Meet Auzzie

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:43 am
Hey All!

Meet Auzzie, he is a Miniature Australian Shepherd and the newest member of the family.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/dakitkatbar/Puppy.jpg
1 Week Old

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/dakitkatbar/Puppy2.jpg
6 Weeks Old

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/dakitkatbar/CIMG2022new2.jpg
8 Weeks Old

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/dakitkatbar/CIMG2073new.jpg
10 Weeks Old
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,811 • Replies: 33
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:44 am
how absolutly beautiful. Very Happy
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:45 am
That is very likely the cutest thing I've ever seen. But the one red eye in the "8 Weeks" picture is a bit disturbing.
Still, congratulations. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:50 am
thats a glint of satan right there.... Laughing
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:59 am
They told me in Sunday School that Satan would take an attractive form . . . :wink:
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 01:08 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
That is very likely the cutest thing I've ever seen. But the one red eye in the "8 Weeks" picture is a bit disturbing.
Still, congratulations. Smile

You are very right to be worried about that left eye because it also is disturbing me. He, for the most part, seems to be able to see out of it just fine close up. I have done the research and apparently it is common for light eyed dogs to experience little light getting into their eye(s). Fortunatly, it is something that will get better over time.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 01:12 pm
That's also a nice tube cat you have there in that picture, by the way. :wink:
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 02:44 pm
He's so cute! How big will he get?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 02:47 pm
I am more of a cat person - but that is a very cute little dog! Not to mention the cat... :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 03:49 pm
What a cutie pie! I love the two-toned nose. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 04:01 pm
Oooohooohhhooooo, how sweet! That baby is ALL head!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:50 pm
Laughing littlek's comment put my mind in the gutter....

I love the 6 week picture especially. What a beautiful little dude.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:52 pm
Why thank you all. He will get about 30-35lb. And my kitties name is Mickey...the tube cat.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:55 pm
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/dakitkatbar/CIMG2022new2.jpg

Does that dog have any idea that there is a cat above him? See it? In the tube. Looks like he's getting ready to pounce.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
Cute pup!

What makes him an Australian shepherd?

I suppose he does have a bit of the look of an Australian sheep dog. Does he jump to attention and go to the back of the flock when you yell Gebehind!?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:45 pm
margo wrote:
Cute pup!

What makes him an Australian shepherd?

I suppose he does have a bit of the look of an Australian sheep dog. Does he jump to attention and go to the back of the flock when you yell Gebehind!?

Beacuse his parents were both Australian Shepherds, not to mention he looks like one.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 04:01 am
Maaaaaaatee G'day

Australian Shepherds are working dogs that have strong working and guarding instincts. The Australian Shepherd is well balanced, and a rather strong dog. The strong head is in proportion to the body. The dog displays intelligence and attentive attitude. The almond-shaped eyes are brown, blue, or amber. The triangular ears are set high on the dog's head. The teeth should meet in a scissors bite. The tapering muzzle is rounded at the tip. The neck is slightly arched and fits well into the dog's shoulders. The chest is deep. The Australian Shepherd's legs are strong and straight. The feet are oval and compact

The Australian Shepherd's coat of medium length is straight to wavy. It is weather-resistant. The coat colors are blue merle, red merle, red or black. White body splashes should be disqualified. The tail is normally docked, if it is longer than 4 inches.

Loyalty, courage and an easygoing nature characterize the Australian Shepherd's temperament. They do well with children, as they adore playing and goofing around. Naturally suspicious of strangers, Australian Shepherds need proper socialization when they are puppies. Australian Shepherds are not dog aggressive, and unlike some other breeds, do not bark at livestock when working.

0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 11:30 am
I would have gone with the literal....he's from Australia...but thats good too dadpad.
Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:17 pm
Great looking pup, kitkat_bar.

Have you already started classes with him?

As dadpad's noted, Australian Shepherds are working dogs that benefit from training, lots of physical and mental activity - and they like to know what their jobs are.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:43 pm
Boy, he's adorable. The 6 week old picture looks like it's been airbrushed, interesting lighting.
0 Replies