Some people have NO shame...

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:04 pm
Let's go with coy. Does that work for everyone?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:07 pm
Hi Gus, Whatcha doin?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:22 pm
Hey, mms. I'm just getting ready to go outside and shoot a few possums.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:24 pm
Cool!!!!!!!!!

Can I go? I like possum huntin'... :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:25 pm
[scratches gustav from her list]

I love your new avatar, MMS, that's so cute.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:27 pm
That reminds me of my trip through your state last summer, mms. I have been all over this country but never have I seen such a plethora of roadkill as what I saw in Arkansas. It was almost comical. Racoon...skunk....armadillo.....armadillo....possum....skunk....wildebeest....
racoon...on and on and on. It seems like every five yards there is some sort of flattened animal.

Are you guys just crazy friggin drivers or do you just have a whole shitload of animals waiting to die?

(I was just kidding about the wildebeest)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:29 pm
[adds Jane to list -- enjoys a woman that plays hard to get]
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:36 pm
Quote:
Are you guys just crazy friggin drivers or do you just have a whole shitload of animals waiting to die?

No...the Texans are the crazy friggin' drivers..lol All they know are straight lines and 100 miles an hour till they hit a curve. Then its slam on the brakes and cause massive pile ups..lol Shocked

So......you saw all them critters on the road huh? Well, in ARkansas...thats a nightly ritual. Them there hillbillies drink...and try their damnedest to run over the first thing that crosses their path, they got youngins' to feed. You ever had possum' on the half shell? Or possum on a stick?

You sure must have come through here early for there to be fresh road kill still lying there.

0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:37 pm
BTW..Thanks CJ, I'm not real happy with it. I was going to change back to the other one, but can't find it now...go figure.

It seemed that once I shriveled it up to the right size, it squished my cheeks...lmao Ohh well........lol
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:42 pm
Every section of the country has their own version of "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

The answer in my state is "To show the racoon it could be done." Another state's might be "To show the armadillo it could be done." Still another's might be "To show the possum it could be done."

That's why it was so funny driving through Arkansas. All of the friggin animals were there. They're all covered!

And, I swear to god this is true, after driving through a section of Arkansas one night and seeing kill after kill after kill all of a sudden my buddy yells "What the hell was that?"

"What?" I said. I had been looking at a map and didn't know what he was talking about.

"There was something big and white on the road", he said, "Some kind of bird."

Curiosity got the best of him and he spun the car around to see the mysterious creature up close.

You know what it was? A chicken. A friggin chicken.

Only in Arkansas.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:48 pm
While driving through Missouri, there were Coyotes standing on the
roadside at night, just waiting for dinner, and the menue seemed plenty.

[MMS, just make the avatar a bit bigger]
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:05 pm
(Thanks CJ)

Coyotes? We have them here, they get to yelping at night, I love the sound of it.

I haven't told my bear story, have I?

Its Turkey season here, and about 2 weeks ago, I was sopposed to head to camp about dark and pick up my husband. WEll, when I got there, he was standing there looking around all bewilded. lol One of our Ice-chests was ripped to shreds, vienna cans with big teeth holes in them, crackers crumbled on the ground...etc..

It was a mess.......

That bear had come up and in camp before dark, sometime between 4 and 7...entered into the pavilion, moved the table around...and hauled off with the ice chest towards the creek....and had no mercy or shame. lol

I kept the ice chest as a sovenior...lol, it has big incisor holes in it...about 4 or 5 inches apart. He was seen the next day on a fire trail...to hear tell...he's a big brute.......humm
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:07 pm
Quote:
You know what it was? A chicken. A friggin chicken.

Only in Arkansas.

ROTF...yep, seen that too. Turtles, chickens, coons, possums, armadillos, foxes, coyotes, deer, and snakes....and on ocassion, a bear, which will make the evening news! LOL

I'm curious Gus, what part of Arkansas did you come through?
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 04:25 am
Well, this thread is officially derailed. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:11 am
It mostly will after page 10, Hickory.

Yet, somehow it does fit into your "Some people have NO shame..."
(to derail a thread) Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:23 pm
Embarrassed opps! I've been guilty numerous time of derailing a thread....
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:26 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Embarrassed opps! I've been guilty numerous time of derailing a thread....

Shocked All the ways this can be taken . . .
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 03:30 pm
Hey Screwball.......what you talkin' bout there? LOL

I don't derail threads on purpose, just head it off in other directions....gently, ending with such enthusiam that it would take your breathe away....
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 06:09 pm
Responding to the original thread topic, society has gotten extremely relaxed regarding public appearances. I expect the pendulum to swing back the other way before too long - people will get tired of the "slob" look they way they get tired of everything else. (hopefully)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 08:16 pm
And I'll be waiting with my sensible flats and pearls

http://www.equineaffaire.com/graphics/current%20raffle%20images/equestrian_collections_hunt_outfit_web.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:02:21