Generations of Noah (Found Grace)

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:40 pm

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Recently in Generations of Noah (Found) we continued our Noahnic journey. During this space, we began to learn about the structure of man's relationship with God. We learned that this union which must be built with the participation and coordination of God and man, is no different in construction than any physical structure. This is because, just as in any great structure, your relationship's ability to stand will depend on four elements: the strength of the foundation, the time and care taken, and the effort used. We also learned that with Grace as a foundation, God has already provided man with the most important part of that structure. For his survival and benefit, it is now up to man to find and build upon it. Now, today as we continue, let us see how One can build upon Grace.

In Noah's story there are three very important points about grace which those who were caught in that flood were oblivious to. And because of this deficiency, they perished for their lack of knowledge (Hos. 4:6). On the other hand, by choosing to walk with God, the generations of Noah have accidentally come upon or discovered these life saving details. And with the discovery of these items they will gain salvation from the devastating effects of that flood.

First, the generations of Noah have become aware of God. Through the examination of the mountains of spiritual, historical, scientific, and personal evidence which is present at this time, these individuals have become fully aware of the existence of a higher power (Rom.1:19-20).

Secondly, as a result of this awakening and along with their newfound walk with God, they have now become aware of his Love and Grace. And through this awareness they now realise that Grace is not here as an excuse to remain and continue in sin and mediocrity (Rom 6:1). Rather it is a foundation which is laid to give man a chance to change, amend, and improve his condition. In other words, Grace is here for their own reformation and regeneration.

Thirdly, from their newly found realisation of Grace, they have now become aware of an obvious fact. Since Grace is a foundation, it must also be a building block. And as a building block, it can be built upon to attain salvation (Ephes. 2:5Grace.'

Definitions (Merriam Webster)
1. Grace: (n) 1 a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification b : a virtue coming from God c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace
2 a : APPROVAL, FAVOR *stayed in his good graces* b archaic : MERCY, PARDON c : a special favor : PRIVILEGEdisposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency e : a temporary exemption : REPRIEVE

In this day, many Believers have made a grievous mistake. Because of automatic assumptions, many have limited "Graceapproval, favor, privilege, and reprieve. Since this is the case, let us also define and rightly define those words.

2. Approval: (n) : an act or instance of approving : APPROBATION

3. Favor: (n) 1 a (1) : friendly regard shown toward another especially by a superior (2) : approving consideration or attention : APPROBATION b : PARTIALITY c archaic : LENIENCY d archaic : PERMISSION e : POPULARITY 3 a : gracious kindness; also : an act of such kindness *did you a favor* b archaic : AID, ASSISTANCE c plural : effort in one's behalf or interest : ATTENTION

4. Privilege: (n) : a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor : PREROGATIVE; especially : such a right or immunity attached specifically to a position or an office

5. Reprieve: (n) 1 a : the act of reprieving : the state of being reprieved b : a formal temporary suspension of the execution of a sentence especially of death 2 : an order or warrant for a reprieve 3 : a temporary respite (as from pain or troubleGrace' This means that in God's Grace, man has the ability to advance, increase and move forward; or he can diminish, regress and move backwards. These actions can be traced to the fact that Grace is a building block. And as a building block, there are two things One can choose to accomplish with Grace.

First, through correct conduct and behavior, One can build and add levels with it. And as One adds levels they will improve in status in the eyes of the LORD. Or secondly, through corrupt conduct and misbehavior, One can tear down and remove levels. As these levels are removed, One will regress to a worse condition. And as a result of this regression, he or she will lose status before the eyes of the LORD. These levels which are lost will include those which may have been built by a previous generation.

Now, this little unrealized fact of progression and regression is seen in the definitions of Grace. In the beginning of One's relationship with God, they are given unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification (grace 1a), mercy, pardon (grace 2b), and reprieve (grace 2e). This is the part of Grace which man does not deserve, but God has established freely. As their relationship continues on this foundation, they may either build up or lose approval (grace 2a). And as they build up or lose approval they will also gain or lose certain favor (grace 2a) and privilege (grace 2c). At the same time, they will be able to gain or lose mercy and pardon (grace 2b) in certain times of trouble. And depending on the level of their approval (grace 2a), in the day of Visitation they will receive a reprieve (grace 2e) from God's Wrath.

