Lay and Skilling will do time!

eoe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:02 am
The jury is in. The boys were found guilty of all kinds of conspiracies and thieveries. I hope they both live to ripe old ages...behind bars.
Ain't life grand?!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,083 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 03:02 pm
Yeah, it'd be great if they locked 'em up and threw away the key. But I'm not holding my breath. The sentencing isn't even scheduled for another couple of months. And there will be so many appeals those two will be old, old men by the time all those appeals are exhausted. They could wind up going broke, paying their lawyers, but it's also quite possible they'll never see the inside of a prison. As long as they're allowed to stay free on bond -- which is the case right now -- they have countless opportunities to dodge whatever sentence is imposed.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:05 pm
I still have hope!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:19 pm
I believe they will eventually get locked up, but not for life.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:38 pm
They still have their friend in the White House. Pardons signed on January 20,2008 are a good bet.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:44 pm
Y'all really know how to squeeze the joy out of a rare moment of justice. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:52 pm
After six years I am just very cynical about the whole crew. They scratch each others backs and to hell with what the rest of the country thinks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:59 pm
I know. I'm pretty cynical myself. But this is what we've been waiting for, right? We've wanted them to be found GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:07 pm
Guilty was a given I want them to go to JAIL, JAIL, JAIL, and I'm betting they wont.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:14 pm
Let's hope that they do. What have we got to lose? Can't you just see them? It'll be cute, of course. The Holiday Inn jail. But it's lockdown all the same. And maybe one of them will end up on dishwashing duty. And day in and day out, that's all he does. Washes dishes.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:17 pm
It's a moral victory, eoe, I agree. There was always that off-chance that the jury might have been swayed the wrong way by the testimony. So justice prevailed in terms of the verdict. But what happens next -- well, as I said, I ain't holding my breath. I'm afraid Acquiunk is right.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:19 pm
When he was CEO of ENRON, Skilling used to jump to the head of the line at quitting time and give everyone else the finger as he drove out of the company parking lot. I think he should be permanently assigned to the back of the line, and if anyone shows up late they get to cut in front of him.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:54 pm
I hate to join the party poopers but I too think it will be some time before they see the inside of a jail. I can say I'm very, very proud of the jury, they did a great job. It would have been great had Lay and Skilling been cuffed and hauled off to jail as soon as they were found guilty; they could launch their appeals from prison... just like you or I would have to do.
0 Replies