DOES CHRISTIANITY OPPRESSES WOMEN...Find the TRUTH....

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:29 am
See this verses about Christianity on Women and then look down to see what Islam says about Women..

CHRISTIANITY

Quote:
Silent and Obedient

There are far too many Biblical quotations denigrating women to list all of them here. The following are some examples: (New International Version)

"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." (Genesis 3:16)

"If, however, the charge is not true and no proof of the girls virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her fathers house and there the men of the town shall stone her to death." (Deut. 22:20-21)

The Lord said to Moses, "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." (Num. 31:17)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord...Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Eph. 5:22-24)

"Women should remain silent in churches. They are not allowed to speak; but must be in submission as the Law says." (I Cor. 14:34-35)

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner." (I Tim. 2:11-14)

"The head of every man is Christ, and the head of every woman is man." (I Cor. 11:3)

"For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (I Cor. 11:8-9)

ISLAM:

Read what ISLAM says about WOMEN here

Read and understand please and compare for yourself...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 12
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 11:46 am
verse schmerses-look around the real world-the plight of Islamic women is to cry for
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 11:51 am
This member is too wrapped up in scriptural fantasy to heed the realities of the world.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 11:54 am
ok set...I'll refuse the bait
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:36 pm
panzade, I suspect set is referring to dalahow, who is quoting the scriptural fantasies, not you.

dalahow, you repeatedly quote books as if they somehow described the real world. They don't. Other Muslims defend their restrictions on women by quoting other verses. They are Muslims as well as you, and since there are several hundred million of them, and only one of you, I'd say their views and their Koranic defenses represent the mainstream far more than you do, however much, futilely, you may argue otherwise. That is why no one takes you seriously.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
Arguing which traditional religion is worse toward women is an exercise in meaningless rhetoric or bias, take your pick.

They all suck in this regard. I have spoken!
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:55 pm
And spoken truly,, D'art.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:58 pm
Ramen d't
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
why noodles?
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:02 pm
Ramen?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:04 pm
username wrote:
Ramen?

It's a ritualistic response employed in the Church of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter--one of those "you had to be there" kinda things . . .

Ahem . . .
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:15 pm
What islam says about women is meaningless. The atrocious treatment of women by islam speaks volumes.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:36 pm
username wrote:
panzade, I suspect set is referring to dalahow, who is quoting the scriptural fantasies, not you.

oh I understood set alright...I think he(set) was saying..."don't waste your time"
0 Replies