Fast Times at Regnef High: a teacher sounds off......

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 01:50 am
A little late with this. Last week a Chicago teacher posted a blog with the name of his school - Fenger - spelled backwards, in which he blasted the school admin, the students, school security; just about everyone except for the cops.

He likes the cops.

The teacher has not been back to school due to threats from students. Many in the school community say that the teacher is racist, as his remarks indicate a lack of respect......

Here is his blog:

Friday, April 21, 2006
Crying Wolf

Aptly titled, it's what we do best here at Regnef.In a literal sense, this could be verified via the 5 false fire alarms this week alone. 2 on Friday March 31, 2 on Thursday March 30, and 1 earlier in the week. Nothing like 30 minute breaks in the courtyard to negate the rare actual 5 day work week! (well, almost a full week - Friday was a 1/2 day). You see at Regnef, every Monday is a holiday/day off - whether Pulaski Day, Martin L. King Day, President's Day, Lincoln's birthday, Columbus Day...the list goes on and on. Ironically, I doubt that any of those we "honor" if given the option, would elect to close schools. These men were big on education. They would be the type to say "have school on Saturday to honor me". But nope - at Regnef we close the doors, and the students don't know a lick about MLK or Lincoln, DEFINITELY not a thing about Pulaski, and can't name all the presidents, let alone honor them. Naturally, this just MIGHT be the reason that students don't ever beleive they're actually in school. With so many 3 day weekends, 4 days of school doesn't seem like much to put forth effort toward. This is, of course, not counting the fact that Regnef has record low attendance on Fridays and Mondays due to "student imposed" holidays; that is, they just don't feel like coming to school.Let me get back on track: crying wolf; the 5 false fire alarms in 1 week. Note, there were several in the previous 2 weeks as well. I'd guesstimate about a dozen or so this year alone. Not sure how much that costs the school in terms of fines, but one thing it definitely earns is the scorn of firefighters. Can you blame them?I mentioned the gathering in the courtyard during alarms. This is apparantly a new security procedure - since there have been several violent incidents this week in which they evacuated via standard routes and the usual street mob gathering ended up in an ambulance being called. As yes, I love the courtyard. I somehow doubt that evacuating 1,200 students from the building via only 3 exits to the courtyard would be the most timely way to save lives if there were a real fire, but it's the new standard. Highlights today included students smoking weed while leaning against the assistant principal's vehicle and local neighborhood gangbangers jumping the fence to get into the courtyard.Additionally, a new "trouble shooter" has been called upon to assist Regnef. The gentleman won't really say what his position is, and has no title. When asked, he said "I do whatever the principal needs". He usually walks the halls with a walkie-talkie, but you have to wonder if it's a front and he's really reporting back about the teachers. All good surveillance needs better counter surveillance. Then again, maybe he really is here to help. Time will tell. A formal introduction to the staff might be a more professional angle to take, instead of just showing up and walking the halls.More smoke and mirrors: Regnef has a new group of tough-talking security guards in suits that mostly intimidate and bluff the students with empty threats. Nothing like calling in the cavalry in the 26th week of school to make sure the place runs as it should.How about those security cameras? They rock. The amount of fellatio performed and drugs sold in the stairwells continues to grow, since there are no cameras there and security sure won't walk the stairs. Walking/rotating patrols are not a standard security procedure here at Regnef. Instead, our guards like to sit on desks or chairs and chat on their cell phones. Their behavioral patterns are predictable and known by students; when they take lunch, when they sleep, and which guards will let you do whatever you want. Additionally, because they do not rotate, guards become friendly with students. The students give false respect in return for the favor of walking the halls, selling snacks and cd's, and treating teachers in whatever fashion they deem appropriate. (usually the same way an interrogator may treat a hostage at Gitmo or Abu-Ghraib). The guards are neighborhood locals who may be friends of the students' families, church members, or dating