Americans will teach Afghans to fight

Maulli

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:11 am
Today many teachers, doctors, and other intellectuals of Afghanistan have to live on the marge of poverty. In spite of promises made by new Afghan president Hamid Karzai on the day of his elections to scale up wages of teachers and provide them with a plot of land to dwell on, neither was done. Actually, Afghan civilian workers draw a salary only enough to exist as long as 10 days proximately. So this is why many of them were forced to look for ways of survival and this is what Americans decided to suck advantage out of.

As I learned from my pen-friend from Afghanistan (he is a student and we got acquainted when I visited Kabul, since then we kept in touch via internet), Americans are now forming sort of Iranian opposition on the territory of Afghanistan. At an air base near Chakhansur city in Nimruz province - in the far southwestern corner of Afghanistan, bordering Iran - Americans welcome allcomers to join this new recruitment program and make no secret of it. My friend wrote me that they promise to pay ample wages so he wanted to make a try and join it but was refused with the excuse that only Pashtun Sunnis are admitted while he is Uzbek.

He said that anyway he found out something about this which made him happy he failed to join it. Americans were recruiting people and training them to be a fighting entity and take part in military operations in Iran when Americans start to invade it.

In the areas of Rabbat and Kang, Americans already managed to recruit some 100 people who will act as sabotage-reconnaissance groups in Iran. As you see, Americans are rather unscrupulous in point of finding ways to make other nations fight on their side. I think that they were only able to recruit people thanks to general poverty in Afghanistan (that btw was caused by preceding invasion of Afghanistan by the US).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 408 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:15 am
Given the last few thousand years of Afghan history (specifically, the Pathans--or Pushtuns, and they are now called), it is more than a little disingenuous to suggest that anyone needs to teach the Afghans to fight.
0 Replies