fun riddle

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:51 pm
America High School has 2000 lockers, numbered 1-2000. One day Betty Bunny hopped around opening every locker. Then Ricky Rabbit closed every other locker starting with locker #2. Then Betty changed the status of every third locker, starting with locker #3. If it was open, she closed it. If it was closed, she opened it. So then Ricky changed the status of every fourth locker, starting with locker #4. Then Betty changed every fifth locker, starting with #5 and so on. Each took turns changing the status of every 6th, 7th, 8th......2000th.. When they were done they noticed an unusual pattern in the locker numbers that were open. What locker numbers were open? Why did that happen? Explain mathematically what caused those locker numbers to be open?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 600 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bagdevi

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 02:07 am
answer to locker an dbonny riddle
The lockers having prime numbers were left open al last. Is not it ? Very Happy - it's so simple , what would i explain...
0 Replies

MicahDail

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:02 pm
They will be alternating open/closed. Every odd number will be open, and every even number will be closed.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 10:56 am
Close the damn lockers and give the kids some privacy!
0 Replies