a relative. The loyalty is to the hood, not the school. The administration at Regnef need to understand and change this.Then again, "you get what you pay for". That was the explanation offered up by Regnef's principal in response to some teacher's laptop being stolen from a locked classroom. This guy's was the 6th of the year -all from locked classrooms. That students were recorded on camera either picking a lock or using a key for entry (believe me, they're not skilled enough to pick a lock because that skill acquisition actually requires discipline, patience, and practice). This means they have keys. Wonder who they get those from? Could it be the teachers who regularly have the students selling candy bought at wholesale for "fundraisers"? True, a rare few fundraisers are legitimate efforts at raising money for teams that are denied the basic finances to buy needed equipment. The shame is that teachers have no real knowledge as how to fundraise or win grants properly. Most times, however, there is simply an arrangement that the student will share 1/2 the profit with the supplier (teache r with a Costco card). There are teachers in schools with an army of student "salespeople" working for them who make literally thousands of dollars yearly on these ventures. How embarassing.Back to theft at Regnef: kids with keys, security and administration with no accountability. Apparantly it was a teacher's fault last week when a borrowed LCD projector was stolen from a locked classroom. This teacher was informed of his tremendous faults, while volunteering at the school on a Sat. morning, by the principal. (This poor sap is one of those who had a laptop stolen and was told that the solution was to claim it on homeowner's insurance because the school wasn't responsible). Granted, it was passed from colleage to colleague (the library where it was checked out and to be returned to is notoriously closed or unattended) and that ain't right. But later, the LCD was mysteriously "returned". Turns out that one of the coaches, who in some abstract way feigns security guard status, errand runner for the "discipline office" (or just hangs out in there) had "borrowed" the projector from a locked classroom to watch game film with it. The reamed-out teacher is still waiting for that admission or a quasi-apology of sorts from the principal, but it won't come. And what exactly does that coach do at Regnef anyway? (besides re-locate expensive equipment without telling anyone.) No one really knows. In fact, does anyone know if any of the disciplinarians or security "experts" indeed HAVE any expertise or training? The head of discipline was a band teacher for over 20 years, until this year when appointed to head of the discipline office. That expertise must have been gained overnight or in some super-seminar. Perhaps this very well-paid official can teach Regnef's criminals how to play the trumpet, because consequences sure aren't being taught.On the security note: When the A.P. was asked today "why can't cell phones, hats, hoodies, and music players be confiscated on the way in the door when bags are scanned and students go through the metal detectors, for later retreival by parents?", the answer was: "we're doing what we can to get to June 16, those are things that maybe we'll consider for next year." Nevermind that this is a policy that can be implemented in a matter of days. Nevermind that it would likely greatly reduce these problems:- students texting or calling one another to schedule fights, fellatio, drug deals, or notifying one another as to the location of security personnel so they can be avoided.- students calling outsiders during false alarms who deliver weapons to the school - like the gun earlier this week.- students ignoring staff because they are listening to their music players- the sale of illegally copied cd's by students (and staff)- students calling their friends and baby-daddies during class.These are things staff must deal with in the halls of Regnef everyday. But instead, the administrative priority is to station staff in front of fire alarm boxes so they can't be pulled. Don't mind the fights occuring in the now-unattended classrooms, the textbooks, chalk, erasers, and people being thrown out of windows, the vandalism, or the theft of teacher items. A band-aid is better than a cure; that's the attidude at Regnef.I wonder if secretly there is no confidence that security can handle a task as simple as contraband confiscation? Or a fear that security may in fact steal the items? Or are they so worried that this may generate media attention from inconvenienced parents who have to retreive their little darling's electronics and gang-banging hoodie and hat of