CalamityJane wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
This I have never heard of?

People can carry loans themselves?

And life insurance to match a loan?

where would I look to learn about this?
That sounds realllllllly great..

Yes, if a seller is willing to carry the loan, then
you could discuss with him the collaterals (life insurance).

Ask your realtor, they should know who of the potential
sellers is willing to take a private loan.

That sounds a lot like what they call "lease purchase" here. Basically, you are paying rent, but the rent goes toward a mortgage. The downside is that, unlike owning, if you move in 5 years, that money is gone. The upside is, your credit doesn't have to be as good.

When I was in Mass, they called it "Rent to own". This would be something worth looking into.

((((((((((((((((Shewolf))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:22 pm
Your house just isn't ready yet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:28 pm
Yes, having gotten help, and been denied helps ALOT.
And unfortunatly, it was with the one major free assistance place here in texas.

They have what is called a 'gaf-gar?" "gaff-tar?" score.
It is a funny abbreviation for what it means..
any way

This score is based on how you are coping. With questions like " are you homeless?"

Well.. technically no.I have a home to live in. It isnt mine. And without it, i couldnt afford to live any where else, so essentially I am homeless.. but technically I am not..

And with questions like THAT I score too high to get more services then I have gotten.
That was what cut me off.

They ( the program ) have alot to handle. They had to cut back some where, so those of us who have more 'common' illnesses that can be seen as a personal problem ( believe it or not ) are dismissed.
yes. I have been told that , in the memo's about the cut backs that depression was seen as more of a personal CHOICE then a mental illness.

Last I checked, depression was due to the lack of seratonin. A chemical that the body creates. And not something a person has control over.

But hoop-ditty-fuk. Nothing I can do 'bout that.

So, our next plan of action, sadly.. is to marry for insurance.
He can get insurance through U.T. that will cover me, but at a 300 dollar a month loss.
We will go from 1500 a month to 1200.

This will give me coverage I need, medication to deal with this problem, and a doctor to back up my depression to social security.

I just hoped that our marriage / wedding would be for other reasons then financial and insurance.
Oh well. No biggie.

There are alot of sliding scale treatments that are available. A few of wich I am on the waiting list for.
The shortest one being 9 months , the longest one being almost 3 years. I have my 'feelers' out there for assistance... it is just a long waiting process.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:28 pm
squinney wrote:
Your house just isn't ready yet.

Thats what Im thinking..

some mansion , in the hills , with its own private lake and boat dock, just isnt done yet..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:29 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I am wiggling now......

Thats an awfully hairy finger you got there Me'Lord... Shocked
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:32 pm
But of course you'll be marrying for other reasons. You live them every day for so long now. I think it's something to rejoice, unless, well, you don't want to be married to your man or whatnot... but that don't seem to be so. Your situation is tense, but not hopeless. You're doing great, whenever in doubt, just look back at your posts from few months ago and you'll have a great perspective on where you are on your path. You just need to take another breath, as you're running out of it, and start running again. It's natural to have burnouts on a marathon of this scope.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:36 pm
I have to marry him sometime..

sh!t.. He is paid for , for christs sake..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:36 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:38 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
It's natural to have burnouts on a marathon of this scope.

I like that statement.
it makes perfect sense, and when I think about it like that.. I dont feel so heavy on myself.

thanks for the words.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:48 pm
Nice post, dag.

Sending Shewolf <<<<hugs>>>>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 01:58 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
...So, our next plan of action, sadly.. is to marry for insurance.
He can get insurance through U.T. that will cover me, but at a 300 dollar a month loss.
We will go from 1500 a month to 1200.

This will give me coverage I need, medication to deal with this problem, and a doctor to back up my depression to social security.

I just hoped that our marriage / wedding would be for other reasons then financial and insurance.
Oh well. No biggie. ....

When we got married, I was out of work. So, technically, I suppose it was for the insurance. Except, yanno, we kinda love each other. Like you and Mr. Wolf (Ian? I want to get his name right) love each other.

The insurance is just a fringe benefit. The love, honor and commitment are the driving force and the real reason. Big freakin' deal that you get other things with it (I also got 2 more syllables attached to my name and a nice set of silverware from my aunt L___. But I didn't marry RP for those things. I married RP for RP.).

You'll get married because you love one another. And the other stuff is just ... stuff. Necessary stuff, to be sure. But look at it this way, it's just the federal government's loving way of saying, "Vows, shmows, we wanna give you a tax break and some benefits!" Smile

I know nothing about applying for disability but I do know a bit about saving money. I'm sure you know many if not most or even all of these things, but here goes, a few suggestions (plus I know your mil pays for some of these, but here goes) -
* Make gifts
* Sew
* Clip coupons, but watch prices carefully as generics without coupons can often be less expensive than regular items even with the coupon. If you save $5 per week, that's about $250 per year, after taxes. My personal goal is to average at least $10/week (I currently average more like $15 - 18/week).
* Sell stuff on eBay (e. g. baby clothes that Bean is out of).
* Learn basic home and car repairs so that you can live without a plumber or the like, for smaller stuff
* Pay bills online to save stamps, and as close to the due date as you can, so that you get a little more interest on your money
* Balance your checkbook and keep it balanced. Know where all cash goes.
* Justify your expenses, withdrawals, etc. Instead of $40 cash, it should be, $5 lunch on Monday, $2 soda and chips on Tuesday, $20 gas on Wednesday, $10 drug store copay on Thursday, $5 lunch on Friday or whatever. Once you've broken it down, you'll see where you can save.
* Walk or bike to close places, particularly if it's a destination/errand where you don't need to carry much. Of course, only do this in good neighborhoods. This will help with gas expenses, if you can make it so that you fill the tank every 8th day instead of every 7th, you'll fill your gas tank 6 or 7 fewer times per year. Here, in Mass., at current prices, that's about $150 - $200/year, after taxes.
* Combine errands to save gas. Try not to shop all over town.
* Turn down the heat and put on a sweater.
* Leave the a/c for when it's really unbearably hot. Try going to the public library when it's really hot, and enjoy their a/c for free, or the mall. Or the frozen food section. Any will do.
* Turn off your computer at night when you are not using it.

I hope these help.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:23 pm
Jes
Awesome money saving stategies.

I'm gonna print that and put it on my fridge :-D
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 12:12 pm
Round 2

I found another program we qualify for and have spent the last 4 weeks working on credit issues and putting away some more money.

I just gave our info this morning in a phone conference with the lender of the Revitalization Authority , a housing project here in austin.

Im crossing my fingers that I have dotted our I's and crossed our T's enough that it shows on our credit and he is able to whip something up for us.
Very Happy

So, chant with me everyone

HOooooooo-mmmmmeee
HOooooooo-mmmmmeee
HOooooooo-mmmmmeee
HOooooooo-mmmmmeee
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 12:17 pm
Hooooome
Hooooome
Hooooome
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 12:29 pm
Hoooooooommmmm
Hoooooooommmmm
Hoooooooommmmm
Hoooooooommmmm
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 01:12 pm
Huuuuuiiiiiiss
Huuuuuiiiiiiss
Huuuuuiiiiiiss
Huuuuuiiiiiiss

(thats "home" in Dutch)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 01:13 pm
DDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

DDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMM

DDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMM
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 01:23 pm
CASA
CASA
CASA
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 02:10 pm
now
now
now
now
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No home for us.
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 04:22:19