Georgian-made winy Beauty and the Beast

Chappie

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:42 am
A travesty of the world-known Disney animated film of Beauty and the Beast is now being made by Georgian TV company Rustavi 2 under the request of Georgian president Mikhail Saakashvili. As it was said in a news release, the two main characters in this movie are personalizing two leaders of Ukrainian Orange revolution (Yulia Timoshenko as the Beauty, and Viktor Yuschenko as the Beast) who are still not able to connect with each other - this is an allusion of actual problems within Orange coalition in Ukraine.

As expected, Saakashvili tries in this wise to make things lively for Kiev for its refusal to make Ukrainian domestic market fully accessible for Georgian wines and mineral water Borjomi. Don't you think Saakashvili acts a little bit childishly? Or is this a new peaceful means of political leverage that will start a new era in world political practice when all political dissensions will get resolved by means of producing travesty animated films? That would be fine. But anyway we are living in a civilized world. How can Europe expect to be having efficient relations with a country where president acts like a mooncalf? No, this is inappropriate. I think that Georgia should first do something about its bizzare president and only after that expect integration into EU.

P.s. Anyway I'm looking forward buying this masterpiece on DVD ^_^ and I also would like to know reaction of Kiev.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 132 • Replies: 0
No top replies