• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,413 • Replies: 15
No top replies

pinktinsel

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:23 pm
ocean, desert, forest riddle
Kev, do you know the answer to your ocean, desert, forest riddle? I've been trying to get it for ages, but I can't!! I'd be very grateful if you tell me the answer Smile
0 Replies

suziemo

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:13 pm
I cant figure this one out either and this has been posted on a lobby at work and no one on there could get it. If anyone knows the answer please tell us
0 Replies

pokerchick22

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:25 pm
please tell me the answer to this, I have asked every person I know... My whole office is stumped and all the players on the poker site I play on is stumped!!! desperate to know what the answer is
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 08:05 am
I agree what's the answer?
0 Replies

Mikeo2121

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:13 am
pokerchick22 wrote:
please tell me the answer to this, I have asked every person I know... My whole office is stumped and all the players on the poker site I play on is stumped!!! desperate to know what the answer is

I need to know the answer too. Who's 'Pokerchick22' btw? from Gib rite?

Mail me - Mikeo_2121 =)
0 Replies

andre320

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:52 pm
TEll
TELL US PLEASE Very Happy Arrow Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

angelaicscars

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 05:14 am
riddles
IT WOULD BE WATER
0 Replies

angelaicscars

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:10 am
what im i
i suppose your dead now because its day time , so your -- not alive
0 Replies

cloudburst

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:48 am
how come all the "ONLY"s are capitalized? is this some kind of word play?
0 Replies

hey dello

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:18 am
What am I? I am Blue. I've been to a few forums talking about this riddle, and they all seem to be having the same problem figuring it out. At the same time, there does not seem to be an answer anywhere online, which leads me to believe that it's a trick question and whoever wrote/first posted it is sitting back and laughing.

Because the word Blue has a capital B, it is a proper noun, therefore a name. So answering "Blue" to "what am I?" is a suitable answer.

For those of you who need a more pragmatic answer, a blue burning star fits well with the clues. This answer could be refuted from a million different viewpoints, but if you look at it from a human perspective and not a science, religious, or pure logic one, it works.

-it can only be seen from the ocean, the desert, or the forest... many if not most places can be classified as one of these...other places such as cities are too bright and if any stars are visible it's the brighter white dwarfs

- some stars are visible from the northern hemisphere for half the year, and the southern the other half, and vice versa for other stars. This "move twice a year" is a human perspective

-only the sun, from the human point of view, is capable of making stars completely disappear. clouds, in the human perspective, are short lived and fleeting, and therefore hide rather than kill stars
- "I can turn into a solid or liquid only"... since all matter has 3 phases, nothing can be only solid or liquid for eternity. But if the matter is already plasma/gases, then it can not turn into these... it can only turn into solid or liquid. Therefore it is plasma and gas.

-If a human touches me.... scientifically, yes, touching a star will kill a person. In a more human perspective, touching a star could also mean ascending to the heavens.

-I am Blue.

Like I said, it's only one answer.
0 Replies

vaginalbludfart

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:26 pm
uh..
the way they emphasize on "ONLY" it makes it NOT water, thats all i know. because water isnt JUST in oceans, forests, and deserts, its also in our homes, pools, etc. Water is CONSTANTLY moving, water can not only turn into liquid or solid, it can turn into steam, its not always blues, and humans cant die from touching it. I would have said cyanide, because of the way they use to phrase it as something.. "blue" from some painting, in the 1800s, but it can be converted into a gas, its not ONLY found in those three places, and well.. etcetc. hmm.. i have no idea, someone get back to me on this one, though. but dont tell me its water, because you would be wrong.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:44 pm
is it ozone? its blue, toxic, and the sun's radiation decomposes it into oxygen
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 02:57 am
The Sky???? Question
0 Replies

w1nd

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 02:01 pm
i think the answer is "NOTHING" "NOTHING" live in the ocean, desert and forest ONLY
"NOTHING" move twice a year ONLY
ONLY the sun can kill "NOTHING"
"NOTHING" can turn into a liquid or solid ONLY
If a human touches "NOTHING"(can refer to food they hav to touch food or can die) they are killed instantly
Im Blue. (blue confuses me)
0 Replies

steevee

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 04:13 pm
w1nd wrote:
i think the answer is "NOTHING" "NOTHING" live in the ocean, desert and forest ONLY
"NOTHING" move twice a year ONLY
ONLY the sun can kill "NOTHING"
"NOTHING" can turn into a liquid or solid ONLY
If a human touches "NOTHING"(can refer to food they hav to touch food or can die) they are killed instantly
Im Blue. (blue confuses me)

I can't argue with the first two points.

"The sun can kill nothing." - heat can certainly kill many things.

Hmm I can't argue with the liquid/solid point either.

"If a human touches nothing, they are killed instantly." - Death is not instantaneous if you don't eat. If nothing implies that a human is in the depths of space, well, I'd guess he'd freeze instantly.
0 Replies