Surprised
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
What's up, talk?
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 03:42 pm
I think feeling as though there is a higher power is a great starting point for people to consider things, everything I guess. If that leads to a clearer mind then it has to be a great thing if you ask me. I'm not sure about spiritual practice though, I've never tried meditation but I'd like to try it some time, there are Zen Buddhist meditation sessions near me so maybe I should try it out.

For me personally I love choosing types of music that fit my current mood or to suit a certain mood or thought I'd like to explore and just lying down and thinking about stuff, anything really. Sometimes things happen during the day or week and things can become pretty hectic, you just never get a chance to stop, relax and put things in perspective. Music is such a powerful tool for me.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:48 pm
The cure for everything is salt water be it sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Dinesen
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:47 pm
I have no religion but not sure if there is a God. I have no problem with people who are religious only those who wants to shove their religion down other people's throats e.g. those fundamentalists forever quoting their "sacred" texts which are full of holes. Otherwise may the force be with you.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:13 pm
Facing the wall,
Time is endless and nothing.
From here to there,
Walking is everthing.
Focusing on each breath,
We learn ...
Nothing, and everything.

Pay attention!
Meditation is everywhere.

Never stop, even in sleep,
Nothing is gained or lost.
Distraction is desire
Desire divides One
Only two can be separate,
Seperateness,
The beginning of Suffering.

Pay attention!
Cut it off!
Meditate!
Endlessly and Never!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:41 am
...interesting...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:27 pm
Ashers, you are a music man? Smile I can see the appeal of that. Music speaks past words.
I especially enjoy classical music and instrumental when I want to get to a centered spot. My whole life I have been drawn to musicians/musical folks even though I myself have little talent there. I love waking up to someone playing piano (tangeant).

salt water....!

talk, thanks for sharing eh. I can understand that. Tolerance I admire.

Asherman,

Thank You. You managed to leave me speechless.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:17 am
I've never felt the creative streak, though there is hope Laughing , my dad's a self taught guitarist/musician. His stuff is largely instrumental, it tends to have a very natural quality to my ears, he uses samples like running water etc to complement the guitar work. With the power of ever better audio editing software he's even been able to create a few albums. He has poems that accompany a lot of the songs, here's a quick one with a spiritual theme...

Ascension

Arise, make the journey.
Transport yourself to that other place, where time and space unite, and two hearts beat as one. Where there is no more longing, no more suffering, or pain. For in that place all is fulfilled as the golden light of pure love dwells once again in the house of everlasting peace.
Arise, make the journey.

...I guess sometimes it's nice to try and find that place when I listen to the right music.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:57 pm
I like what Asherman posted.

I've had a busy week and today I didn't do any Yoga or meditate because I wanted to get a swim in...

Boy, did I pay for it. There seem to be no ill effects from meditating. At best, it helps you gather yourself up before all the distractions of the day, even if it's only for 5 minutes.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:05 pm
You probably didn't know, but I'm mostly deaf and losing more hearing almost on a dail basis. I used to like Country, Classical, and Jazz. but now its silence or noise. I'm much more visual, and spend a lot of time in the studio. When not painting, I read or I write. It is pleasing to think that folks look forward to my postings, and hopefully will get something out of my scribbling.

Oh, you were talking to Asher Embarrassed , a totally different person. Never mind. Embarrassed
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:40 pm
I'm starting to really like this thread!

Ya it's a little confusing with two Ashs lol. I have to write out the full names.

Ashers, that was a lovely post. There's still hope for us (I don't know if you play music yourself but i attempt-can't help myself). And I thought your dads poem was beautiful.

Gala, I know what you mean. I think I have finally got to the spot where I don't have to put terrible effort into wanting to meditate....I crave it now.

Asherman, I love it when you stop by. I didn't know you were going deaf; but you have good taste in music. Smile I also didn't know you are a painter. It doesn't surprise me tho.

I'm getting inspired by you folks. thanks a lot.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:52 pm
Flushd, thanks Smile. I was taught a modest bit of guitar when I was younger but holding down the guitar strings for extended periods hurt my fingers so I gave up (LOL), yeah I was young. I'd really like to learn the piano myself but I'm more visual than anything else as well to be honest, I prefer sketching with pencils, pastels, graffite, whatever I can get my hands on really.

Asherman, I also look forward to your posts, I've gained a surprising amount from them (given this is "just" a forum), particularly with regards to your knowledge and use of Buddhism, you have a way of explaining things that adds real clarity. I first discovered this forum through a discussion on a Buddhist type topic of which you were involved, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Smile

Anyway that's enough from me, oh and sorry about the mix-up with usernames... Laughing
0 Replies