Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:50 pm
Why do birds sing so gay
And lovers await the break of day?
Why do they fall in love?
Why does the rain fall from up above?
Why do fools fall in love?
Why do they fall in love?

-- Franky Lymon and the Teenagers

David Rothenberg is a "Doctor of Philosophy." He is also a jazz musician. And, he has become a researcher into bird song. Playing his clarinet at the National Aviary, it seemed to him that the birds responded, that they sang with him for the joy of song. It lead him to embark upon an amazing journey. To learn more about David Rothenberg and the birds, click here.

You can learn about Dave Rothenberg, and his feathered jam sessions, about the Laughing Thrushes and the entire amazing story here.--Be warned, though, this is more of a promotional site for his work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,650 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:36 pm
Smile

Ah, I love birdsongs. We have a lot of mockingbirds in the area, and they do such a good impression of a car alarm that sometimes you see people run out to their cars or look outside, looking for the idiot who can't shut off the alarm. Oops, no, it's just the birdies.

Now that we leave the windows open a lot, and since the sunrise is very early, we hear 'em all getting up and greeting the day. Sounds like a tropical rain forest half the time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:49 pm
Speaking of birdsongs, the lady Diane noticed last week a hummingbyrd nest in the tree in our front yard. Yesterday while sitting at my computer in our little office with the big window that looks out directly on the tree with the hummingbird nest I noticed that the nest is only about 5 ft from my head as I sit at the computer and that as I sat at my desk I noticed that little head bobbing up and down in the nest, just now I looked out to see the same head bobbing in a nest about the size of a chicken egg cut in half. Makes my heart sing.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Speaking of birdsongs, the lady Diane noticed last week a hummingbyrd nest in the tree in our front yard. Yesterday while sitting at my computer in our little office with the big window that looks out directly on the tree with the hummingbird nest I noticed that the nest is only about 5 ft from my head as I sit at the computer and that as I sat at my desk I noticed that little head bobbing up and down in the nest, just now I looked out to see the same head bobbing in a nest about the size of a chicken egg cut in half. Makes my heart sing.

awwwww
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:58 pm
Everyone knows that Robin is a homoerotic sidekick.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:12 am
My bedroom window opens out to my garden and the fields beyond that which is full of mature trees. Summer time in the morning, the birds start singing at arnd 0400 - so if my window is open, I can hear them.

Irrittates the hell out of me. Too bad shotguns are banned in UK else I would have blown the sh*t out of them...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:25 am
Prince you are such a sensative sole. Laughing
0 Replies

dewmanirl

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:54 pm
@Setanta,
WOW...

Ive read some shitty **** in my day

but...

this takes the cake