No home for us.

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 07:58 am
Nope.
not for us.

I feel like I am about to just crack. I feel trapped, pissed, anxious, frustrated, dissappointed.. you name it.

I cant handle all of these feelings at once.

What used to be letters from the man we are working with to get a house
" You guys wil fit right into ____blah blah___ program and could get __ blah blah__ assistance. So lets say a home is coming! "

Has turned into ( and this is directly from the bomb letter I just got..

Quote:
Hi Melissa,

I've been meaning to drop you a note so you won't be thinking that
I've forgotten about you. I've pretty much exhausted our options with
regard
to conventional lenders.
>snip<
I've also found a couple of investment groups that do lease purchase
arrangements, but I haven't gotten enough information to figure out if
that's something that will be helpful or not. The ones that I have
talked to
expect you to make the down payment
>snip<
If you're successful in getting your
disability, that should boost you up to around $900.00 per month. If we
can
get your credit scores up, we might be able to find something that will
work
for you.
I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm running out of ideas to
pursue. If you can get qualified with ACORN, I'll be more than happy to
help
with whatever I can. I'll also keep checking on the grant and other
housing
assistance programs to see when they have new money available.

yeah yeah yeah, I know. That isnt a complete dismissal.
but, it is.

You see, we have just a tad over 3 thousand in a savings account.

And we will not see that amount of money again until next tax season.

We need to work on credit issues , but we dont have money handy to do so. I can set up payment plans.. yes.. but that means we will be stuck here another 6 months, if not longer.
Unless we DONT touch credit and use our money to put to a home.

But we CANT do that until we work on our credit.

I know this doesnt sound like a desperate situation, but it damn well feels like it.
being in this house is damaging our relationship, in a bad way. I have been so incredibaly depressed over the last 2 years that I dont think I am the same person anymore.
I feel out of control living in the wrath of mil . And I have no way out.
im drowning in this heavy fear that we cant get out. That we are stuck under her feet and i just cant take that.
I have not cried this hard in years, and it feel like the more i cry, the more desperate I feel . I hate feeling so helpless and so stranded that I cant breathe.

im blinded with this stress and am not quite sure what to do next.
Use all of our savings to repair all credit issues?
then that leaves us with no money for a down payment or closing costs.

But this plan of action WILL get our credit up to par soon, and we could reasonably be out of here quicker.. ? maybe..

or, set up payment plans, pay little by little and save our money?

today i am going to call socialsecurity, start hammering them about my disability application. Maybe that can stir up some bees in that hive

Next, i am going to call 2 collection agencies and settle.
Theses 2 really small bills, if I play my cards right, will only set me back about 80 bucks wich I make right back tonight and tomorrow night at work. So no need to dip into savings

Then I think I need to take a walk or something.
i dont know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,810 • Replies: 75
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:09 am
damn, keep us informed
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:15 am
Sorry to hear about the setback, shewolf. I know how badly you want a home of your own. All I can say is, hang in there. The guy sounds like he is willing to keep trying. A lease purchase sounds promising -- maybe explore that angle. Keep at it, it may take a while, but there is a house for you. It WILL happen. It just might take longer than you can comfortably bear.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:19 am
oh, mark is awesome.
he has done nothing but hunt for us.
Got us into free credit classes, taught us about diffrent programs out there...
I mean I cant sing his praises enough.

i just feel like I slammed into a brick wall at 70 miles an hour..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:21 am
I can only speak to your disability application, as we went through that.

you probably know this already, but maybe it's good to hear again...

whatever you do, don't drop the ball with any deadlines you have for getting stuff in to them, or else you'll go back to square one, and will get no retro payments.

sorry if I haven't kept up with your other posts, so again, this might have been brought up already....

here's how the system works as far a getting disability...

You apply, wait forever, and then, get denied. They hope you will give up....you don't....you appeal and put the the application back into the system....then.....you will get denied a 2nd time.....they pretty much expect you to give up.....you don't.

After your 2nd denial, you call an attorneys office....you know the one that advertises here all the time? Last name Richardson.....go to him....

They take all the information and reapply for you and take over from there...again, you wait......they get a % of what your first lump sum will be, with a limit of something like $3,000. Money well spent, believe me. Finally, because the attorneys now in the works, and one hand washes the other, you'll get approved and receive a big lump sum payment and then start to get your regular monthly payments.

The downside....all this will take over a year, maybe a year and a half.

If you go to an attorney BEFORE being denied the 2nd time, you've blown your wad.....don't do it.

You read people really well......here's what happened when we went to the first appt at the disability place....(it was my husband applying)...the caseworker was pretty cool....she took all the info from us, and then started to explain the process.
Some caseworkers might have phrased it like this "if your case gets denied, you can reapply...."

The way SHE put it was...."WHEN your case gets denied (long meaningful look in the eye), MAKE SURE you reapply within...." then she said "THE SECOND TIME your case gets denied (long meaningful look in the eye) you can appeal the decision through an attorney.....

