Black holes

Ray

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:24 pm
Quote:
not sure if you read my post but yeah, you said the same thing. an atom is perhaps not the best for example because it consists of many many smaller particles and so the system is rather complex...to better understand the simplicity think about 2 photons. at this scale classical physics no longer applies and that is another reason why your idea doesn't work

Quote:
Not your idea, I was referring to Ray's idea that gravity is not really a fundamental force.

Umm, I didn't propose any idea. You mean string theory?
0 Replies

g day

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 03:44 am
To the original question - the black hole has an event horizon based on its total mass and energy as defined by its Schwarzschild radius.

Within the event horizon the physics of relativity doesn't hold sway. It could easily be possible that you have a series of phase changes as the energy density climbs toward the centre, so the four forces could combine one at a time, or phase by phase until you only have one force - quantum gravity.

Given that hypothesis you might not have any spacetime for this energy to exist in, you might just have transitioned into another reality within the cosmic foam of quantum physics.

As to what is inertia - well if you think of gravity as being carried by a quantised force (doubt it) such as a Higgs Bosun acting within a Higgs field - well inerita is explainable. But I for one don't like to think of gravity as a force, let alone a quantised on. I think of it more as a field effect within our reality. With the topology of our universe (and more specifically our observable Hubble Sphere within it) unknown - I wouldn't want to speculate too much further.

Well maybe just one more speculative thought. There is no dark energy, what we are intuiting as dark energy expanding our Universe is our Hubble Sphere within the Universe increasingly encountering the gravity wells of other Hubble Spheres caused by inflation (making the Universe a series of non causally linked Hubble Spheres).
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
Thanks G'day,

That's a speculative "cosmos" that I think we could live in. There seem to be quite a few speculative universes that are still keeping human imaginations alive but I have noticed that most universe theories severely discount the possibility of something else.

Just because it is inherently unknowable is no good reason not to speculate if one realizes that one is speculating.

There are some pretty good livings being made describing speculations Sad as facts. Worst thing is some people don't even understand the difference. Even on the science forums.

Frankly I kinda like your cosmos. I'm gonna live in it for awhile. As if I have a choice Smile It could have some interesting ramifications.
0 Replies