What the hell happened to the eggs?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:56 pm
Possible.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:56 pm
For the sake of avoiding nightmares I've decided not to watch.

Since snake is ruled out - how about old Ukrainian woman? I had an elderly Ukrainian lady as a neighbor in Brooklyn and she would always tell me how she missed fresh duck eggs for breakfast.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:01 pm
Old Ukranian woman and velociraptor are tied for most likely candidates thus far.

I have to leave. I'll check back in the morning and see if anyone came up with a plausible answer.

(a more plausible answer)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
I have an idea:

Go buy some eggs (chicken will do for convenience), put them in the nest (I assume it is still there), sprinkle a layer of flour around the nest and wait to see if the predator comes back. If the predator returns you will see an impression of it's track in the flour. The imprint of large sensible shoes will prove it's an old Ukrainian woman.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
Aha! As Holmes would say "The game's afoot!"

(Kicky, if you're still about, there's a lady looking for you in the Trivia forum)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:36 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I have an idea:

Go buy some eggs (chicken will do for convenience), put them in the nest (I assume it is still there), sprinkle a layer of flour around the nest and wait to see if the predator comes back. If the predator returns you will see an impression of it's track in the flour. The imprint of large sensible shoes will prove it's an old Ukrainian woman.

Good thinking, GW. And then when the old Ukrainian woman comes around to your door next week selling some of these....well, you'll have all the proof you'll need.

http://www.tryzub.com/Sofia_Zielyk/IMAGES/Collage.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:55 pm
Oh no, I was afraid of this. L and I were driving back from Florida when two semis collided head-on, the Interstate became a parking lot so we took off cross country on the two-lanes and got hopelessly lost. We drove for hours without any sign of a town or a place to stop for a meal. Finally, in desperation we stopped at this little farmhouse next to a patio and a small lake, hoping we could buy something to stave off our famishment, but no one was home.

I walked around back with the thought that perhaps the owners were down by the lake and there I found a wild duck's nest with eight lovely eggs in it. Looking around to see if anyone was in sight, there wasn't, I swept up the orbs in two hands and clutched the clutch to my breast. Racing back to the car I shouted, "We've saved."

A few miles down the road there was a picnic grounds and there we made a fire. The frying pan was brought out of the trunk and, miracles of miracles, my sweetie was holding out on me, she have about a half a pound of swiss cheese and a small jar of chipolte salsa.

The omelettes were delicious.

Joe(Yeggs! Off the beaten track)Nation
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:50 pm
I'm sure it was a woman who took the eggs.
Eggs are a good source of dried albumen
which sometimes is used for cosmetic
enhancement purposes. So, gustav, look
closely at all the older women in the neighborhood,
and the one who has the freshest teint, probably took the eggs.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:51 pm
The freshest teint!?!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:07 pm
I demand a blood test on gus to see if he's the culprit that ate all them eggs - whole.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:17 pm
littlek wrote:
The freshest teint!?!

teint = complexion
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:19 pm
I think they've hatched. No other explanation seems feasible.

Good to see you too Gus.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 03:35 am
Ceili wrote:

Good to see you too Gus.

Good to see there is at least one clear-thinking person on this thread. Check out the pond and see whether there isn't a mamma duck swimming about, with a little flock of duckling swiming right behind her.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 03:48 am
Steve Irwin.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 04:27 am
Gator?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/online%20photos/cid_001701c65c9fc9bb7960623bfea9def.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 05:31 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Ceili wrote:

Good to see you too Gus.

Good to see there is at least one clear-thinking person on this thread. Check out the pond and see whether there isn't a mamma duck swimming about, with a little flock of duckling swiming right behind her.

Gus stated there were no egg shells. After a hatching the shells are left behind.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:48 am
The duck is a budding magician, and was practicing making things disappear. She then realized she didn't know the trick to make them reappear, and promptly decided to follow them through the vortex.

Drew(Thanks Warner Bros.; I always knew that Daffy cartoon would somehow be useful)Dad
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:30 am
Quote:
Thanks Warner Bros.; I always knew that Daffy cartoon would somehow be useful[/QUOTE

And they say popular culture is no substitute for an education... .

Joe(Do watch the mis-use of the semi-colon however.)Nation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:01 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(Do watch the mis-use of the semi-colon however.)Nation

Yo(I'm sure she's a nice lady)Mama
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:23 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I demand a blood test on gus to see if he's the culprit that ate all them eggs - whole.

I say we examine his feces.
Egg shell doesn't completely break down in the human stomach.
neither does bone.

we'll catch him..
0 Replies