There Just one thing to be say for about dutch

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 03:15 am
We (dutch) wear Not Wooden Shoes, We don't Smell, ANd what is the world with out Dutch? Nothing!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,256 • Replies: 37
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:56 am
Dunno as I'd go as far as to say the world without the Dutch would be nothing, but I'll certainly acknowledge the Dutch have made significant contributions to the human experience - gin and Xaviera Hollander come immediately to mind.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:33 am
Lets not forget tulips.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:36 am
And Edam. And Gouda. And a most civilized attitude toward the use of certain herbs, even in public places.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:39 am
Did someone already mention windmills, Klompen and red light districts?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:39 am
Eh, tulpits I wanted to write, and kaas.
0 Replies

Dutch Girl

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:40 am
timberlandko wrote:
Dunno as I'd go as far as to say the world without the Dutch would be nothing, but I'll certainly acknowledge the Dutch have made significant contributions to the human experience - gin and Xaviera Hollander come immediately to mind.

Wazzaaa Laughing
0 Replies

Dutch Girl

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:41 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

o please that is old, Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:08 am
Dutch Girl !!! wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

o please that is old, Rolling Eyes

Depends on ...

Well, straat- en kermisorgels then, like this one in Hoorn (photographed last December).

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4632/streetorganfronthoorn5oj.th.jpg
0 Replies

Dutch Girl

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:05 am
The Netherlands is more than just wooden shoes and Windmills, Tulips, Cheese and boys with their finger in a Dike. Holland in the 21st century is not only famous because of their Flowers but also for the high-tech industries like Philips, Unilever, Akzo, Shell and other multinational companies. The Dutch are also an important investor in cities like New York (Manhattan) and other cities and Countries all over the world.

Holland and the Sea (North sea)

Almost 50 % of our Country lies beneath sea level so we live whole our live with water all around and millions of people live beneath sea-level,

We Dutch have always fought the North-Sea and are experts in building dikes, windmills and waterworks. We reclaimed a lot of land from the Sea and were mostly victorious but sometimes we lost the fight, also in the 20th century. One of the most frightening event was the Flood of 1953.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:10 am
Well, I'm Dutch and I make a point of wearing my wooden shoes to work every day. They may be uncomfortable, but one should honor one's country's traditions. I also stick a piece of Gouda cheese under my lip every night before I go to sleep so I will smell appropriately. I know it's not much, but I believe everyone should do what he can to promote authentic Dutch culture, whereever he is. They made me take off my Ruud Gullit-cap (with the fake dreadlocks) though.
0 Replies

Dutch Girl

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:13 am
nimh wrote:
Well, I'm Dutch and I make a point of wearing my wooden shoes to work every day. They may be uncomfortable, but one should honor one's country's traditions. I also stick a piece of Gouda cheese under my lip every night before I go to sleep so I will smell appropriately. I know it's not much, but I believe everyone should do what he can to promote authentic Dutch culture, whereever he is. They made me take off my Ruud Gullit-cap (with the fake dreadlocks) though.

Wear you wooden shoes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dutch: Ben je een Boer?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
So good to see someone still clinging to the old traditions, nimh. And do you take a little gin for an eye-opener in the morning, too?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:26 am
I suppose one of the most bright regions in Europe is the Netherlands.
(Is this the symbol of prosperity or waste? Cool)

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0512/eunight2_pv.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:27 am
Dutch Girl !!! wrote:

Dutch: Ben je een Boer?

Nimh is the only producer of lekker erwtensöp in Hungary as well as of krokettjes met sausje, but he doesn't grow the stuff himself - at least that's what I think.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:43 am
I thought Netherlands was Michael Jackson's theme park. So it's actually a country then? Who knew?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:45 am
I wear them all the time. They hurt my feet, are noisy, and don't last too long, but Oh! the style.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:35 am
True Roger, true - nothing as classy as a pair of good wooden shoes. None of those Prada design wooden shoes, mind you - just the authentic stuff!

Walter - I grow my own mayo.
0 Replies

Dutch Girl

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:27 am
Netherlands4ever

Quote:
Nimh is the only producer of lekker erwtensöp in Hungary as well as of krokettjes met sausje, but he doesn't grow the stuff himself - at least that's what I think.

ErwtenSoep :wink:

I most say, Netherlands is a strange country, i want to go to Japan, But I stay By Holland

Dutch : Ik moet wel zeggen, Nederland is een raar Land, ik wil liever naar Japan, Maar ik blijf in Nederland
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:00 am
Actually and since you point at it so often in various threads: provincie Noord-Holland or Zuid-Holland?
0 Replies