WHAT THE ANGLICAN BISHOPS SAY ABOUT JESUS AND GOD...

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:41 am
Anglican Bishops Declare that Jesus Is not God

In the British newspaper the "Daily News" 25/6/84 under the heading "Shock survey of Anglican Bishops" We read

"More than half of England's Anglican Bishops say that Christians are not obliged to believe that Jesus Christ was God, according to a survey published today. The pole of 31 of England's 39 bishops shows that many of them think that Christ's miracles, the virgin birth and the resurrection might not have happened exactly as described in the Bible. Only 11 of the bishops insisted that Christians must regard Christ as both God and man, while 19 said it was sufficient to regard Jesus as 'God's supreme agent'"

The Source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,553 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Miller

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:44 am
So?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:59 am
dalahows trying to make a point that all the insane violence being perped in the name of ISlam, has at least some context that scripturally is closer to revealed truth than Christianity"s
In other words,His Islamic insanity is more holy than Christian insanity.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:25 am
dalahow2 also forgets that the issue of the Trinity was hotly debated prior to Bishop Athanasius' time, after which he sent a letter and everyone more or less destroyed the Gospels that didn't conform with the Trinitarian Doctrine.

The Trinitarian Doctrine is dogma.

And Islam is guilty of a lot more dogma than Christianity. In fact, the dogma is specifically ingrained into the Koran.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:33 am
all these boys need to take these dogmas out for a walk or for a good romp at the dogma park IMO. They have tooooo much excess energy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:34 am
I know that little remains of the writings of Bishop AThanasius, apparently his hard drive crashed.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:58 am
farmerman wrote:
I know that little remains of the writings of Bishop AThanasius, apparently his hard drive crashed.

Yes the hard disk Crashed and "Blown" things that have no evidence as one Setanta used to say...

Many Cannot Hold but Curse...........

This are facts....and why would The "Supposed"word of God be in so much Controversies....................???????????????????????????

Smile Smile

Please Tell me.........I am no Anglican..
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:09 am
Hang on! Daily News? I don't remember ever seeing a British newspaper called the Daily News before.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:00 pm
Quote:

This are facts....and why would The "Supposed"word of God be in so much Controversies....................???????????????????????????

Watch as the man in the silly pink hat makes fun of those in the silly purple hats. Oh what sillyness, a purple hat.

Those of us in hoods watch and wonder.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:45 pm
revised edition
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Hang on! Daily News? I don't remember ever seeing a British newspaper called the Daily News before.

Yeah coz you have Never Read the News..or are your magazines always revised..

Quote:
"In the British newspaper the "Daily News" 25/6/84 under the heading "Shock survey of Anglican Bishops" We read
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:14 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
dalahow2 also forgets that the issue of the Trinity was hotly debated prior to Bishop Athanasius' time, after which he sent a letter and everyone more or less destroyed the Gospels that didn't conform with the Trinitarian Doctrine. . .
No scripture conforms to the trinitarian doctrine.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:18 am
Church tradition=Scripture neo, whats your problem with that?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 07:52 am
Oops. Sorry Farmer. I meant to answer Wolfie's comment about the gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John don't conform to the trinitarian doctrine, either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:44 pm
Has anyone canvassed the issue of why we should give a rat's ass what Anglican Bishops say? Let alone why we would ever trust this Muslim fanatic on anything?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:46 pm
dalahow2 wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Yes the hard disk Crashed and "Blown" things that have no evidence as one Setanta used to say...

Many Cannot Hold but Curse...........

Smile Smile

Please Tell me.........I am no Anglican..

Hey, clown, don't attribute anything to me unless you can quote it directly, 'K? I don't need Muslim nutbags telling the world what i "used" to say . . .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 04:48 pm
If anyone remembers the Papal Fashion Show in Fellini's "Roma," this is the same sort of artifice -- all regalia, no brains.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:28 pm
wow, even the bishops are finding this religion a little far fetched....itsnt belief in Jesus of God one of the main things you have to believe to be a christian?
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 08:31 am
Re: WHAT THE ANGLICAN BISHOPS SAY ABOUT JESUS AND GOD...
dalahow2 wrote:
Anglican Bishops Declare that Jesus Is not God

In the British newspaper the "Daily News" 25/6/84 under the heading "Shock survey of Anglican Bishops" We read

"More than half of England's Anglican Bishops say that Christians are not obliged to believe that Jesus Christ was God, according to a survey published today. The pole of 31 of England's 39 bishops shows that many of them think that Christ's miracles, the virgin birth and the resurrection might not have happened exactly as described in the Bible. Only 11 of the bishops insisted that Christians must regard Christ as both God and man, while 19 said it was sufficient to regard Jesus as 'God's supreme agent'"

The Source
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 08:49 am
Ahhh the catholics, you never know what theyll do next....hahaha
0 Replies