Problem accessing Computers Forume

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:44 pm
Lately I've been having difficulty accessing the Computer Forum site. I keep getting the "error...this website may be broken, etc" message. I would like to see what computer postings are active, but can't seem to get there. I hope able2know isn't going the way of Abuzz... Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,430 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:47 pm
Tomkitten- Never fear. We are NOT going the way of Abuzz. I haven't been on A2K this afternoon, so I don't know if there were any outages. From time to time are plagued by those pesky DOS problems............but Craven always comes to the rescue, and it is usually fixed in short order!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:48 pm
What link are you using?

BTW, This site is nothing like Abuzz, we are not trying to make money. So there's no danger of the technical people being fired, we were never in it for the money to begin with.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:50 pm
I just tested all the links and they are working.

Another thing is that we have no such error messages. Most of the site error messages were written by me and I never wrote that.

I'll need more input from you to solve this, it's working fine for everyone else.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:05 am
Accessing Computer Forum
Here's what's been happening.

I have tried 3 ways to access the forum - clicking on the email update link; going directly to Able2know Home and then Computers; via the list of recently entered Internet addresses at the address space on my computer.

I have received either or both of the following messages each time: "Web site not responding...may be experiencing technical difficulty due to a busy or broken server" or "PhpBB: Critical Error. Error creating new session".

Further: When I tried to submit this message I once more got the Web site not responding message. BTW, I use AOL. I know lots of people hate it, but I don't usually have any trouble.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:08 am
The site was just down for a chunk of time, Tomkitten -- that was across the board, not just the computers forum. (Go to "new posts" and note the gap between about 11 and about noon EST.)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:11 am
Accessing Computer Forum
Thanks, Sozobe. I feel a lot better. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:14 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 05:03 pm
tomkitten,

Do you use cookies to remember your username and password?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 05:14 pm
Accessing Computer Fprum
I guess so. Anyway, I never have to sign in. Confused
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 05:30 pm
Odd, please keep meupdated on this, if the session problem continues I will have to downgrade the IP security for the whole forum to accomodate AOL's rotating IP proxies.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 06:44 pm
Accessing Computer Forum
Haven't had any trouble since sozobe's response of 11:07 a.m. But the problem has occurred on previous occasions. I gather you think it must be AOL, not Able2know or my computer.

Actually, I'm considering switching from AOL but can't decide on a substitute. Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:07 pm
Good grief! Everything is all freaky. The only way I have been able to get here is through "all topics" -- it shows that there are 7 new posts, but when I click on new posts it says "could not insert search results". Same with "your posts."
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 May, 2003 10:19 pm
tomkitten,

Anything on earth is better than AOL. I am not sure if your problem was on your side or ours. Today was a very bad day for our server.

Sozobe,

It should be working now. I just had to do an update on the server software to patch a hold that was already being exploited.
0 Replies