Finally, this is how the generations of Noah are able to escape those days of Visitation. Through a faithfully consistent walk with God, they have built upon that foundation of Grace. And through this building, they have now obtained approval, favor, and privilege. And in the time of need they have gained mercy and pardon (Heb. 4:16 Prov.12:2, 2Thess.2:14). In the eyes of the Lord their status has risen, and they are now seen as just and perfect (Gen 6:9). And because of this Grace, they are now counted worthy to escape that Day of Wrath (1Thess. 2:12, Rev 3:4)

"Grace gained is Grace obtained."

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Acts 14:26 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 13
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 02:07 pm
Is it just me?
0 Replies

megamanXplosion

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 02:20 pm
farmerman wrote:
Is it just me?

No.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 02:25 pm
"whew" I was beginning to worry about missing my seat on the BIG RAPTURE BUS. Well somebody should tell this guy.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 04:04 pm
farmerman wrote:
"whew" I was beginning to worry about missing my seat on the BIG RAPTURE BUS. Well somebody should tell this guy.

If you believe in the Rapture then you are a bigger fool that most
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 04:28 pm
I think Farmerman made a typo, Mindonfire.

It should have read "THE BIG RUPTURE BUS"

I've travelled on that, and it's no laughing matter. Even a short trip of a mile or so clanged my nuts to the extent that I could sing soprano for a fortnight.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 04:45 pm
InAGaddaDaVida.
And I mean it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 05:46 pm
mindy
Quote:
If you believe in the Rapture then you are a bigger fool that most
Anybody that posts your kind of twaddle and expects readership is yet a bigger fool. I enjoy my foolishness as a pleasant, harmless divertimente, you seem to believe in yours.

Are you like Hollis Ray Mathis with crayons?
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 08:11 pm
Am i supposed to read that?
0 Replies

Binyamin

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 03:18 am
Re: Generations of Noah (Found Grace)
Mindonfire wrote:

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

The hebrew word is Chain, which means favor. No where is the word grace found in the scripture you posted, let's stick to the scripture from now on, okay?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:23 pm
Grace is favor and favor is grace. Look at the definitions.
0 Replies

Binyamin

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 01:38 am
Did Esther find grace in the eyes of all who saw her? Or did she find favor? Think about this before you post your usual idiotic non-sense. In english, grace and favor might have the same meaning, but putting grace in that verse is a gross mistranslation of what the text meant.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:31 pm
Let us look at the definitions of "Grace" and "Favor" Now in your infinite wisdom, please tell us or point out the difference.

Definitions Merriam Webster
Grace: (n) 1 a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification b : a virtue coming from God c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace2 a : APPROVAL, FAVOR *stayed in his good graces* b archaic : MERCY, PARDON c : a special favor : PRIVILEGE disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency e : a temporary exemption : REPRIEVE
3 a : a charming or attractive trait or characteristic b : a pleasing appearance or effect : CHARM Favor: (n) 1 a (1) : friendly regard shown toward another especially by a superior (2) : approving consideration or attention : APPROBATION b : PARTIALITY c archaic : LENIENCY d archaic : PERMISSION e : POPULARITY 2 archaic a : APPEARANCE b (1) : FACE (2) : a facial feature 3 a : gracious kindness; also : an act of such kindness *did you a favor* b archaic : AID, ASSISTANCE c plural : effort in one's behalf or interest : ATTENTION4 a : a token of love (as a ribbon) usually worn conspicuously b : a small gift or decorative item given out at a party c : BADGE
5 a : a special privilege or right granted or conceded
0 Replies

Binyamin

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 10:39 pm
Answer the question you idiot, did Esther find grace in the eyes of all who saw her? Even a better question, do you even know who she is?
0 Replies