1001 ways to regain serenity & quieten a frazzled mind.

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:00 am
What about Msolga?

Ok.......galloop, galloop GALLOOP...........POUNCE....whiffle, snuggle, tickly whiskers, fluff.

There...Msolga and Lordypuss have had a Bunny hug!

http://www.hugkiss.com/platinum/scudcool3.gif

The fur is going to my goddamn head....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:15 am
breeding rabbits!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:02 pm
Breeding rabbits? Breeding maggots?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:25 pm
They were giving people hugs, NOT breeding.

And that maggots thing was just plain nasty, Noddy.

No hugs for either of you.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:28 pm
I'd be afraid to hug you, I might get pregnant!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:29 pm
and I didn't get the maggots thing and was afraid to ask.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 03:56 pm
Heeven--

A good bit of 17th century literature dealt with the decay of the body (which would then breed maggots--the idea that the maggots didn't just spontaneously erupt was new then) while the immortal soul ascended to the heavens or descended elsewhere.

Perhaps some people from the Antipodes are skilled at hugging and breeding while their souls have been predestined to travel on the upward bound elevator?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 06:57 am
<sigh> Serenity remains elusive, dammit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 08:14 am
Oh? Sorry to hear it.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 09:36 am
I'm sorry for that, msolga.

I had noted this thread when it first appeared, but lost it (outta sight, outta mind, y'know). I'm glad it reappeared. There are many wonderful suggestions -- some that I already do, and some that I will try.

For myself, I've found that starting the day right makes a huge difference in my ability to handle stress. So, I rise early enough to have ample time for a little exercise, shower, breakfast and spend a some time with the cats before the day starts.

I shower in the dark. I know this is not for everyone, but I find the lack of vision helps my other senses to wake up. There's something primeval about it, standing there with the warm water pouring over me, that I find both relaxing and invigorating.

I believe that part of my general stress is too much media stimuli. So, no radio or TV before work (music is fine), including in the car. Do I really need some radio announcer screaming at me while I'm dodging the other wild-eyed rush hour drivers? Do I really need weather reports every 5 minutes, when I can just observe with my own senses? No, I am better for taking the time to gather my thoughts and inner resources for the challenges of the day ahead.

I guess that I'm saying, basically, that a morning routine that nourishes my body, mind and spirit gives me greater strength to deal with the rest of the day. It's not foolproof, of course, but it helps.

Thank you so much for this thread.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 10:00 am
Perhaps a day or two in the mountains Msolga

The clean fresh air can have an uplifting effect and theres always a roaring log fire back at the chalet.

http://cams.ski.com.au/img/hotham2.jpg

or a night out. let your hair down doing the nutbush just like the old days

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/debball2006040.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:44 am
dadpad wrote:
...or a night out. let your hair down doing the nutbush just like the old days

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/debball2006040.jpg

So that's it!!!!! Idea I haven't done the nutbush since heaven knows when! Thanks for the reminder, dadpad! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:52 am
Tico wrote:
...For myself, I've found that starting the day right makes a huge difference in my ability to handle stress. So, I rise early enough to have ample time for a little exercise, shower, breakfast and spend a some time with the cats before the day starts.

Me, too, Tico! (except with just one cat!) I give myself a good two hours before serious preparation to leave for work. I read the paper, sometimes admire my garden, get distracted by my cat demanding purr-inspiring pats, drink a few cups of tea, etc .... I find if I get up late & have to rush around that the day is just not quite right. Besides I'm a vegetable/zombie first thing after waking up. I need that time!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:36 am
I think we're twins! Very Happy 2 hours is my time, as well. (And I'm a Kundera fan, too. Is your sig line from Immortality?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:43 am
Hello, twin! Very Happy

You know, I actually can't remember which one of his books that quote came from, Tico. It's one I wrote down ages & ages ago because (for me) it really hit the spot. Same as I get all those old Vonnegut novels, read light years ago, mixed up. Too many books = an addled, forgetful brain! Confused
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.73 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:17:39