Getting stuck on 'submit' button

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:45 pm
This has happened to me now, 4 times.

I hit submit, I hear my computer 'clicking' as it does normally when I change webpages, and when it is all said and done, I have any where from 3-7 posts.. all repeats.. and all done with in seconds of each other.

Is it MY computer?
Or could it be a problem with a2k?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,041 • Replies: 10
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:47 pm
Re: Getting stuck on 'submit' button
shewolfnm wrote:
This has happened to me now, 4 times.

I hit submit, I hear my computer 'clicking' as it does normally when I change webpages, and when it is all said and done, I have any where from 3-7 posts.. all repeats.. and all done with in seconds of each other.

Is it MY computer?
Or could it be a problem with a2k?

My dear Devine Ms M, your are a dingbat who should never be allowed anywhere near a computer.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:50 pm
submit
submit
submit
submit
submit
submit
submit
submit
submit

SEE!!!
Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:52 pm
Generally, multiply repeated posts result from multiply repeated pressings of the "submit" button. Most oftewn, once you've clicked "Submit", your post got here - whether or not your browser displays the confirmation page. Sometimes, for any of a variety of reasons ranging from heavy server load at A2K (or any other site on which you post) to just heavy traffic on the internet itself or some branch of it between your machine and A2K, or even your own machine being under heavy load with background tasks or the like, it can take a while for the confirmation page to execute in the browser at your end. When it seems a post has "hung up" or "didn't go through", its best to first copy the entire post (just in case) then to click on "Your Posts" and see if in fact the post is here - usually, it will be, sometimes not (which is why and when its handy to have copied the post to your clipboard or to a text editor, such as Notepad).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:53 pm
Oh, and besides all that, over a few years of watching techie posts, many times with crossed eyes, virtually nothing happens because of a2k, and the a2k highers are getting ever so slightly indignant.

Me, I don't know anything on all this myself. So, this is actually

a

BUMP.

I can't tell as I type if you put this in Forum Help. If not, you might request it to go there by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:55 pm
Ahh, hell, we all do it from time to time, Osso - even me. Knowing better doesn't necessarilly mean you're gonna do better Embarrassed
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:57 pm
operator error? Embarrassed

quite possible..

I am hearing the click of the webpage 'moving on'.
It will click a few times, then I am still at the submit page.

I exit out of it, and when i go back to the thread, I see my post, followed by several others.

I think this example was spyware of some kind, but a few days ago I opened a2k, and got 12 IE pages poped up at once as if I was just hitting Cntrl N..

A scan quickly showed that YES i did have some spyware, and since I got rid of that, I dont have the many pages popping up.

This SOUNDS like what was going on before, but with a diffrent result.
I dont think I hit submit more then twice, but.. I cant say that i didnt..
I dont really remember. I was more focused on the frozen screen..

so... operator error.. Embarrassed eh.. aint the first time. Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:22 pm
I keep telling my fifteen year old son "it wont happen any faster if you click 15 times".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:28 pm
Well, you're in good hands with Timber catching this question.
(edges out of room, waving.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 04:55 am
shewolf

you're just tweakin'
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:13 am
I guess so..
0 Replies