Trapped In a Box

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 02:02 pm
Here is the riddle:

You are trapped in a box and you are only left with a sock, a pinapple and scissors. Using ALL of your resources, how will you get out?

Note: you have to use all of them!

--
Edit [Moderator]: Website removed

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
ORLY?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 887 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 02:20 pm
Are you naked?

If you're naked, you might not want to hold the pinapple too close to your body, unless it's a really small pinapple, or a really big sock where you could put the pineapple inside it.

What is the box made of? If it's cardboard, you could soak it in pinapple juice you first soaked into the sock, by stabbing the pineapple with the scissors. you could then kick your way through the soaked cardboard.
0 Replies

acidburnz

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:06 pm
As a matter of fact, I'm not sure as to what the answer is, I need help. But I came up with the same answer as you did (the second one):

"What is the box made of? If it's cardboard, you could soak it in pinapple juice you first soaked into the sock, by stabbing the pineapple with the scissors. you could then kick your way through the soaked cardboard."

But I think the answer involves something more... some latteral thinking is involved.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:12 pm
Heck, if the box is wood, you could wrap the sock around your hand to cushion your palm, grip the scissors in your fist with the points out, and punch the box until it broke open.
And eat the pineapple, I guess.
It would take a while, but it might work.
Although, I'm betting the answer actually involves the pineapple.
0 Replies

acidburnz

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:38 pm
I found a similarly styled question on a website (which i guess i can't list here)

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car.

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble
coming up with his answer.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams."

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe my riddle's answer is something similar...

btw- thanks for the responses already, but I don't think they are it... keep at it; as will I.
0 Replies

ryu-son

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 08:11 pm
err..
Put the sock on your head.
Cut the Pineapple in two (or how ever many.)
Put two (or however many,) together to make a Whole/Hole.
Put the hole on the wall and crawl through Laughing

Or if theirs a padgent or somthin going on outside the box and you REALLY don't wanna look retarded you could just eat the sock. Cool

Or if your one of those *flinch* logical Shocked Thinkers... You could eat the pineapple and cut the sock..
But I like my version better Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

graemedaulby

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:51 pm
use the scissors to cut the sock in half, but the two halves together to make a whole/hole. Then use the green things to give yourself a cool new hairdo, so they people who chucked you in don't recognize you and do it again.
0 Replies