an expert riddle

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:15 pm
Four people with last names as Conner, Morghan, Smith and Wills have their first names as Tom, Jack, Al
and Bell, NOT RESPECTIVELY. They play a game in which the winner collects some money from all others.
They played the game four times. In the first game, the winner will collect Rs. 10 from all others, in second game,
the winner will collect Rs. 20 from all others, in the third, the winner will collect Rs. 30 from all others and in the
fourth game, the winner will collect Rs. 40 from all others.
Jack takes the first game, morghan the second, smith the third and Al the fourth. Tom had the maximum cash in the beginning, and Wills had the maximum at the end.
Match their first names and surnames. Give their full names.
give complete logic
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 2
No top replies

markr

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:58 am
Jack Conner (lost 60)
Tom or Bell Morghan (lost 20)
Bell or Tom Smith (won 20)
Al Wills (won 60)

I don't think there is enough information to determine the middle two.
0 Replies

YoungBull

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 05:18 am
Tom Morghan - There was no surname provide for Jack so although he had the most money after the first round, you can't link him with a surname but Morghan won the second game and that's still relatively early (beginning) into the game so we can match that surname up with Tom who had the most in the Second round.

Al Wills - Wills has the maximum at the end and Al won the last round giving him the most money which matches the two names together.

Bell Smith - Jack won the first game so assuming the four winners are different people that leaves the name Smith open to go with Bell.

Jack Conner - This is only the combination left.

Note: This is assuming that each man started with 100 and that each winner was a different person.

I'm probably completely wrong with this but I'm just typing what I saw at first glance.
0 Replies