No home for us.

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
It isnt as suck ass as it feels.
I mean, I wasnt told NO when it comes to getting a home, it is just that we need to work MORE on our credit.
And I was really floating high on the " house is on the way" idea that ( my fault ) I sort of slacked in my account work.
If I would have kept it up at the pace I am right now, we may BE in a home.. or close to

But the more i think about it, the more I realize that we need that disability BEFORE we go anywhere for more then 600 a month.
Because we couldnt afford ourselves.

So.. whats that silly saying...
Maybe it is a blessing in disguise?
or something corny like that..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:31 am
shewolfnm wrote:
my depression is very bad. I have had many doctors work with me on it, and before, have been given some serious medication for it.
but most of the times, people are not accepting to 'depression' as a mental disorder. Many think it is something that just comes and goes and you often get told to 'buck up' and do something about it

Are you working with anyone on this now?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:37 am
I am so sorry to hear that shewolf, but don't give up.
There are plenty of different avenues you can take.
Sellers sometimes carry a loan privately, or you'll find
a bank that takes a risk if you're willing to get a life
insurance for the amount of the property.

Try to contact some lenders yourself and see what
requirements they have - don't give up!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:38 am
J_B wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
my depression is very bad. I have had many doctors work with me on it, and before, have been given some serious medication for it.
but most of the times, people are not accepting to 'depression' as a mental disorder. Many think it is something that just comes and goes and you often get told to 'buck up' and do something about it

Are you working with anyone on this now?

I almost laughed out loud..
but no.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:40 am
CalamityJane wrote:

Sellers sometimes carry a loan privately, or you'll find
a bank that takes a risk if you're willing to get a life
insurance for the amount of the property.

This I have never heard of?

People can carry loans themselves?

And life insurance to match a loan?

where would I look to learn about this?
That sounds realllllllly great..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:41 am
Well, laughing out loud is good Smile

Is there a mental health clinic you can call? You know as well as I do, that there are no bootstraps to pull up and how hard it is to deal with the other issues when you're depressed.

Besides, being in treatment is another way to show the mental disability.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:43 am
Listening...
hugs Shewolfnm..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:49 am
I laughed because, no, I dont have anyone..
and I have exhausted all of my city funded resources in finding help.

We have a place called MHMR ( mental health mental rehab) that is government funded.

Big catch-
You can only qualify for thier services if you have a diagnosis that they treat.
Depression NOT being one of them.
Schitzophrenia? yeah..
but if you are DEPRESSED with schitzo.. then no.

Texas is ass backwards when it comes to helping mental issues, bull headed when it comes to legal problems.

>gr<
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:54 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I have exhausted all of my city funded resources in finding help.

Meaning you were getting help but have reached a limit on what they will cover, or have not been able to find anything that will give you support?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:55 am
shewolfnm wrote:

Yes, if a seller is willing to carry the loan, then
you could discuss with him the collaterals (life insurance).

Ask your realtor, they should know who of the potential
sellers is willing to take a private loan.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:57 am
My sister carried a mortgage for a house she once sold.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:57 am
Shewolf--

Sorry your present life is chock-a-block with character building experiences.

Quote:

Reality is reality and reality is often uncomfortable--but you always have choices. You're entitled to one morning every month of wallowing in despair (unfortunately, with Bean in your care, you can't have a full morning--more like 75 minutes).

A Woman Permanently Mired in Gloom and Doom wouldn't have been able to negotiate successfully with the collection agency.

J_B is right. Get thee to a Mental Health Practioner, Go! Documentation will help your disability claim. Treatment may help the depression. Frugal living is never easy and it is much harder when you're self-indulgent because of depression.

Meanwhile, hold your dominion.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:06 am
Listen to Noddy. She's a smart cookie.

Been there done that, and wouldn't trade the "character building experiences" for anything.

Bean needs you strong and healthy. Get the help you need somehow, someway.

I'm sending hugs your way. Wish they could be in person.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:08 am
Shouldn't proof that you've sought, and been denied, treatment carry some weight?

<mumbling>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:23 am
CalamityJane wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

Yes, if a seller is willing to carry the loan, then
you could discuss with him the collaterals (life insurance).

Ask your realtor, they should know who of the potential
sellers is willing to take a private loan.

That sounds a lot like what they call "lease purchase" here. Basically, you are paying rent, but the rent goes toward a mortgage. The downside is that, unlike owning, if you move in 5 years, that money is gone. The upside is, your credit doesn't have to be as good.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:28 am
My sister was willing to carry the mortgage because they didn't need the cash out of the house to buy another place. They were retiring, down-sizing and could afford to pay their own living expenses and carry the mortgage on the old house as an investment.

Lease-purchase is another way to do it. Both require finding the right seller, but both are doable.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:34 am
Well now, I had no idea you suffered from depression woman!

You certainly put your best foot forward here in A2K. You're a bright little light in our world!

I haven't heard everything you are up to in life but, having heard snippets here and there about house-hunting, managing finances, paying off bills, fixing your credit, being self-employed, being turned down for jobs (those bastards ... said in South Park style), taking care of bean, putting up with an uncomfortable home-life with M-I-L, I am relieved (yes relieved) to hear you are human and get tired and stressed. I would be in a BOX in your same position. I am such a complete stress-avoider that I have gasped at all the responsibilities that are on your young shoulders.

Woman, I think you are doing marvelously well coping and being able to chuckle here and there and still have your fantastic sense of humor!

I am not very learned on depression at all so I have no idea what or who could help you although I am sure you have no finances to get professional help. I feel for you on that.

I send all the good vibes in your direction because you really do need them. I have no doubt that your smartness and doggedness will push you forward and forward until you ease into a better place - physically, mentally, emotionally. Pity there's no free mental health thingies in Texas, something, anything would be great.
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bighug.gif
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:44 am
Hang in there, girl. It is frustrating. I, too, had to postpone house-buying plans, looks like it will happen next year, maybe. If I actually do good on saving up. Sigh.

It will all work out for you, I am sure of it. Just needs nerves of steel and an occasional outburst of despair - to remain sane.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:58 am
Shewolf, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a setback.

First off, I thought about hopping on a plane and coming over there, in order to give you one of my special back rubs. Then I realised that your partner of the male variety might be a bit bigger than me, so I have decided to wiggle my gooly finger in your general direction.

This is an old English custom, which brings forth good luck. I have consulted my compass and atlas, and have worked out that a directional waggling of West by Southwest should do the trick.

I am wiggling now.....you may experience a slight dizziness in about ten minutes, but this will be followed by an urge to either have a large bar of chocolate, or to ravage your partner in such a way that he will think it's his birthday.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:18 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Shewolf--

Sorry your present life is chock-a-block with character building experiences.

Quote:

Reality is reality and reality is often uncomfortable--but you always have choices. You're entitled to one morning every month of wallowing in despair (unfortunately, with Bean in your care, you can't have a full morning--more like 75 minutes).

A Woman Permanently Mired in Gloom and Doom wouldn't have been able to negotiate successfully with the collection agency.

J_B is right. Get thee to a Mental Health Practioner, Go! Documentation will help your disability claim. Treatment may help the depression. Frugal living is never easy and it is much harder when you're self-indulgent because of depression.

Meanwhile, hold your dominion.

This has been more of a lesson on laziness then I care to admit.

If I had stayed on top of my credit 'fixing' I may not be as far behind in the house approval process I am right now.

In my favor though.. I have taken care of a lot.
Just not enough to warrant the cloud 9 I have been riding on.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No home for us.
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 04:21:29