Deterioration

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:43 am
Deterioration

Have I falling away? How does one fall away from the word of God? In these last days, these are two very important questions which all Believers should constantly ask themselves.
One thing that Believers must begin to understand is that the Falls is not always sudden. One does not instantly fall. From the onset to its completion, the Falls is a gradual occurrence which involves time. And since it is gradual, the Falls is quite deceptive and almost invisible to the untrained mind. The physical materialization of the Falls may seem sudden, but the process of the Falls is in motion long beforehand.

In the parable of the 2 foundations, Jesus gives a great illustration of this rather frequent occurrence . (Matt 7:24-27) . (Matthew 7:26-27 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27   And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.)

Before we continue, let us recall some very important details. As we have learned in Parables, Jesus' parables were used to illustrate a particular moral attitude, mindset or religious principle. Contrary to some popular teachings, these parables are not bound or limited by time. They were not given specifically to a historical Israel. Let us now examine the moral attitudes or mindset. and the religious principles that are found in this parable; specifically the individual whose house fell.

The first thing that we must become aware of is, that the parable of the 2 foundations deals with the end times. Not only does it deal with the state of the end times but it refers to the end of all the different states of life. It can be applied to the end of a life, the end of a business, the end of a marriage, the end of a career, etc…

Now the second thing that we should notice is the processes which caused the fall of the house. Notice that Jesus mentions all of the events that lead to fall in plural form (rain, floods, winds,). This automatically tells us that these events were more than one time occurrences. More than likely, all of these events occurred over a period of many years. It is very important that we understand where the fall of the house began. It did not begin with the initial rain, floods, and winds.

Contrary to what many may believe, the fall of the house did not begin with the initial agitations and disturbances. This is also true in life. A fall of any kind does not begin with the initial agitations and disturbances. So the first rain, floods, or winds did not begin the fall of the house. The fall of the house begins at the very beginning of construction. For those who are not yet aware, construction does not begin in the physical realm. Construction begins in the mind. The fall of the house began in the mind of the foolish man who constructed it. The very instant that this individual made the decision to build his house on the sand, was the very moment that the house began to fall. This is why Jesus classified this fellow as foolish. He had a foolish mindset. Let us define foolish.

Foolish: Function: (adj) 1 : lacking in sense, judgment, or discretion 2 a : ABSURD, RIDICULOUS b : marked by a loss of composure : NONPLUSSED, ABASHED

2. Insanity: (n) 1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia) 2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility 3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

By studying the definitions we can see that a foolish individual lacks sense, judgement, and discretion. This tells us that the man who built his house on the sand was lacking in sense and discretion and therefore was unable to make sound judgements. In other words he was insane.

In this parable Jesus shows us the kind of mindset that is one of the leading causative agents of the Falls. The Falls is not caused by environmental agitations and disturbances. It is caused by weak and foolish minds who are unable to make sound judgements. These weak and foolish minds will then move to build houses on weak and foolish foundations. And since they are weak, these foundations are unable to withstand the coming and recurring agitations and disturbances of the world .

You see, in this life, the most telling trait of a fool is that he or she does not know that they are a fool. Fools are totally oblivious about their foolishness. Fools tend to see things in reverse. They tend to see themselves as rising even though they are falling. They generally see themselves as wise and everybody else as fools. We can almost guarantee you that the foolish man who built his house on the sand was laughing at the wise man who built his house on the rock. He thought that the guy who built his house on the rock was the fool. He was probably saying to himself, "Look at that fool, he is giving up this beautiful beachfront location to build on those hideous rocks". He did not understand that a wise man's decisions are not dictated by the superficial aspects of life.

We have noticed that in today's world, many Believers have adopted the dangerous attitude and mindset of that foolish man. They are lacking in sense and discretion and therefore are unable to make sound judgements. They have become foolish and therefore insane. No one can convince them otherwise. They have built there houses on false doctrines of sand. These doctrines have no stable foundation or basis, but yet many Believers are clinging to them. They love that beachfront view. After all, its about Location! Location! Location! No one can convince them to repent and relocate. They have been infected by the Falls and now it is just a matter of time. Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Corinthians 13:5   Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Proverbs 14:12   There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

2 Thessalonians 2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,871 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:55 am
Do Mindonfire's posts count as spam? Am I allowed to report him for spamming up the forums?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:53 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Do Mindonfire's posts count as spam? Am I allowed to report him for spamming up the forums?
You mean termination? elimination?

Actually, I think Mindy does have something to say. Right now its buried under an avalanche of words.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:07 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Good Day

Don't be upset because you have an empty mind which is unable to produce anything useful and fruitful.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 11:40 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Good Day

Don't be upset because you have an empty mind which is unable to produce anything useful and fruitful.

If by 'useful nd fruitful' you mean meaningless and boring, you certainly live up to your own standards.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:40 am
Mindonfire wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Good Day

Says the person who's posts would best be suited to a paragraph or so. Every person who comes to this thread doesn't understand a word you say, can't understand your point because of your poor communication skills.

And then you accuse them of not understanding you and being stupid.

The problem is at your end, sir. Deny it all you want. Bury your head into the sand why don't you? The matter still stands. Your message isn't getting through to the masses because of your poor communication skills.

For example. "Have I falling away?" What is that supposed to mean? That's not proper English.

