Ever been to Brazil ??

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:21 am
I'm planning a vacation to Brazil - the Rio area, and I'd love to hear from anyone who's been there. What is it like? Is there anything I should be wary of? How are the Brazillian people towards Americans?

Spare no details!

Thanks Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cBroiton

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:19 pm
Dumb anti-americanism is the ruling doctrin amongst the more literates.
But in daily life most of the Barazilians are friendly people and like the tourist $$$ very much.
Rio, like every big city, has it's fair share of criminals. I have lived 8 years there without being inundated. Now I live in Arraial do Cabo, 40.000 inhabitants, 150 km away. That is a paradise.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:05 pm
I have never been to Rio, but I have been to Recife.

Just don't do what I saw one American do there ~ loudly demand American beer at the bar, and 'tip' the waiter with Brazilian reais that he first ignited, while laughing at how worthless they were.
0 Replies

Chaplin

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:17 am
Have you gone yet? I've been to Rio, and can recommend several things. 1) Always carry your wallet in your front pocket with just enough cash to get you by for the day. 2) Don't miss Copacabana 3) Don't miss Redemer Cristo and Pao de Acucar 4) Corcovado 5) city tour
0 Replies