I have an Enchanted Rock....would like to trade....

roger

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 01:02 pm
Two well cured hairballs sounds fair.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 01:06 pm
well, perhaps for the underpants, but not for 5 books.

not much of a reader roger?

sorry, but no way am I trading 5 good books, some from the bestseller list, for 2 hairballs.

You're just trying to make me feel my trade isn't viable, then you'll take those 5 books and sell them at Half Price Books and get 6 or 7 bucks for them

Looking for a literate person who wants to make a fair trade....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 01:57 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You're just trying to make me feel my trade isn't viable, then you'll take those 5 books and sell them at Half Price Books and get 6 or 7 bucks for them.

Do you have a side deal going on with one of their staff? You'd be lucky to get $.50 for the lot....

Cheapskates, they are.

I'll trade you a garage opener remote, may still work, from a previous residence.

Oh, and the address.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 01:58 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
lord ellpus underpants are looking better and better...

still want to see what jpinmilwaukee has to offer...unless something else good comes along.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:15 pm
Chai, I have a tee shirt that I haven't worn for a few years...Interested?

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a618/a618_e_18.jpg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 03:51 pm
Okay, I'm interested in those books - haven't read any of them and I'm a mystery-lover.

Would you take a painting by a well-known dead Canadian painter? Thomas Mower Martin is his name... his art is worth something, though nothing like the Group of Seven. I have a couple of his that are decent but which I don't like.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:16 pm
Mame wrote:
Okay, I'm interested in those books - haven't read any of them and I'm a mystery-lover.

Would you take a painting by a well-known dead Canadian painter? Thomas Mower Martin is his name... his art is worth something, though nothing like the Group of Seven. I have a couple of his that are decent but which I don't like.

http://www.whyte.org/recent/donald.jpg

Ah yes Mame...I see he does have some talent....I hope you enjoy reading your mysteries.

I now have a picture patient by Thomas Mower Martin, thanks Mame
--------------------------------

An excerpt of his biograpy for those who care to consider this painting for trade....

Thomas Martin immigrated in 1862 from England to Toronto, Ontario. As an artist, he was largely self-taught. Martin remained in Canada, but he made many trips to the United States to exhibit his work and perform commissions. For example, he made still lifes of game for collector Charles Leland.

He painted mostly landscapes, animals in action, still lifes, and some portraits.

He was a founding member of the Ontario Society of Artists in 1872. He was Director of the Ontario Government Art School from 1877 to 1879. He was a founder of the Royal Canadian Academy in 1880.

He exhibited at the Art Association of Montreal, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, the Boston Art Club, the Brooklyn Art Association, and the National Academy of Design.

His works are in the collections of the National Gallery of Canada; the National Archives, Ottawa; the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto; the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto; the Vancouver Art Gallery; the Vancouver City Museum; and Windsor Castle, England.

------------------------------
Who is interested in acquiring this pleasing landscape for a fair trade?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:48 pm
My my my Mame, it seems I have potentially gotten quite a bargain with our trade.

Looking online, I see one landscape by Thomas Mower Martin going for $657.00, and another painting in an auction house that hasn't been bid on yet, but it is estimated to go for between $2,000 and $3,000.

Do we have any art speculators out there?

What will someone trade for a beautiful painting worth at least several hundred dollars?

We are getting some good business going now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:50 pm
Bella
I'd be willing to trade you a real live lobster from the fresh atlantic Canada waters http://www.kilkennybedandbreakfast.com/recipes/lobster.gif
For your lovely t-shirt.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:59 pm
Well, dang it, Chai. I thought we were beginning a negotiation. You didn't have to take another offer before I had a chance to counter.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:03 pm
It is a lovely painting, isn't it? Suitable for speculation, or for individual enjoyment.

I can imagine someone having a friend or relative that would enjoy this as a gift.

What will someone offer as a fair trade?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:04 pm
Aww, Roger.

Tell you what. I'll trade for those two well-cured hairballs.

I've got some homemade bread here that a neighbor made for me with her own two hands....two weeks ago. Hardly any mold on it at all. (Just trim off the crust.)

My dog is already salivating, thinking about the hairballs. It's been awhile since our cats have left him one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:31 pm
I just ate a bowl of warm chocolate pudding, and I can't possible stay awake...

I'm going to sleep, and will dream of Italy. Warm sun, handsome men, works of art...ahhh.....

I'll read all offers in the morning, and make the fairest trade.

good night all, and sweet dreams to you too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:32 pm
Sweet dreams puddin pie :-)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:41 pm
Chai, this trading up is a great idea. Have you read this story?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
I believe that's the story the inspired her :-)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
Well, I need someone cleaning my windows.

In turn, I'll cook a nice meal (can be frozen for later).

Any takers?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
my son recently conducted a similar excercise with his vetuer unit (older scouts)

They started with an egg and went door to door (small country town) trading up.

1 kid ended up with a bottle of wine. My son got a bottle of kiwi fruit sauce and a heap of army rationpacks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
Eva, you're on. That is green bread mold, right? I won't touch black mold with latex gloves.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:02:42