I hate the war!!!

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 01:38 am
I don't know why the war never end? we always The God's children why we always fight each other?All of us have only one world why we always don't get along well with each other?we need peace .we hate war.I hate the war very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 774 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:49 am
I also hate war. When you write "the war," it seems to refer to a specific war. You should not write "the war" unless you are talking about a specific war, and the people who are going to read what you write know which war you are referring to. In what you have written, you are talking about war in general. So don't write "the war," just write "war."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:56 am
Re: I hate the war!!!
This is how i would re-write your paragraph to make it correct in English:

I don't know why war never ends. We are all God's children, why do we always fight each other? All of us have only one world, why can't we get along well with each other? We need peace. We should hate war. I hate war very much.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:58 am
Re: I hate the war!!!
Setanta wrote:
This is how i would re-write your paragraph to make it correct in English:

I don't know why war never ends. We are all God's children, why do we always fight each other? All of us have only one world, why can't we get along well with each other? We need peace. We should hate war. I hate war very much.

You are earning your GURU stripes.

I have to wipe a tear away Crying or Very sad :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 06:26 am
Once I witnessed my friend and her sister arguing over a pair of socks. When seing the extremes they were willing to go to over something as trivial as a pair of socks, I have no trouble understanding why there is war in the world. Smile
0 Replies

whitesnow10

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:26 pm
Thanks!
Setanta:
thank you for your correcting my mistakes!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 10:28 am
You are welcome, Whitesnow, and i hope that you continue to study English, and continue to make progress.
0 Replies