answer this

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:48 pm
u wer captured and locked into a cell wth 2 doors, one of them is a door to freedom the other is a door to slavery. (u dont knw whch is the door to freedom or slavery) each door is guarded wth a guy, one of them is a liar the other is an honest on. (still u dont knw which is the liar and honest one & and u dont knw which one of them is guarding which doors!)

here is the problem u are allowed to ask only one question to only one of the guards. wat question would that be??? soo ul knw which is which...
wat question wud u ask!!!

( mail me @ [email protected] for any clarifications!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 04:50 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41407
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:36 pm
For those who didn't bother to go to the link above, the answer is to ask a gaurd...

"If I asked the other guard which door would lead me to safety, what would he say?"

If you asked the liar, he would say the false one because the honest one would tell the truth
If you asked the honest one, he would say the false one because that is what the liar would say.
So you would go to the oppisite door.
Very Happy
0 Replies

fla

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 09:36 am
wrong assumption!

you cannot be sure whether the liar will tell the truth or lie, he can actually deceive you by telling the truth! :wink:
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 10:34 pm
doors should be 3
Question If i was detained then absolutely i should have entered into one of the doors... unless there are windows? manholes or whatever????
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 03:51 pm
Yes, fla, the liar could tell the truth, but then, he would be an honest person and not a liar, so there would be 2 honest people instead of 1.
We should probably assume that the liar always lies, so the answer would be correct.

If you come up with a better answer, please tell,thanks
0 Replies