Con-Census 2006 - You can refuse the upcoming Census

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 08:00 am
Con-Census 2006
You can refuse to take part in the upcoming Census.

Why should I refuse to partake in the upcoming Census?
The Australian Democrats and other sources have confirmed that the information to be gained in this year's Census may be utilised as a privacy-intrusive measure to build up information profiles about average Australians, like you and me.
Combine this with proposals of a National ID card, and the Howard Government's history of misuse of information (Children Overboard, Iraq invasion justification, AWB scandal etc. etc.) and you have good reason to refuse to hand over your personal information.

More importantly than the Census itself, many feel uneasy, frustrated and even helpless with our involvement in the illegal war in Iraq, our treatment of Asylum Seekers, the recent introduction of the new Anti-Terrorism and Sedition laws, and other post-9/11 related events at home and abroadÂ… This brings us to this point in 2006, where we now believe that an act of Civil Disobedience is required to send a message to our Government.

Con-Census 2006 enables you and others to take positive non-violent action.

Go HERE to find out more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 1
No top replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 10:21 pm
So I went to "here" and didn't find out much more. Shocked

Just who or what is "Con-Census 2006" that I should commit an act of civil disobedience on their say-so?

I don't like John Howard. I don't like Kim Beazely either for that matter. But at least I know who they are and what they stand for and so I will listen to what they have to say before I make any decisions or take any political action.

As for using the Aust. Democrats as a source reference, it would seem they have shot themselves in the foot so many times their dancing days are just about done.
0 Replies