For Musicians

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:33 pm
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3060/theloglp5dm.jpg

Paul was unsatisfied by the electric guitars that were sold in the mid 1930s and began experimenting with a few designs of his own. Famously, he created The Log which was nothing more than a length of common "4 by 4" fence post with bridge, guitar neck, and pickup attached. For appearances he attached the body of an Epiphone jazz guitar, sawn lengthwise with The Log in the middle. This solved his two main problems - feedback, as the acoustic body no longer resonated with the amplified sound, and sustain, as the energy of the strings was not dissipated in generating sound through the guitar body.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:37 pm
Hey Amigo you got my humors. Now all I have to do is convert you into a godless oversexed heathen and you'll be a R&R star, just like me!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:47 pm
Chumly wrote:
Hey Amigo you got my humors. Now all I have to do is convert you into a godless oversexed heathen and you'll be a R&R star, just like me!
Sex and R&R?!? You just did.I play a mean triangle. When do I start?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 04:25 pm
Panzade, Ohhh man thats nice. Maybe we can borrow it. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:15 pm
i THINK IT'S IN THE rOCK & rOLL hALL oF fAME...IF i'M NOT MISTAKEN..
.see what happens when you leave the caps on?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:26 pm
http://www.guitarmachine.com/Home%20page%20white%20photo.jpg

http://www.guitarmachine.com/machineontiles1.jpg

About the Machine I invented and built the first Guitar Machine in Tucson in 1994 and since then have built three more versions, each time making it more playable and more portable (for playing on the street, in subways, etc...). The machine, often compared to a Rube Goldberg sculpture, consists of an acoustic guitar, a bass guitar and a cowbell all suspended in a copper pipe frame. I play all three instruments by depressing pedals with both of my feet. There are no computers or anything like that involved, it's all mechanical. The pedals pull strings that cause several different movements on the machine, strings get plucked, capo things go up and down, a golf ball hits the cowbell, the "Pretty Polly" doll dances, etc...
- Eric Royer
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:34 pm
Some people have too much time on their hands...
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:18 pm
wow...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:05 pm
I just found out i'm not talking about the topic at all.
I thought this thread was for musicians to talk about whatever. Opps
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:43 am
threads have a way of...unraveling...they go where people take them
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 08:05 am
Sorry, C.S. I misread your thread as well, but it's just variations on a theme. <smile>

How about songs that you would like to play, but can't find?

http://www.smu.edu/totw/keybrd2.gif

Still looking for a Japenese song and although satt helped with one, he wasn't quite certain of another.

melody line; key of C.

c c a g e c a(below middle C) c.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 11:50 am
Yeah we can just make this thread about anything musicians want to talk about, anything goes
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 03:56 pm
It always comes back to pussy, but talking about solos; I like playing legato lines with tons of sustain (not distortion) on the verge of feedback (acoustic feedback not magnetic) with good vibrato control. I like to stay away from the abused pentatonic.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
I'm with you on that...except I add a little reverb and a pinch of echo
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:39 pm
I try to play without heavy influence, really bringing my own sound in. For me that means the heaviest effects I use are my wah and the tube amp.

There's so many sounds that can be found on the electric guitar that people don't really know about yet.

Think about how young the instrument really is. Fender is celebrating its 60th anniversary, how long have things like violins, horns etc.

The classical acoustic guitar has been around, but the changes to the electric are enough to really add some things not yet discovered.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:46 pm
Right you are my Brian Moore had the usual magnetic Duncans as well as piezo and hex out for guitar synth.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:12 pm
Letty wrote:
How about songs that you would like to play, but can't find?

http://www.smu.edu/totw/keybrd2.gif

Still looking for a Japenese song and although satt helped with one, he wasn't quite certain of another.

melody line; key of C.

c c a g e c a(below middle C) c.

"do do la sol mi do la do" .. Nice theme. But I am sorry, Letty, I don't know whether it is a Japanese song or not. Confused
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:18 pm
Ah, Thank you, satt. It is, but all I can here is the music in my head. I think it may have been done in Japanese as well. Hmmm. Maybe my sister, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:16 pm
must be "Sukiyaki"
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:27 pm
panzade wrote:
must be "Sukiyaki"

Yes, I've rememberd it! Here is a MIDI file.
0 Replies