Happy Good Friday and Easter

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:16 am
So for all you Christians, and non-Christians, and questioning Christians (like me), I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy Good Friday and a Happy Easter. Enjoy this weekend with your family, and with God.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,013 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:20 am
Thanks daniellejean.

Wishing you the same.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
Thank you, Danielle. I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy it though. My Grandmother passed away today.

However, I must thank you for your well wishing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:23 am
wolfie,

I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will be thinking good things for you today, and if you will permit, I will say a prayer. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Thank you daniellejean,

A very Good Friday and Happy Easter to you also.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:27 am
Another Easter showing of DeMille's "The Ten Commandments," whatever Moses has to do with Easter! I am going to an Easter dinner at a friend and art, and lighting client's home. However, we're skipping "The Ten Commandments" and watching "Vertigo" (they've never seen it!)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:36 am
hmmm, i'm working all weekend, well probably not sunday, but you can never tell

happy easter to all who recognize the holiday
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:37 am
I'm happy that Fashion Island is closed on Easter Sunday and I get to use my New Year's vacation day to still get paid!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:03 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
wolfie,

I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will be thinking good things for you today, and if you will permit, I will say a prayer.

For Pete's sake, woman! Didn't you read the study that stated that hospital patients that were being prayed for consistently did worse than those that didn't? Do you want to kill me?

Laughing

Sorry, I just thought I'd joke around to lighten my mood. You pray for me if you want to. If you feel you must, then feel free to do so. I don't want to hear or read your prayer, mind you. In fact, it was probably better if you didn't tell me you were praying for me.

The study I was talking about actually suggested that the stress of knowing (or at least, thinking that you know) that you're being prayed for makes things worse.

In summary, pray if you wish. I cannot stop you from doing so and it's not my place.

And a Happy Easter to you all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:13 pm
We celebrate Easter as a time for family outings and egg hunts for the small ones. I always looked forward to it as a child and I want the grandkids to have a memorable time also.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:41 pm
Thanks daniellejean. I hope you have a wonderful Resurrection Day as well.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:43 pm
Everyone should know by now that announcing one is going to pray for someone is self-gratifying egotism. One is suppose to do it without broadcasting it. Not only to the person in question, but hardly on a public forum where their are other eyes to behold this fallacy in character.

I think at worst, Wolf, she is just trying to injure you.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 01:03 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Everyone should know by now that announcing one is going to pray for someone is self-gratifying egotism. One is suppose to do it without broadcasting it. Not only to the person in question, but hardly on a public forum where their are other eyes to behold this fallacy in character.

Not from a Christian viewpoint it's not.

Christ Himself told His disciples 'I will pray for you' and 'I have prayed for you.'

The apostle Paul also frequently wrote to the churches that he was praying for them.

Moses and the prophets of the Old Testament said the same thing.

Perhaps from whatever religious background you are from it is considered inappropriate. But Momma Angel is a Christian and is fully within the practice of her faith in doing so.

Have a good weekend, Lightwiz.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 01:40 pm
Wolfie,

I have not said a prayer for you. I have gotten into the habit of asking someone first if they mind if I pray for them. If you prefer I don't then I won't. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Just know I am wishing peace and comfort for you and your family dear Wolfie.http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000060.gif

Lightwizard,

I am sorry you felt you had to make that statement about me. Crying or Very sad You obviously don't know anything about me and I can accept that. I have respect for others and their right to their beliefs. If someone doesn't want me to pray for them, then I don't. I ask if I can pray for them out of respect for them and what they believe.

Real Life is correct though. I am well within my rights and my beliefs to pray for whomever I wish. I asked Wolfie if I could pray for him because I felt comfortable asking him because he seems to understand me pretty well and knows that I would never do anything to intentionally hurt or offend him. And Wolfie knows that if he asks me not pray for him, then I won't.

Perhaps I should have asked Wolfie in a pm. I am sorry that I didn't handle it that way.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:26 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Wolfie,

I have not said a prayer for you. I have gotten into the habit of asking someone first if they mind if I pray for them. If you prefer I don't then I won't. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Just know I am wishing peace and comfort for you and your family dear Wolfie.http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000060.gif

Read my post again. You'll see that I quite clearly stated that my preference is, "I don't really mind either way." You do what you feel you have to, MA. If you're the one that's praying, it's up to you to pray or not.

Have a Happy Easter. If that's not appropriate, have a pious one. If that's not appropriate still, have a lightbulb. Idea
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 03:51 pm
Oh I understood you perfectly, Wolfie. It's one of the reasons I like you. You respect my rights as I respect yours.

Happy Easter is just fine! :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:42 pm
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Christ Himself told His disciples 'I will pray for you' and 'I have prayed for you.'

The apostle Paul also frequently wrote to the churches that he was praying for them.

Perhaps from whatever religious background you are from it is considered inappropriate. But Momma Angel is a Christian and is fully within the practice of her faith in doing so.

Wrong. You are not Jesus, nor Paul, nor any of the prophets. If you think you are, you have a problem.

It is self-serving to report that you are doing a good deed or telling an individual you are praying for them.

Hope nobody is planning on doing their own resurrection this Sunday.
Just have a nice Easter.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:53 pm
Jesus Wept

Peace
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:09 pm
Lightwizard,

Christians are to emulate Christ. If He did it, then it's something we should do. And before you say it, God resurrected Christ. Guess you missed it ~ I didn't say I was praying for Wolfie! I asked Wolfie if I could. And since Wolfie did not say yes, please do. I didn't out of respect for him, even though he told me to do so if I wanted to.

If you are going to accuse someone of something, LW, please make sure you have your facts straight.

Like I said, I should have asked Wolfie in a PM and you can for sure count on the fact that is how I will handle this particular question from now on.

Please forgive me for saying this though, I don't think even that will be enough for you. I may be wrong about that though.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:13 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Wrong. You are not Jesus, nor Paul, nor any of the prophets. If you think you are, you have a problem.

It is self-serving to report that you are doing a good deed or telling an individual you are praying for them.

Perhaps in your religion (whatever that might be) it is. But not according to the Bible, which is the standard that Christians use.

Goodnight, Lightwiz. Hope you have a good Easter too.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 06:25 am
Yes, Happy Easter, and I look forward to the day when I see MA or RL emulating Christ and walking on water.
0 Replies