choice, or may attempt to hold the school liable via bogus lawsuit threats for lost or stolen items? The fact is, Regnef has no idea as to its legal procedural rights. Confiscation of contraband is one of them.And why institute a standard blue/white dress code? I mean, it's so much more fun to decipher which gang is being represented by appropriately chosen colors, teams, symbols, etc. Amazing - 83% of the school gets government paid free or reduced (about 40 cents) breakfast/lunch, but 83% of the students at Regnef can also somehow afford $100 NBA jerseys, several pairs of gym shoes, and some really hideous fake-fur pimp-coats that look to be constructed of road kill. And there's nothing more appealing than the young ladies who wear their full pregnant bellies with pride, tiny half t-shirts proudly displaying that sexy newly attained protrusive belly button and mammaries, and the new "ink of the week". Lots of student names being tattooed on backs, necks, arms, and wrists. In case they forget who they are. And "**** the Ville!" "Dirty 130's run this bitch!" "GDN!" (Gangster Disciples Nation, for those less in-tuned to the local gang acronyms) At least, that's what the airbrus hed t-shirts that are allowed in Regnef say! That is, the ones that don't have pictures of handguns or serve as cotton tombstones letting us all know that "Lil' Wayne, gone but never forgotten, RIP 1993- 2000". Dress code? Bah! Regnef loves it this way!The saga continues: 2 teachers cars with tires flattened this week. 3 weeks ago, a young guy had his car window bricked (for the second time) and his door smashed. Course, his hubcaps were stolen months ago. Am I repeating myself?And the violence! Who doesn't love a good stand-off between a teacher and a 19 year old 260 lb. special ed student (who Regnef supposedly "can't" kick out because of the SPED designation)? There's nothing like a man-child balling his fists and screaming "I'ma beat your motherfucking white bitch ass, ************, I'll kill you, I will shot your ******* ass you ******* white bitch" when a teacher asks him to evacuate the building during a fire alarm. Naturally, if that teacher were to defend himself verbally or physically, the kid's mom will be at the school, the teacher will be investigated, and that's that. There is the mistakenly held notion that "self-defense" means one must wait until the other "throws the first punch" in order to take action. This is incorrect. An individual has the legal right to defend him/herself in a hostile situation when an aggressor places the subject in a position in which immediate safety is compromised. To all the Johnny Cochran wanna-be p arents and students out there: think again. You'll be a laughed out of court. And to the administrators that think a teacher can "never" put hands on a student, you too should reconsider that the lawsuit faced because you have verbalized instructions that result in teacher injury ("reactive" self defense instead of "proactive" self-defense) will be much greater than the pathetic attempt at prosecution of a properly responding staff member. The State doesn't even want to pursue a case in which, on camera, a student moves agressively toward a teacher and creates a hostile confrontation. If you tell a teacher to not act until acted upon, that teacher may be stabbed or seriously hurt before they feel they have a right to defend themselves. Now THAT's lawsuit potential! It's techinically called "failing to provide a safe working environment", and it will be taken seriously by the courts - especially given Regnef's reputation.And what better to couple with violence than a serious drug problem? The student caught last month possessing enough marijuana to distribute to the whole junior class (about 10 oz) was suspended for 10 days. Not arrested. Not prosecuted. Why not? Because the school police officers were at the police station processing a previous in-school arrest (I'm convinced they are among the hardest workers at Regnef - likely because school politic consequences mean nothing to them; they are the police, and they do their job) and the security staff failed to search the dealer properly.Finally, after an unannouced 3-week vacation, the Tech Coordinator at Regnef has been reprimanded by being removed from this position and appointed instead to a different, higher paying position - one that has no cumbersome responsibilities like computer or network maintenance. So Regnef has no tech person now. When a pc or printer breaks - too bad! When grades have to be entered and the program must be activated by the tech coordinator - sorry!: Cancun calls!We shall see how many fire alarms are pulled next week...VIVA REGNEF! The true House of Illusions!