When we left there, and I was discussing with my husband, he TOTALLY hadn't picked up the way she said that....I totally believe it I hadn't been there, he would have given up after the first denial.

Funny, my husbands cardiologist, when my husb said he was applying for disability and needed documentation said...."Oh good, you'll pay $3,000 and get your disability in a year and a half"

So, it's just the way it is. It's all a big game. Patience pays off.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:33 am
you used richardson?

>making notes<

a year and a half.

that slammed me into another wall.

ok. patience.
Ill give you 2 dollars for some right now..

we got a deal?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:05 am
yeah sure...sorry to slam you into the wall...but at least you know the truth.

go ahead and call the state, but seriously, don't expect to get anywhere.

They will drag everything out until the last day they need to do something. you know how it is.

oh...have you been to their doctors yet? they'll want to look at you....

we provided all this medical info, blah, blah blah...but one of the people they wanted him to see was a psychologist, as because, seriously, when his physical condition was more acute, there was short term memory loss…..

Anyway, again they let me go with him…the psychologist is asking him all these questions about what he's doing all day, who's the president, etc.

Then, he asked him "what did you have for breakfast?" Now, K never eats breakfast before 2pm, so of course he said "nothing" That's when I looked over and said, "yes you did" and looked at the psychologist like "see what I have to live with? Can't even remember that he ate 2 hours ago…sheesh"

Psychologist: tap tap tap on laptop….tap tap tap.

When we got our copy of the report sent to the State….YESSSSS! He came across as a senile old fart….yay!

(BTW, when we were walking back to the car from the appt, K asks me "did I eat breakfast?")
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:13 am
It depends somewhat on the condition. I had a relatively painless experience when I went on SSI -- "you're deaf?" "Yep, see, here's the audiogram from my doc," "Oh, OK." (Simplifying, yes.)

Other conditions, you have to jump through a million hoops. Just gotta persevere.

When did you start the process of trying to get SSI/ SSDI (and which one?)?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:22 am
both.

I have been diagnosed with major depression , and I have burcitus in my hips that limits my movement.

Depression is subjective, but I applied for it using that as a reason ANYWAY so that I could get it some how.
The burcitus is tricky.
If I get a scan when my leg literally wont move, then it is obvious.
If it is fine, then you cant tell by ct scan.
My joints swell after the smallest amount of activity that results in little to no movement in my right hip, less so in my left.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:28 am
but....you're so depressed you can't get out of bed to pursue gainful employment....right?

There are days when just taking care of little bean is overwhelming, and you rely heavily on your MIL to help.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:31 am
Sorry things are such crap, shewolf. No advice other than to say keep talking and maybe seek out a credit counselor (unless that's what Mark is) to give you some ideas on the best way to use the moneys you have to best accomplish the goal of qualifying for a house.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:33 am
my depression is very bad. I have had many doctors work with me on it, and before, have been given some serious medication for it.
but most of the times, people are not accepting to 'depression' as a mental disorder. Many think it is something that just comes and goes and you often get told to 'buck up' and do something about it
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:35 am
Mark has been everything and all we could ever need.
He is just a realtor.
But he HAS and still is a credit counselor of sorts.
he gives us tools to use when working with creditors, free credit reports as we make our payments to them..

he has been wonderful . No doubt about it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:46 am
well,
i can cross off one of my daily goals.

I just settled an account for 42.80.
It WAS 297.

>sigh<
im supposed to feel better. But I dont
I am feeling like I dont want to call anyone else because I dont want to part with my money..

i feel like scrooge. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:59 am
I think you really have the right idea, shewolf, just keep plugging and eventually you'll get there -- "eventually" sucks, but it's better than "never," right?

And I think you can have some impact on the outcome -- the harder you work to settle debts, for example, the sooner "eventually" comes.

Good luck!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:01 am
Damn shewolf, sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:01 am
Good going, shewolf. That's money well spent -- it'll bring you closer to the house.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:05 am
Aww, Shewolf, that sucks big. I'm so sorry.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:06 am
shewolfnm wrote:
well,
i can cross off one of my daily goals.

I just settled an account for 42.80.
It WAS 297.

>sigh<
im supposed to feel better. But I dont
I am feeling like I dont want to call anyone else because I dont want to part with my money..

i feel like scrooge. Laughing

damn girl, that's only 15% of what you owed!

that's terrific!

all these are little victories...Rome wasn't built in a day you know.
Each victory is marble in the jar...keep putting those beauties in the jar, and before you know it, it's filled up.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 10:08 am
It pays to call a creditor in a bitchy irritated mood.

I was quite simple with him.

I have 40 bucks. I need to pay ( blah blah account )
Will you take that and close it?

No?

You dont want my money? Amazing.. I thought you lived off of commissions.. or am I forgetting something?

Come on. I have a 2 year old child at my feet who needs her diaper changed. If you wont take the offer I make, then I will call back later and talk to someone who will.. Thanks! Bye!

OH WAIT MISS!!! MISS!!!!! Dont hang up.

> AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA<
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No home for us.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 02:15:38