Take this paragraph for example:

Quote:
One thing that Believers must begin to understand is that the Falls is not always sudden. One does not instantly fall. From the onset to its completion, the Falls is a gradual occurrence which involves time. And since it is gradual, the Falls is quite deceptive and almost invisible to the untrained mind. The physical materialization of the Falls may seem sudden, but the process of the Falls is in motion long beforehand.

This paragraph doesn't need to be here. Try my version.

Quote:
Believers must understand that falling is not always sudden. One does not instantly fall and it may occur over a gradual amount of time.

Two sentences. Do you see that? Your entire paragraph could have shortened to two sentences.

Why do you insist on burying your message in words?

As far as I can remember, even Jesus' sermons were shorter and more understandable than yours.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:53 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Good Day

Says the person who's posts would best be suited to a paragraph or so. Every person who comes to this thread doesn't understand a word you say, can't understand your point because of your poor communication skills.

And then you accuse them of not understanding you and being stupid.

The problem is at your end, sir. Deny it all you want. Bury your head into the sand why don't you? The matter still stands. Your message isn't getting through to the masses because of your poor communication skills.

For example. "Have I falling away?" What is that supposed to mean? That's not proper English.

Take this paragraph for example:

Quote:

This paragraph doesn't need to be here. Try my version.

Quote:
Believers must understand that falling is not always sudden. One does not instantly fall and it may occur over a gradual amount of time.

Two sentences. Do you see that? Your entire paragraph could have shortened to two sentences.

Why do you insist on burying your message in words?

As far as I can remember, even Jesus' sermons were shorter and more understandable than yours.

Good Day
Thank you for the education. Now, my message is not for the masses to understand. It is not tailored for the masses. If you have studied the Scripturers, you will see that Jesus' messsgage was not understood by the masses. This is because they were not made for the masses. Those that need to understand will understand. Those that think themselves to be so intelligent will not.

Peace
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:18 am
Question #1: Who here apart from Mindonfire, understands what Mindonfire is getting at?

Question #2: Does anybody remember me asking question 1 before, because I'm suddenly getting a huge case of deja vu?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:01 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Question #1: Who here apart from Mindonfire, understands what Mindonfire is getting at?

Question #2: Does anybody remember me asking question 1 before, because I'm suddenly getting a huge case of deja vu?

Don't get frustrated at your lack of comprehension. Everything is not meant for you to understand.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:05 am
<scritches wolf behind the ears>

Perhaps someone forgot to fill his scrips.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:44 am
It is in the blink of my nostril that I truly comprehend the infinity of the pearly message hidden within the wordly post conveyed here by the complex synaptic firing which constitutes the brilliant translucency which is the essence of MindonFire.

I laud thee, good sir! Much as the priests of yore once believed, when they talked with latin to the illiterate massess, The scripts are not for the mere mortars to understand. It truly takes a magnificent brain to make sense out of Bible.

And so I pray for you, good sir, to continue your valliant quest to inform the incorrigable massass of the relevance of the Script with posts only those with true understanding can com per e hand. Fight the good fight!

Naj
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 02:24 pm
Erm... judging from the fact that he has moved on to make another post, I don't think he either saw yours or understood it.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:00 pm
Such a shame. Really Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:35 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Erm... judging from the fact that he has moved on to make another post, I don't think he either saw yours or understood it.

Good Day

Don't worry, it was seen and appreciated.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:36 pm
najmelliw wrote:
It is in the blink of my nostril that I truly comprehend the infinity of the pearly message hidden within the wordly post conveyed here by the complex synaptic firing which constitutes the brilliant translucency which is the essence of MindonFire.

I laud thee, good sir! Much as the priests of yore once believed, when they talked with latin to the illiterate massess, The scripts are not for the mere mortars to understand. It truly takes a magnificent brain to make sense out of Bible.

And so I pray for you, good sir, to continue your valliant quest to inform the incorrigable massass of the relevance of the Script with posts only those with true understanding can com per e hand. Fight the good fight!

Naj

Good Day
Thank you kind sir for those magnificent words of encouragement
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:20 pm
Maybe if sarcasm ended with -tion he would get it Razz
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:29 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:54 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Good Day
Thank you for the education. Now, my message is not for the masses to understand. It is not tailored for the masses. If you have studied the Scripturers, you will see that Jesus' messsgage was not understood by the masses. This is because they were not made for the masses. Those that need to understand will understand. Those that think themselves to be so intelligent will not.

Peace
Good grief, Mindy.

Have you not read this?
"At that time Jesus said in response: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."" (Matthew 11:25) Seems to contradict your arrogant and pompous pleonasms, does it not?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:31 pm
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Good Day

Peace
Good grief, Mindy.

Have you not read this?
"At that time Jesus said in response: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."" (Matthew 11:25) Seems to contradict your arrogant and pompous pleonasms, does it not?

Good Day

If you would have continued your studies you would have discovered the following

Mark 4:10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all [these] things are done in parables:

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Matthew 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 13:16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

The text that you have quoted is taken out of context. Jesus' message was not to for everyone to understand. The message is for everybody but it is not for everybody to understand.

Peace
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:37 pm
Ahhh, well, that is just it. A lot of us continued our studies at length.

Hmmm, you are pretty cocky re your understanding of the universe. You might want to grab on to a cushion as that all falls apart at some point. That cushion should be your sense of yourself. I know you will skoff at that remark, but remember it when you need it.
0 Replies