LINK: http://regnef.blogspot.com/2006/04/crying-wolf.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,912 • Replies: 11
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:07 am
That teacher needs to go back to college and polish up his or her spelling and also learn about paragraphs.

"Techinically" I "beleive" that the teacher "apparantly" needs to buy a good dictionary. How does he or she know about the fellatio? (He/she mentions this twice). Sounds a bit racist - gangbangers, baby-daddies, gang-banging hoodies, "white bitch ass".

Also, it sounds like that teacher is suffering from burnout.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:46 am
Some people are not cut out to be teachers.

Now back to contrex...The spelling eras could be do too rapid typing and a failure two reed threw the post be fore submitting it. I sense the person in question was in a snit at the time and just wanted to unload his frustrations.

Sadly, even I do not know the names of all the Presidents...or do I? If asked in which order they served, I'd be somewhat at a loss as well. And who is this Pulaski gent of whom he speaks?

As to the oral sex matters, as a former teacher (occasional educator) I can assure you that it is something which is run into at times. It is not a matter of being something I gave a great deal of thought to, other than telling the students to pull their trousers back up and get to their assigned class. Teenagers being what and who they are, will have an interest in exploring sex (I can still vaguely recall being that young). In 20+ years I ran into various sexual encounters perhaps a dozen times...and I am in a relatively small town with a small school. Multiply the incidents I saw by the percentage of student body increase found in a large inner city school.

The fact that this blog posting is now public record just serves to remind all of us that the internet is a public space and it would be best to choose the words written carefully since it can lead to headaches later on down the line.

Not knowing how long this man has been teaching, it is hard for me to say that he is suffering from burnout. If this is his initiation year then he may eventually start to adjust to the basics of big city teaching. If not, then he had better get out now since he seems more interested in pointing at all the problems (as he sees them) rather than offering up any solutions which could be incorporated.

I could go on and on about this; but, what I see first and foremost is a person who just has no true inner desire to teach.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 10:33 am
I went to a school like this for a year and the rules were enforced. Metal detectors at the entrance, hats and pagers confiscated (no cell phones yet, this was 18 years ago) and charges pressed for weapons and drugs.

All this and it was still a dangerous place. I was threatened almost daily for the mere fact that I was white (one of about twenty in the school) I had classes where the teacher was threatened so often that he wouldn't even teach. We would put our desks together and play cards for the forty minute class. He based our grade on attendance and nobody failed. I can't imagine how bad this school must be without the rules being enforced. I sympathize with this teacher who seems like he just wants to teach in an enviroment that has some modicum of control.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 12:33 pm
contrex wrote:
That teacher needs to go back to college and polish up his or her spelling and also learn about paragraphs.

"Techinically" I "beleive" that the teacher "apparantly" needs to buy a good dictionary. How does he or she know about the fellatio? (He/she mentions this twice). Sounds a bit racist - gangbangers, baby-daddies, gang-banging hoodies, "white bitch ass".

Congratulations. You've written a post that is both ridiculous and annoying. First of all you pick on a couple spelling errors in the guy's blog/rant. As if a couple typos totally discredits him as a teacher. Laughable.

Then, you start making **** up in your head about him being a racist. Where do you get that? Gangbanger isn't a racist term. In fact, none of those terms, in the context of what he was saying, is racist at all. And I wonder what you could possibly be insinuating by asking how he knows about the fellacio.

Come on, get your head out of that dark stinky place where it seems you've somehow gotten it lodged and think!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 12:46 pm
bm, y'all.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 01:51 pm
Sturgis

Pulaski was roughly the Polish equlivant to the more well known Frenchman Lafayette, he was an experienced soldier/officer, that fought for the Americans during the revolution. He is usually credited for organising the first American calvary unit, and was killed while fighting in the southern campagin.

In many of the heavily Polish populated areas, you will find a Pulaski County as well as schools, librarys, parks, etc...named after him. Western Ky, {across the river from me} has several "Pulaski" named places. Mo, Ill, and Ark also have a Pulaski County, but I'm not sure if the namesake is the same.

As far as I can recall, I never read/learned about Pulaski in school.

