The Dys

Diane

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 02:17 pm
Oh no, Reyn, have we frightened you away from Albuquerque? The walls can wait, we need some of that Canadian charm.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:00 pm
Diane wrote:
Oh no, Reyn, have we frightened you away from Albuquerque?

Yeah, I think I'm off of Dys' "friend list". He hardly ever talks to me.

That's okay. I'm not much one for travelling anyways. I'm one of those "homebodies".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:13 pm
(No, BBB, I never did get a name from you about the place you liked... something to do with your not then having my email address.

It was the tow truck driver who told me about it, and as that recommendation coincided with a place I'd looked up previously in the phone book, I said, "OK, then". It's VO Volvo on 3rd Street downtown. Not only were they efficient, reasonably priced, caring enough to call the next day to make sure the car was doing well... but I spent most of the time in the waiting room/office laughing. They are a witty crew there, even though they are busy.

I was doubly edified since I've had previous experience with a tow truck driver taking me and my auto, not the same volve, to a very shady mechanic. So, in this case, I'd also recommend that particular tow truck driver.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:40 am
The hostess is passing me around to Canadians.

Really, I don't know quite how to respond to this turn of events.

I will not eat mountain goat balls. Worse even than cowboy balls. Confused Do we have a cowboy willing to provide....brekkies?

So, are we starting a festival in ABQ? Should we drive our Harley's or something? Our monster trucks?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 07:39 am
Osso
Osso, the Volvo place on 3rd Street is the one I tried to recommend to you based on my own experience with them. It's helpful that they offer loaner cars.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:43 am
I might be able to plan a trip in a couple of years. Can't say for sure. A lot of it depends on the mrs. I will be away from the present job, preparing to get a new one, after a short respite.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:50 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
twould be nice to sit on the lawn and levitate the dys's house ala Al Ginsberg.

This idea goes on th list. Very Happy
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:06 pm
Hey, what's this about a DYS CLUB? No one even nominated me, not even our (Dys and my) friend, Francis.

By the way, Lash. Those are not huevos rancheros. HR's are fried eggs on a fried corn tortilla with red or green sauce on them. They are usually served with refried beans: my favorite breakfast.
Huevos Divorciados (divorced eggs) are the same, except that one egg has green sauce (salse verde) on it and the other red sauce (salsa roja). Sometimes, as in Mexico City's Sanborn's restaurant chain, the "divorced" eggs are separated by the refried beans.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:23 pm
JLNobody and Francis along with Edgarblythe are considered founding fathers of the Dys Poopity Head club.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:27 pm
I'll only join when the platine-cards are out.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:39 pm
Nobody went straight to the top of the power structure. I envy his mojo.

Quote:
Those are not huevos rancheros. HR's are fried eggs on a fried corn tortilla with red or green sauce on them. They are usually served with refried beans: my favorite breakfast.
Huevos Divorciados (divorced eggs) are the same, except that one egg has green sauce (salse verde) on it and the other red sauce (salsa roja). Sometimes, as in Mexico City's Sanborn's restaurant chain, the "divorced" eggs are separated by the refried beans

Laughing Laughing Thank you!! I need to know how to order when I get there.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:43 pm
to satisfy the "northerners" many cafes serve huevos rancheros with flour tortillas, this is an abomination and should never be tolerated. Breakfast burritos may be served with flour tortillas. Beans should be served with every meal preferably with queso blanco melted on top.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:44 pm
The entire region is gassy, I assume.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:48 pm
Lash wrote:
The entire region is gassy, I assume.

Only when Long Neck Bud is added to the meal, most of us prefer a nice Chilian Cab or perhaps a nice chilled Portugese vinho verde.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 06:36 pm
Such an honor. Such company. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 07:04 pm
O
M
G
!

You remembered my drink of choice!!

<overcome with goosy, happy vibes and thinking of a long neck bud...>

Another happy evening, courtesy of The Dys and Co.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 07:38 pm
Belbeeta

The main food in Alb that I liked was the sopapilla, with honey.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 10:06 am
farmerman wrote:
Belbeeta

in general we call it navaho fry bread.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 10:11 am
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Belbeeta

in general we call it navaho fry bread.

Ah, Dys. Poster child of the common man --- by an uncommon man.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 08:43 pm
Are they spelling it differently now? I always thought it was "Navajo" with a "j."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Dys
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 03:43:34