Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
What exactly would you call the belief system practiced by King Solomon, in regards to the Greater and Lesser keys of Solomon?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,413 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:00 am
The Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon?
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:06 am
yes. i recently ran across them on a web page. they are books supposedly written by King Solomon depicting his rituals involving the summoning of angels and demons it seems. i have not had a chance to look in depth at them so i am not for sure what all they entail. to be honest, i really doubt that they were written by king solomon anyways.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:07 am
Ok, do you have a link? I'd love to look it up myself. Then maybe we can chat. Laughing
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:10 am
i just googled it and found where you can get the all of the greater and lesser keys. the site is here , just scroll down to Grimoires and it will be on the left hand side. but just a warning they are quite lengthy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:13 am
Thanks crimsontriad. I'll read it and get back with you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:15 am
A grimoire is a manual for summoning demons. Do not discount the possibility that someone is pulling your leg something fierce . . .
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:24 am
oh, i am not by any means saying i believe in it. i was just wondering if there was any particular term for such a belief system or if it just lumped in to the general "occult" classification.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:11 pm
How about 'credulity'?
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:13 pm
neologist wrote:
How about 'credulity'?

hahaha Laughing ....true...but not necessarily what i was looking for.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:17 pm
OK, just seeing where you were coming from. Smile
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:26 am
Are you all referring to the prophet Solomon who had control over the jinn and animals alike?
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:55 am
im not sure if he was considered a prophet(at least in christianity), however, it is believed that Jesus is his descendant. in the Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon it talks of his dealings with conjuring angels and demons.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:24 am
neologist wrote:
How about 'credulity'?

Always a pertinent question when the subject is even remotely connected to religion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:26 am
Raul is one of the Muslim boys around here. I find it hilarious that the adherent of a religion which is willing to kill those deemed pagan manages to believe in the djinni--evil spirits. Rather seems contradictory among such fierce monotheists.
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 01:09 pm
Setanta wrote:
I find it hilarious that the adherent of a religion which is willing to kill those deemed pagan manages to believe in the djinni--evil spirits. Rather seems contradictory among such fierce monotheists.

puritan christians did the whole witch trial thing and most christians do believe in demons or some form of the fallen angels. so there really isnt a whole lot of difference when you get right down to it.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:49 pm
Although the title indicates that the author of this grimoire is the biblical King Solomon, it was probably written in the 13th Century A.D. S. Liddell MacGregor Mathers translated it in English in 1888. Mathers, a key-influencer of the Golden, is said to have modified the rituals with W.B. Yeats. Mathers also translated the Kabbalah.

Legemeton
Also attributed to King Solomon and probably the most well known Grimoire, the Legemeton is a collection of medieval and post-medieval grimoires that originated in the twelfth century. The name Lemegeton probably stems from the compiler's ignorance of Latin. Inspiring from the Clavicula Salomonis (Key of Solomon), the "Little Key of Solomon" was dubbed "Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis."
http://demons.monstrous.com/grimoires.htm

I have no idea of how true any of the above is, but after trying to read some it, it appears to be badly written junk.

From CHAPTER XV
OF THE EXPERIMENT OF SEEKING FAVOUR AND LOVE

This being said, thou shalt place it in clean silk, and bury it for a day and a night at the junction of four cross-roads; and whensoever thou wishest to obtain any grace or favour from any, take it, having first properly consecrated it according to the rule, and place it in thy right hand, and seek thou what thou wilt it shall not be denied thee. But if thou doest not the Experiment carefully and rightly, assuredly thou shalt not succeed in any manner

Yeah. Right.

P
0 Replies

crimsontriad

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 01:48 am
i agree pauli. i couldnt find anything on anyone translating it from hebrew(which is most likely language solomon would have written it in) or anything of the sort. and i also agree that it is way out there. my main purpose of the post though was to see if there was a specific name for those who practice magic by envoking the angels of God and whatnot.
0 Replies

Rachelsue76

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:06 pm
The Keys
I am new here and found this site by looking up The Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon actually.

I have always thought since I was first told about them and did some research that they could be from when Solomon was following after the practices of his wives.

The kind of things that they talk about are real. And the fact of the matter is that when he was practicing the religion of his wives, he was serving Satan.

JMHO
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:10 pm
just freakin' fascinating. does anyone know a good book about conjuring up gnomes?
0 Replies