Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 05:37 pm
I've just heard an interview of an Imam at a mosque in Copenhagen. With reference to the big flap over cartoons in the Danish press, he says that Muslims live peacefully in Denmark, side by side with their Christian neighbors, that they are not oppressed, that the incident did not offend them, and that Danes are nice, friendly people, and that he is glad to live there, as are all the Muslims he knows.

I say, let's hunt that boy down and kill 'im . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,481 • Replies: 23
No top replies

flushd

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 05:38 pm
Yeee haw! Let me grab my pitch fork.

Everybody sucks but me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 05:39 pm
fargin' bastich.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 05:42 pm
His Mum hadn't paid him enough attention.You can't hunt him down for that.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 06:32 pm
The bloody protests did not start for several months, until some clerics fanned the flames.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48746

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/15/AR2006021502865.html
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 07:29 pm
Damn clerics -- they get bored sitting at home smokin' whatever they are smokin' and they don't have the option to sip on a nice brandy. I think they all need to get drunk for a few years and go join AA.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:17 pm
Hey DI, why don't you lighten the f*ck up, you sourpuss obsessive compulsive . . .
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:16 am
Tsk tsk, more four-letter words. Not my kind of humour.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:36 am
Laughing Sourpuss, obsessive and compulsive are not four-letter words.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:53 am
Anyone who insults others has no sense of humour.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:54 am
Apart from being an unsupportable contention, that statement infers that you would recognize a sense of humor--for which proposition, these fora provide no evidence.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:01 am
I suspected that Setanta had his tongue firmly implanted in his cheek when he issued that fake insult. You big faker!
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:03 am
Set, you should get: The complete Cartoons of The New Yorker. That is the very best of American humour. 68 647 cartoons. It would lighten you up a bit.
Lecturing others is not becoming to a clever little man like you. Smile for a change.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:56 am
I've been smiling all along, you were the one who decided to **** on the thread with another diatribe complete with links. It is so obvious that you missed the point from the outset. You demonstrate constantly that you are only able to see the world in terms of political controversy, all the while displaying a complete lack of a sense of proportion and judgment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:30 am
Humor often depends on a victim -- what else is new? The humorless person will take it seriously even if it really isn't meant as anymore than a harmless dig. Sensitive today?

I have to admit that the topic and the obvious tongue-in-cheek nature of Setanta's first post was an overt clue that this wasn't a serious thread. The postings, once again ad nauseum, of the reaction to the stupid cartoons doesn't quite fit into the program.

It is difficult without voice inflection and body english to determine if someone is, in good humor, proding at one's ego. We all have one -- learn to live with it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:31 am
It's those who claim they don't have an ego and are always sensitive to the feelings of others I worry about. For one thing, I strongly suspect they are lying.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 11:37 am
Lightwizard wrote:
For one thing, I strongly suspect they are lying.

Change that suspicion to certainty, and i'm right there with ya . . .
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 12:28 pm
d.i. wrote-

Quote:
Anyone who insults others has no sense of humour.

Hey d.i.-did you see blacksmithn's recent post directed at little ol' me.If you're right he must be very po-faced indeed.

Besides signifying a humour malfunction it also suggests having nothing to say coupled with a thrumming desire to blurt something out which is easy to do.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:07 pm
Rules:
4) Vulgar speech is not tolerated. Vulgarisms may be deleted or edited, and may result in a warning or eventual removal of the member from the site.
5) Lively debate is accepted, and even encouraged, but personal attacks are not. Active topics and heated debate are welcome in the Able2Know service. However, personal attacks are a direct violation of this Agreement and are grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the service.
spendius, posters who lauch verbal attacks are losing credibility. Vulgar insult are bad form. We are here to discuss and debate.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:09 pm
It is also bad form to play the martyr game where no attacks exist.
0 Replies