Georgia looking for new consumer markets for their ...

Simpler

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:12 am
Georgia looking for new consumer markets for their "fecal matter"

Russian health officials announced they had detected high concentration of pesticides and heavy metals in wines from Georgia and banned wine imports from this country, while Russia was the core consumer of Georgian wines. In this respect Georgian authorities decided to look for marketing outlets in eastern and western Europe and even in the US! With this end in view, Georgian defense minister Irakli Okruashvili suggested inviting JENNIFER LOPEZ on Independence Day to advertise their wine for as much as $500,000 in hope this will help them make their wine more recognizable in the West. But eventually she refused. Of course, who on earth would want to drink their wish-wash? I don't think there will be anyone willing to drink their "fecal matter" (this is how Okruashvili himself called Georgian wine). Personally, I like drinking wine, but I don't think I will ever try Georgian wine because I care for my stomach.

There is another matter besides low quality of wine. They offered a lump sum of $500,000! I will quote Georgian Labor Party member Soso Shadberashvili: "Laborites are outraged by the fact that against a background of great poverty in the country, officials are ready to spend huge sums from the state budget on colorful shows featuring foreign stars!" I can't but agree with this guy. Besides, Georgian state budget is mainly drawn up from foreign investments (specifically, from the US, which means that over again American taxpayers paid taxes to allow Georgian jerk-offs invite Lopez on their fiesta). They should better use this money for normal developments in industry and agriculture, or at least improve quality of their wine so that it was a competitive product. But anyway, after Okruashvili said they were selling "fecal matters"... yuk!... I'm not going to drink their wine, anyway.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 186 • Replies: 0
No top replies