------------

I also went to a similar school, honestly though, nowhere near as bad as the teacher described...but I understand the teachers sentiments.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 01:55 pm
kickycan wrote:
Congratulations. You've written a post that is both ridiculous and annoying.

No, you have.

kickycan wrote:
First of all you pick on a couple spelling errors in the guy's blog/rant. As if a couple typos totally discredits him as a teacher. Laughable.

No. Reasonable.

kickycan wrote:
Then, you start making **** up in your head about him being a racist. Where do you get that? Gangbanger isn't a racist term. In fact, none of those terms, in the context of what he was saying, is racist at all.

Well, I live in a mixed race neighborhood, and I know exactly what a "gangbanger" is, and also exactly what a "babyfather" is. These are terms that black people use about other despised, loser type black people . I am mixed race myself. I hear them every day.

kickycan wrote:
And I wonder what you could possibly be insinuating by asking how he knows about the fellacio.

I wasn't insinuating anything about how he knew it, rather why he kept banging on about it.

kickycan wrote:
Come on, get your head out of that dark stinky place where it seems you've somehow gotten it lodged and think!

Come on, get your head out from up your ***, stop being Mr Forum Police, and go get your shoe shine box!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:26 pm
contrex wrote:

Well, I live in a mixed race neighborhood, and I know exactly what a "gangbanger" is, and also exactly what a "babyfather" is. These are terms that black people use about other despised, loser type black people . I am mixed race myself. I hear them every day.

I don't know where you live but in Chicago there are gangbangers of all races, and babydaddies are kids that happen to be dads not a race thing at all. Not one term he used was race exclusive other than quoting what someone said to him.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 01:51 pm
What could this person learn at college to defend himself against such students, or the system that creates such students?

Teaching at any level is taxing.

Tell me you would survive a week there, or wouldn't be burned out, and I'll laugh.

Whether this teacher is racist or not, I can't say. But these complaints are not exactly petty. They're quite legitimate it seems.

contrex wrote:

0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:51 pm
Here is the first entry into his blog, the one where he introduces himself.......

