Strange And Unawares

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:10 am
Strange And Unawares

It is important to recognize when one is in err, and it is even more important to correct oneself immediately and without hesitation while God and time still permits. Many believers have become or are heathens and are not even consciously aware of this current state. This is because they have become convinced in their minds through their assumptions and self-conceit that their way of life is acceptable to God.

In these last days for some strange reason the church has come to the conclusion that God has changed. Many in the church have come to the estimation that God was existing in ignorance for thousands of years, and in these last days has somehow become "enlightened". He now accepts those things which he has detested in the past. Many now believe that God accepts lying, cheating, purloining, dishonesty, bearing false witness, pride, gluttony, murder, homosexuality, and adultery. These are the ways of the heathens. God by his grace may allow it for a period, but this does not mean that he approves of it. Let us take a look at what defines a heathen so that we can better understand what it means to be a heathen.

Definitions Merriam Webster

1. Heathen: Function: adjective 1 : of or relating to heathens , their religions, or their customs 2 : STRANGE, UNCIVILIZED

2. Heathen: Function: noun 1 : an unconverted member of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible 2 : an uncivilized or irreligious personMatt 7:23 ("I never knew you") and in Luke 13:27 ("I tell you I know you not") when approached by those trying to enter the kingdom. These are responses that are reserved for strangers and not for people whom you are familiar with. The saddest thing is that if you will study their responses, these people were surprised by his response. They had believed in their hearts and minds that they knew Messias and that they were living godly lives (Matt 7:22 and Luke 13:26).

So the question is, "How is or how does one become a stranger to the Living God and his Messias. Well that's simple. By looking at the definition for heathen you can find the answer. You see you can become a heathen/stranger to the Lord by your religion, customs, and actions.You can become a heathen/stranger by not acknowledging the God of the Bible. In your eyes you may think that you are living holy, but your eyes are not the ones that count. You can read the Bible, you can believe in and confess Messias as savior, you can utter prophecies, and you can even lay hands on the sick and they recover, but in the end you will still be considered a heathen. This is because you may have a form of godliness that is not of God, but you have deceived yourself into believing that it is.

All Believers need to take a closer look at themselves. They all need to take a closer look at their form of religion, customs and actions. Gods' people are supposed to be a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous lightSmile. Look around and ask yourselves; Are Christians still peculiar people? We wish that we could say with boldness "certainly", but they are not.

There is no marked difference today between a "Christian" and an unbeliever. Look at the environment around you. One statistic states that the rate of divorce is higher in the "Christian" community than in the secular community. There are more "Christians" receiving tattoos and body piercings than non-Christians. Is the body no longer a temple of the Living God? Adultry and homosexuality are running rampant in the "Christian" church. There are now homosexual ministers; choir directors, and youth ministers, with no intent of changing. There are now "Christians" who are shacking up together, engaging in premarital sex, and extramarital affairs in record numbers. There are women who prance into their places of worship immodestly dressed with bodies exposed. There are ministers, who devote the majority of their sermons to prosperity and money, instead of repentance and holiness. These ministers must have forgotten about (1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself).

The saddest part of this all is that when Believers are confronted or warned about their strange lifestyle they are always ready with their "we are not under the law" and "who are you to judge" scriptures to try and justify their actions.You see all of these things and more have made many Believers strange and unfamiliar to the Lord God. They may not think so, after all this is the way they were raised. .

Whenever you all awaken from your slumber and realise the error of your ways; you will then be able to get a better understanding of the prophetic nature of (Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.) and (Luke 13:25-27 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity.). You all will realise which group of people Messias is referring to.

All of those people in Matt 7:21-23 and Luke 13:25-27 are sitting today in your places of worship. They are all sitting there believing in their own righteousness. They are all oblivious to the strangeness of their ways. The most chilling thought is that in their own minds these individuals are convinced of their salvation. We can guarantee you that all of these individuals do not expect Messias' rejection. They are confident that they have done all that is needed to enter into the Kingdom. If we could just meet these people we would advise them as the word of God advises them in 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

We would love to spin the word like their leaders, and paint a rosy future for that nation, but we can't. We would love to brag to you all about your goodness, but we can't. We can tell you to examine yourself. Do not be deceived, for you are not as righteous as you think. Neither are you as holy as you think. Many of you have become heathens. Many of you have become estranged from the Living God. Therefore, be aware and repent, for the day draws near.

"Do not count your eyes; For what may look right to one's eyes, may not look right to the eyes of the One who counts."

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Romans 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 516 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:42 am
Once again I will wait....hoping you get to a point...if you have one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:11 pm
Hey Frank! Good to see you.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:39 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Good Day
If you don't get the point then it wasn't meant for you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:14 pm
Hey Kris....good to see you too.

Interesting poster, here....wouldn't you say?

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:16 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Good Day

There was no point to get....

...but if you do get around to making one, I'll consider it.

By the way....you really ought to try saying what you mean rather than vomiting all that bullshyt you include in all your posts. You may actually have something worthwhile to recommend.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:58 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Good Day

By the way....you really ought to try saying what you mean rather than vomiting all that bullshyt you include in all your posts. You may actually have something worthwhile to recommend.
Hidden deep under that refuse heap of words is a kernel of truth. Frank. Have faith.

'Course, I have no idea what it might be.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:36 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Good Day

Hidden deep under that refuse heap of words is a kernel of truth. Frank. Have faith.

'Course, I have no idea what it might be.

Hi, Neo. Love your comment! But I think it is more likely to be a kernel of corn hidden in there. Twisted Evil
0 Replies