[answered] Featured?

dupre

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:02 am
Hi, everyone.

What does it mean when "Featured" appears before a question?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 901 • Replies: 2
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:21 am
In each forum, 10 topics are "Featured", on a more-or-less rotating basis; as a featured topic drops in activity, it is replaced by another. Theoretically, anyhow, but it pretty much works out that way. A featured topic is one though likely to generate participation. They're sorta the "Headline" topics for each firum, and the most recently active featured topics (and poll) are listed on the Home page, theoretically highly visible to new participants.

Generally, the topics selected for featuring are characterized by well written, clear initial posts which deal with some matter topical to the forum in which they appear. Anyone can recommend a topic for featuring; click the "report" button, add a brief explanation of why you think the topic should be featured if you wish to, select "Move/Feature/Defeature" from the dropdown, and click submit. On average, changes are made to the Featured Topics roster once or twice a month or so - sometimes, some forums, a bit more often, other times, other forums perhaps not quite so often, but on average that's about the way it works out.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:06 am
Thanks for the precise answer.

We should Feature it.

Smile
0 Replies