I am Regnef High School

I am Regnef High SchoolI realize it may be awkward for some to fathom a high school having its own blog. But since everyone seems to be doing it these days, why can't an inanimate brick and mortar structure get in on the action? Lord knows there are blogs out there written by those with less life than me. And trust me, I'm a living, breathing entity, though it may not appear so. If McHammer can do it, so can I - without the purple satin pajama pants.A little about me:I am a large inner city public school located in a major metropolitan area. I am funded (if that's what you want to call it) by federal, state, and city tax dollars.83 % of my 1100 + students live at or below the national low income (poverty) rate: this means that they receive free or reduced price lunch and other services. It also means that any taxable salary made in their households is so low, that essentially they pay no taxes - nothing toward my maintenance. That's for the other working stiffs to take care of. Funny though, how the kids badmouth me and say I'm dirty, destroy or steal everything in me, set me on fire, and complain about the shape I'm in. I bet the taxpayers would LOVE to see all the books they paid for that are thrown out my windows each day.23% of my students dropped out last year.And I have a only a 60% graduation rate.Over 300 of my students are classified as special-ed and receive services.I haven't met, let alone exceeded, state standards for adequate yearly progress in years. How many? Let's just say a long time. The State says I'm on "Academic Watch", the Feds say I'm undergoing "Corrective Action". And the No Child Left Behind Act says that I've been identified for "School Improvement." But hey, we can all use improvement, right?All of my students at some time take the Prairie State Achievement Exam (PSAE). The score range for this test is 120 at the lowest and 200 at the highest. My students score 15 - 20 points lower than the state average for reading, math, and science. When these are computated in a way that sums up the whole performance, I score a 7.4, the city averages a 31.7, and the state averages 54.9. So you can see, I'm pretty much at the bottom of the barrel of a system that itself is "underperforming". On the ACT, a test that colleges and universities use to gauge student acheivement and potential, my kids' composite (english, math, reading, and science combined) scores average a 14.7. The rest of the city averages 2 points better, 16.9. And the state average is a 20.1 Yeah, I'm a wee bit behind.What's the cause of all this? Well, some would say it's a socio-economic byproduct of living in "the ghetto". The majority of the students live in single-parent households, with a high absentee father rate. He's usually in jail, dead, up and left, or just visits mom for an occasional piece of ass. Since dad has so many "baby mommas", he probably can't afford to pay child support for the kids that are enrolled here at Regnef, or his kids at other schools. Mom is probably unemployed or underemployed, and the family lives in low-income state assisted public housing, either "section 8" or "projects". Or, they squat with other family members, moving from house to house. It's hard to verify where they really live, because their phones are always disconnected (unpaid bills). Food stamps make up most of the "income". And mom most likely has at least one child by another father - but probably more than one child, and likely all different fathers. Most of the households have never been married, so the concept is really quite foreign. Most moms gave birth to my students when they were in high school themselves, or shortly thereafter. Birth control not a real popular option here at Regnef.The average teacher salary here at Regnef is $61,000, whereas the rest of the state teachers average $55,500. Of course, the cost of living is higher here than say, in Carbondale IL. And a lot of the teachers that swipe in and out of my timeclock each day have been in this public school system (if not the school) for many, many years. Too many, some of them. 12.2% of them are not considered "Highly Qualified" by the No Child Left Behind Act (NLCB), although 50% of them hold a Master's Degree. How can this be? Well, let's say your child takes a Government & Politics course here at Regnef. Since the state requires that all students pass a Consumer Education test, we offer that in the Government/Politics course. We can't call the course Government/Econ or Government/Consumer Ed, because then all the parents would receive a note stating that the teachers aren't "highly qualified" because they don't have an Econ degree . Now mind you, the consumer ed/econ portion of the c ourse, as required by the state, focuses on skills like balancing a checkbook, buying a car, discerning between wants and needs, creating a budget, paying rent, researching products before purchase, etc. - life skills. Nothing a teacher would learn by getting an Econ degree in college. Of course, this explanation isn't included with those letters to the parents. They just get a letter stating that their kid's teacher is basically an idiot and shouldn't even be teaching them. And boy, do the parents love that loophole come grade time. Cries of "how can my kid get an F in the class if that teacher ain't even suppos'ta'be teachin' it. S/he failed causa that teacher". I mean, nevermind that your kid missed 18 days of class (20% of it) in a semester, either cutting or just not coming to school at all. That 50 year old adult has NO right teaching your kid how to write a check!So, that's my brief summary of what I, Regnef High School, am - at least on paper. We'll get to my daily life soon enough.For now, I have to go close all my windows that are open because the heat is turned up so high. Hell, why save money on heating costs when you can just open all the windows, right?false
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:54 pm
This was the last entry of his blog before he 'fessed up. Needless to say, he is not returning to the high school.....

