[ans.] Having a few A2K glitches .... just comparing notes.

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 05:37 pm
dlowan wrote:
Are avatars and quote function gone for others?

OH well, if needs must, so it goes.

Lol! And just as I posted that, they materialised!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 05:40 pm
Right, dlowan. It takes a bit for that bunny to expand. <smile>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 07:16 pm
<exhale>

(Everytime I started to relax since the weekend it went kerflooey -- seems much more reliably OK today.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2006 08:22 pm
I hope Craven and the hamsters can catch up on their sleep.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 12:44 am
<peeking in again>

It seems to be fairly glitchless! Surprised

We'll know for certain after a week or so!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:09 am
Not to suck up to zee hamsters, but there has been a certain pattern to all this, and they have learned, or maybe did in the first place back in 'ought what', to tell us via announcements when stuff would be happening. There follows a pattern of confusion, some pleas, and some indignation. Happens with every maintenance period. We should all learn to read the announcement forum. Maybe if the hamsters add clanging bluebells to it.

I bring this up since I can (oh so barely imagine, nude frolicking) that I was a hamster working on this retrofit for x amount of hours and seeing people posting all these bemused or even aggravated comments, when it all had been announced a week ago or more.

Now that I've spoken obnoxiously, I'll say I get that people would miss this was happening. Maybe in the distant future some kind of symbolic gong can go off, on member check-in, which would clue folks into what is happening..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 08:44 am
Actually, we're perfecting installing King Kong on each of your computers. When you fail to read the Announcements forum, a large hairy hand will come out of your PC and give you a small but decisive thump on the back of your wrist.

Patent pending.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 05:13 pm
jespah wrote:
Actually, we're perfecting installing King Kong on each of your computers. When you fail to read the Announcements forum, a large hairy hand will come out of your PC and give you a small but decisive thump on the back of your wrist.

Patent pending.

What?

And miss all the fun of the indignation etc.?

Anyhoo, a smack on the wrist from a dumb gorilla with gland problems would just get lipstick everywhere and annoy the cat.....it wouldn't make those who don't read announcements READ them.....they'd just open a passel of threads complaining about gorillas.....then then there'd be another whole passel complaining that THEY hadn't seen the gorilla, and don't you love them any more? THEN there's be a passel complaining that A2k hates America because they chose a gorilla instead of a raccoon, and we Australians would complain of American Imperialism cos we want a POSSUM, not some ferking gorilla...then there'd be a passel of threads saying why do we hate America and correcting the origin of gorillas ( I KNOW where they come from, so don't start with that, ok?).....then there'd be a thing about anal retentives always correcting everyone, and Nimh would get involved and find some graphs and Little k would start a thread about protecting gorillas and then there'd be a fight about Islam in Africa.

Ah, I love the smell of A2k in the morning....

And, oh, did I mention I would prefer a FEMALE glandularly hyperfunctional gorilla, please?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:10 am
Much better now. No critical errors or slow load times, even on my dialup.
0 Replies