Which carries more weight, The Confession or The Walk?

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:04 pm
Which carries more weight, The Confession or The Walk?

Does confessing Jesus Christ as Savior carry more weight than doing what the Holy Bible commands? And if so why ?

Is the person who confesses Jesus Christ as Savior more likely to receive salvation before an individual who does not confess, but yet does what the Bible commands? And if so Why ?

If you are able, please provide scriptures to validate your positions
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 831 • Replies: 17
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:09 pm
I can't quote any scripture but I believe Jesus was heavier than the bible.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:16 pm
I believe the walk carries far more weight then the confession.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I can't quote any scripture but I believe Jesus was heavier than the bible.

How so?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:51 pm
The bible probably weighs about two pounds, while I have Jesus pegged at around 165 soaking wet.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:55 pm
Confession has 6 more letters.

It must be confession.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 05:54 pm
The walk. Don't need no scripture or to be a christ-lover to tell you that!

Which man should you marry: the one who is a sweet talker and tells you what you want to hear all the time (Confessing his love for you...ohh! how dramatic!) Or
the one who is there consistently yet sometimes says stupid or annoying things (walking the walk - not nearly so dramatic nor easy)

BTW: How in the world does a bible (a book made of paper) command a human being to do anything?
Sure, you want say it is nitpicking, but it goes to show the level of non-thought that can bring some folks to religious 'calling'.

You may believe your God commands these things on the paper.
Or maybe it is Jesus, or Matt or one of the other men doing the commanding of you.

But the Bible is not a Character with a voice, brain, and reproductive system. Just think about it. That is the realm of Cartoon World.

p.s. I think I will have a Veggie Tales Salad tonight Razz Ya ever see those shows?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:16 pm
flushd wrote:
The walk. Don't need no scripture or to be a christ-lover to tell you that!

Which man should you marry: the one who is a sweet talker and tells you what you want to hear all the time (Confessing his love for you...ohh! how dramatic!) Or
the one who is there consistently yet sometimes says stupid or annoying things (walking the walk - not nearly so dramatic nor easy)

BTW: How in the world does a bible (a book made of paper) command a human being to do anything?
Sure, you want say it is nitpicking, but it goes to show the level of non-thought that can bring some folks to religious 'calling'.

You may believe your God commands these things on the paper.
Or maybe it is Jesus, or Matt or one of the other men doing the commanding of you.

But the Bible is not a Character with a voice, brain, and reproductive system. Just think about it. That is the realm of Cartoon World.

p.s. I think I will have a Veggie Tales Salad tonight Razz Ya ever see those shows?

Luke 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:21 pm
I don't think that was the right answer, flushd.

Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:24 pm
"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself. (James 2:14-17)
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:29 pm
Lash wrote:
I don't think that was the right answer, flushd.

Very Happy

Actually that was a very appropriate answer
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:30 pm
neologist wrote:
"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself. (James 2:14-17)

How about for those who do not speak Scripture Speak. Can you please tell them your answer in plain speak.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 08:07 am
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:

How about for those who do not speak Scripture Speak. Can you please tell them your answer in plain speak.
This, coming from one esoteric beyond obfuscation. . .

Well, OK:

Satan is a believer. Satan knows the outcome of his rebellion and the rewards in store for those practicing their faith. So knowledge, understanding and the profession of faith are not enough.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 11:15 am
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:

This, coming from one esoteric beyond obfuscation. . .

Well, OK:

Satan is a believer. Satan knows the outcome of his rebellion and the rewards in store for those practicing their faith. So knowledge, understanding and the profession of faith are not enough.

LOL! Good answer
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:41 pm
I think we may agree, even if we say things in completely different ways. lol

neologist wrote:
"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself. (James 2:14-17)

I actually like this piece of scripture a lot. Unfortunately, some twist it to their own agenda (like some people will do with most anything; not just the bible).

It also reminds us to be nice and to feed,clothe, and share PEACE with people. Smile We can all do that if we want, whether we share a faith or not.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:01 pm
flushd wrote:

neologist wrote:
"Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself. (James 2:14-17)

I actually like this piece of scripture a lot. Unfortunately, some twist it to their own agenda (like some people will do with most anything; not just the bible).

It also reminds us to be nice and to feed,clothe, and share PEACE with people. Smile We can all do that if we want, whether we share a faith or not.
And I make an excellent cup of coffee, too.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:12 am
"You have heard that it hath been said: An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other" -- Matthew 5:38-39

I believe the "new commandment" of Christ carries more weight than the OT as a whole, although the Ten Commandments are of equal importance to those of Christ.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:48 pm
flushd wrote:

neologist wrote:

Peace can be for everyone. Everyone is capable of helping someone. It is up to man to create his heaven or if he chooses he can create his hell.
0 Replies