High Crimes at Regnef High

Or at least that's what I'll call them...since so many students on my grounds are high during the school day. Last week a teacher apprehended a student with a sizeable (not personal use quantity) sum of bagged marijuana as he was selling it in the halls (cutting class to cut some deals). Naturally, the administration reacted to what is know as "possession with intent to distribute" with the severe consequence of a 10 day suspension. No arrest. No expulsion. This is how drug dealers within my halls are dealt with.A few months ago, a parent was in conference with a counselor defending his son, who was stoned out of his mind, with this comment: "It's not his fault. He don't smoke. I smoke in the car when I drive him to school." Dad was not referring to cigarettes. Nice defense.The counselor's office is always an interesting place if you ever visit me. Just a few weeks ago, a parent physically assaulted a counselor. The counselor, in self-defense, more than held his own, slamming a right hook to said parent's head before the in-school police intervened.In the teacher's parking area today, students broke a teacher's car window - for the second time. Of course, they'd stolen his hubcaps months ago. Know why they hate this guy? Because he is one of the hardest working, most generous, and brightest teachers to walk my halls. The kids don't know what do do with that kind of behavior; teachers who actually do their job annoy kids with their extreme demands (come to class on time and prepared, do your work, be respectful - you know, real tough standards to meet). Teachers who work hard also tend to intimidate and alienate colleagues who may prefer to do the "union minimum" as a justly deserved reward for having "done their time". Naturally, one car wasn't enough, so they broke into another teacher's car just for good measure.The dress code here is great. Shirts featuring gun logos, weed leaves, and gang insignia. Baseball hats turned to one side or the other to appropriateley "represent" your faction. Now instead of security asking the kids to take off their hats, which the kids then put back on and keep on throughout the day, I suppose the school could implement a policy where they confiscate them for parent retrieval. That's within their legal rights. But hey, why do that? I mean, no parent should have to explain why their kid is walking into a school building:- reeking of weed with his Roca Wear coat- his pants hanging so low you can see his butt-cheeks- his hat cocked sideways to "represent"- a nice "scarface" shirt with a big gun- gymshoe laces appropriately matched to the desired gang affiliation- and my personal favorite: the most comical, hysterical, absurdly large "ice" in his ear - big, dumb, fake diamond earrings. And the kids will insist they're real! As if with diamond earrings valued at $10,000 they should be living in section 8 housing, receiving free lunch and owing debt to the school for unpaid book fees!And the young ladies are so modest too! Tiny shirts that show off their names tattooed on the small of their backs. In case they forget who they are, they can always ask someone to read their ass-crack for them. Things could be worse. At least no one in my offices has been caught stealing 1/2 a million $ in a scam where the budget manager writes checks to him/herself. This just happened in my brother building, Simon. He was wondering why he couldn't get that maintenance he needed...now he knows.And on a positive note, today there was no pulling of my fire alarms by gang-bangers so they could clear the building, find their intended victims, and fight outside. This is a regular occurrence here at Regnef. Two weeks ago, I got a nice easy Friday...a 1/4 day! 1/2 of a 1/2 day - because so many police arrived on scene to the second gang-fire-alarm of the day and arrested so many people, that they found it easier to simply close the school. Sent everyone home midway through a 1/2 day. Nice, eh? The icing on the cake was one very dedicated teacher had his hand broken while breaking up a fight, right before he was taken to the hospital for a seizure.The school police sure have their hands full within my confines. In the last month, 3 teachers have had their laptops stolen from locked classrooms. Despite the teachers having the pleasure of reviewing the security camera tapes with the security "chief", witnessed the students pick the locks, steal the laptops, and walk past the (sitting) security guards and out the door, the administration seems to feel that they're in no way responsible and that these teachers deserve no reimbursement. Told the teachers "claim it on your homeowner's insurance". Very expensive items being stolen from locked classrooms. Now mind you, these teachers have to bring their personal laptops to work because the school has no computers for them to use. No printers (and if there are any, there's no ink toner) either. So they mostly use them to e-mail lesson plans to department chairs and show powerpoint presentations on the 1 LCD projector shared between the entire school . (they had 2 - one broke and fixing it isn't a priority).Let's not forget the teacher who had her wallet stolen while another teacher was in the room. She said "I'm going to the washroom for 5 minutes, can you watch my bag?" He said "sure thing." Later that day, security handed her her wallet, found outside, her cash missing. She never knew it was gone.So you see, the rewards of teaching at Regnef are astounding! Hilarious thing is, the main office will have the nerve to act shocked and disappointed when those teachers don't come back next year.Best part of the day was hearing the cries of "you ******* white bitch ass ************, I'm a beat the motherfuckin' **** out chu" from one student to a teacher who removed her from the classroom because she kept answering her cell phone. How dare that teacher interrupt her phone call during class time! It could have been her boo with important parole information!Let's see...anything positive so I don't always look like I'm feeling sorry for myself?Nope!
0 Replies