A "Get The Smegging Wabbit" Digression: or Bunny Fights Back

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 04:24 am
Craven wrote :-

Quote:
show me where

Thats where ! http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:mvCNibPmlzAC:www.foxkids.pl/i/arrow.gif

Deb,

Margo can look after herself, watch out cos here comes a blasting with apologies to Smeggin Red Dwarfophiles like what I am :

If you're in trouble he will save the day
He's brave and he's fearless come what may
Without him the Smeggin Ozzies would go astray
He's Hiama Hiama the Unicorn Rhymer
Without him life would be much grime-er ( yuk)
He's handsome, trim and now a lot slimmer
He will never need a zimmer
He's Hiama Hiama, the Unicorn Rhymer
More reliable than any Oz Slimer.
He's never been mistaken for Yule Brynner
He's not bald and his head doesn't glimmer
Master of the wit and of repartee.
His command of web insults is uncanny.
How come he's such a genius
Don't ask me.
Ask Hiama Hiama the Unicorn Rhymer
He's oh such a fantastic swimmer
And if you play your cards right
them he just might come round for dinnerÂ…
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:58 am
Fabooooolous darling!!!

But - beseemeth me that giant "H" proclaims thee a hologram- where is thy life bee?

Zzzzzzzzzzzt.

Awwww - dammit - I turned him off - he is slim all right now!

heehee
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:10 am
Good morning good morning good morning!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:16 am
Debs,

In an emergency power situation,a hologrammatic crew member must lay down his life in order that the living crew members might survive. ok ?

Marycat- Good Morning or Good Afternoon in the UK and Good Evening in Oz Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:24 am
Good morning in Oz now....
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:26 am
I just can't get used to this time thing so thats 2:23 am why are you not asleep Rabbit ?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:28 am
Okay, so here's a serious digression:

I was offered a job yesterday. I need to decide whether to accept it or not.

It's at a national chain deli-bakery-coffee-house. They used to do all the bread baking in-house, but now they only do a little of the bread baking plus all the pastry baking. And the pastries are pretty nice. I would be hired at an hourly wage that seems obscenely low from my Boston-New York background, but which I know is reasonable and livable down here. I would start baking, then learn the coffee area, and basically they want to grow me into a top manager really quickly. They are extremely impressed with my resume and attitude. They love me.

The hourly fits our budget okay right now, but a salary would fit even better. I would expect to have a significant raise very soon. And I wouldn't have to quit the other job, but I might have to ask for a more fixed schedule.

The big question is the amount of bread baking. They only do a couple varieties in-house. But there would be plenty of pastry baking to supplement it.

Do I want to do a job where it's not all bread-focused? There is a HUGE opportunity for growth here. Managing one of these stores would look amazing on my resume. And I may love the company so much that I stay there for years. It does seem like a great company to work for. But do I want to go back up to management? Or do I want to get to be a kid and play with dough all day and make stuff for a lot less money, and with a lot less upward mobility? Decisions, decisions.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:30 am
eeek!

gosh

still, better to have to choose between two goods than not to have any goods at all....
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:35 am
Marycat,

List all the plus and minuses on a piece of paper then screw it up and go with your instincts.

What are the people like ?

It's important to lik the people you work with, life's too short.

It sounds like a good opportunity, best of luck with your decision Very Happy
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:51 am
I am leaning toward accepting.

But it is corporate, an I have eschewed corporate jobs for some time.

Thinking thinking thinking.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:03 am
Yes I know what you mean about the corporate thing got out myself 9 years ago and have never ever regretted it, worked my way back to the same level of revenue yet have more quality time and more say in my future. Very Happy
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:25 am
But then again if I want to open my own bakery-coffee-deli in the future, with more emphasis on the bakery than the deli of course, then this would be a really really good place to get experience with a similar albeit much larger concept.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:09 pm
Marycat - nice to have some good options! Can you tke this job until some good doughy jobs come along? Smile

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - still working on a decent insult - a bit slow thinking these days. But I'll be in UK in a couple of weeks so I'll shout it in your general direction! That'd be west, eh?

Another hmmmmmmmmmmm - what do you feed a holographic hiama rhyming unicorn who comes to dinner? Minnows? Iambic pentameters? Egg and chips? Watercress soup?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 03:30 pm
Yep all of them and salamander on toast with mango chutney please -thank you.

Is it black tie or should I wear some clothes ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:33 pm
Holograms cannot eat.....heehee

It so was not 2.whatever am, you widiculous wunicorn!
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:35 pm
Holograms cannot eat. They can pretend eating some virtual food.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 04:23 am
I don't think they enjoy the hologrammatic food, Steissd!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 05:50 am
I still want a silly fight with somebody!!!

Won't anyone come out sparring?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

perhaps I c
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 08:13 am
Do you have fencing foils and epes and things? We could play at that. Poke each other and so forth.

Or perhaps those little loincloths that sumo wrestlers wear. We could eat a ton of donuts and pies until we feel as bloated as sumo wrestlers and then wrestle.

Or we could battle our Pokemon. Do you have any Pokemon?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 08:52 am
No. And I ain't saying nothing about who I think should pokemon.

I used to heav a foil and plastron and such - got rid of 'em.

pigeon toed. Couldn't lunge properly. Waaaaaah!

Somo? Sure no!

Let's just argue.

Chillis suck - howzat?

herehee
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 04:36:45