Is A2K Losing Some of its Luster?

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:09 am
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4728/scfornimh1hj.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:13 am
for all I know that was just the name she danced under....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:15 am
Who did she dance under?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:16 am
she danced under me and on top of me more times than I can remember.....she was a nimble little mynx....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 09:58 am
yitwail wrote:
how do you expect to be taken seriously when you waste your time in trivia threads? Razz

I dream not to be taken seriously. That's why the bulk of my time is spent in H.I.

Some of us are just not intellectual enough, I guess.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:06 am
Reyn wrote:
yitwail wrote:
how do you expect to be taken seriously when you waste your time in trivia threads? Razz

I dream not to be taken seriously. That's why the bulk of my time is spent in H.I.

Some of us are just not intellectual enough, I guess.

right! sometimes I wonder why so many people waste so much time in the politics threads.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:08 am
Politics, trivia, is there a difference? Perhaps one term acknowledges its own meaninglessness, while the other is self-important.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:15 am
the self-important desere a thread or two of their own. Razz
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:32 am
Gargamel wrote:
Politics, trivia, is there a difference? Perhaps one term acknowledges its own meaninglessness, while the other is self-important.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. To me, it's all the same crap.

To me, the R & P forums are just an excuse to bash each other endless over the same stuff and win "debating points".

To each their own I guess.

I suppose there will be some that will say what I post is crap, but at least it's honest funny crap intended to be a bright spot in someone's day, and not to be a downer.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 10:41 am
Reyn wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head here. To me, it's all the same crap.

To me, the R & P forums are just an excuse to bash each other endless over the same stuff and win "debating points".

To be fair, the International News forum - and most threads not to do with the US (or Israel) - are a bit better; more info, less contention, and a bit wider range of subjects (wider than always again the Iraq war, guns, abortion, the evil neocons, the liberal media, creationism and gay marriage). But admittedly it's more of a difference in degree.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:40 pm
I agree that the luster is off this stupid site. I think it started going downhill the day Momma Angel decided to try to make it into a faith-based, "I love Jesus" website. After that debacle, whenever I see a new religious person starting a thread about how great god is, I almost can't resist attacking mercilessly.

So maybe that's why it seems a little less friendly a place for certain people.

So, in summary, I blame Momma Angel and her flock of idiots.

Nothing personal. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:45 pm
kickycan wrote:
I agree that the luster is off this stupid site. I think it started going downhill the day Momma Angel decided to try to make it into a faith-based, "I love Jesus" website. After that debacle, whenever I see a new religious person starting a thread about how great god is, I almost can't resist attacking mercilessly.

AND... she likes that goddam Taylor Hicks too. Strike two.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:48 pm
and she likes that goddamned kickycan two, strike thr........oh, wait

nevermind
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:57 pm
I dunno. I'm a sensitive souuuuuuuul, if I have a soul. I can be buoyed up by just a hairyassed thread or two; well, those, and the occasional thoughtful thread, as long as that can last. And the occasional reach for glory, as in Ellpus' trip scenario about a year ago - I nearly died laughing.
Walter's Tour de France photo tours were satisfying.. well, once I get going I can name a lot of threads that interested me and that I learned from, even some of the political and religion (slaps self) threads.

Point is that this place has moods almost in the same way we individually have them.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:04 pm
Osso--

Excellent point.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:15 pm
just made some comments inthe "cia protected german war criminals" thread .
was somewhat reluctant at first ... but now feel pretty good having added something - whatever it might be .
perhaps we are in what the sailors call the "doldrums" ?

http://econscience.org/scott/cramerweb/c164/img/sailingCramer/ship.doldrums.jpg

the wind will pick up again !
hbg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:20 pm
kickycan wrote:

If you're joking - and sometimes it's hard to tell - and if you know Momma Angel at all, you will know you're gonna hurt her feelings, so you're telling a mean joke. If you're not joking - which it sort of seems like - then let me say that you have very likely contributed just as much to the stench and drabness on A2K as anyone, with your slam-everything-but-assume-everyone-appreciates-my cowboy-charm bullshit.

And nothing personal Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:25 pm
Check the polls. Everybody DOES like his slam-everything-but-assume-everyone-appreciates-my cowboy-charm bullshit.

Take a lesson.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:30 pm
Here, Snood - take a good swig of THIS and relax - you'll feel better soon.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 08:31 pm
Lash wrote:
Check the polls. Everybody DOES like his slam-everything-but-assume-everyone-appreciates-my cowboy-charm bullshit.

Take a lesson.

I can count on you for certain ****, can't I Lash? How's your imaginary ailment?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 08:28:49