Name your political correctness peeve

Amigo

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:14 pm
Setanta wrote:
I can't stand beaners, but that's meat for a different thread . . .
In L.A. the Mexicans hate the Beaners. Laughing

(Maybe I shouldn't be joking about this right now.)
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:14 pm
Setanta wrote:
It still doesn't . . .
Let's analyze it in the context of this thread's tittle and your claims of bigotry.
Chumly wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
This is interesting. Could you name at least 3 such schools in Canada?
I said "schools and other institutions", go look up Terry Fox Theatre and Terry Fox Secondary School and the Terry Fox Foundation. Do your own Googling.
Intrepid wrote:
French and English have been spoken in Canada for over 300 years
So what! The Native Aboriginals tounge have been spoken for far longer.
Intrepid wrote:
and is part of Canada's identity.
Says who? You?
The Official Languages Act? The Multiculturalism Act? The Chinese? The East Indians? The Jews? The Poles? The Native Aboriginals?
Intrepid wrote:
French is the mother tongue of 6.6 million Canadians.
That's what Quebec would have you believe due to forced language indoctrination and all that supposed separate culture drivel
Intrepid wrote:
Canada is also known as a multicultural society and this is also part of our identity.
So what! Why should that be presumed to be validation for the government's nosey interventionism vis-a-vis the Official Languages Act and the Multiculturalism Act?

Intrepid this is a thread for the critique of Political Correctness.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:20 pm
So where precisely is this bigotry in the context of this thread's title Set?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:21 pm
Amigo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Well, in a thread like this, i would hope you were trying to p*ss somebody off . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:23 pm
Forget it Chumly, your entire tenor reeks of bigotry and i'm not going to waste any time or space pointing out in a detailed manner why bigotry is bigotry . . .

If you don't get, i doubt that anything i point out will, especially as i've already addressed your bigoted drivel in detail . . .
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:24 pm
You are about as wrong as you can be!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:25 pm
Set loves being better than everyone else. Isn't that right buddy?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:31 pm
Chumly, you have provided the evidence of your own bigotry with your statements about les habitants and about the "multi-culturalism" in Canada.

CJ, don't ask me sneering questions like that, and then address me as "Buddy."
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Well, in a thread like this, i would hope you were trying to p*ss somebody off . . .
The only thing I have to say about P.C. is I don't think it is ever good for feelings to be suppressed instead of expressed because it will just find another outlet like this one;

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Where they will find open arms as opposed to P.C. people yelling "RACIST" at them. It's like dlown said 'It's not good for things to fester.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:35 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
I would complain. Sheets and pillow cases are not clothing.

That is an insult to ragheads everywhere.

Also, isn't just being Canadian considered a disability?

God, I love this thread!

I won't bother trying to explain it to you as you probably wouldn't get it anyhow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:36 pm
No thanks, Ese . . . i stumbled into Stormfront once by mistake . . . i'd never go there on purpose . . .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:46 pm
Setanta wrote:

CJ, don't ask me sneering questions like that, and then address me as "Buddy."

It would help if you didn't run around A2K pretending to be the bigot police with that big book of definitions you wrote yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 04:47 pm
Utter tommyrot, CJ, but if that floats yer boat, help yerself.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:01 pm
Setanta wrote:
Chumly, you have provided the evidence of your own bigotry with your statements about les habitants and about the "multi-culturalism" in Canada.
Set, it's seems clear that you have quite misunderstood and wish to label me a bigot.

You wish to defend your position not by quoting me in full context, in my phrasing, and wording, and in the spirit of this thread and then by placing specified comments and arguments as to how you came to your conclusion that I am bigoted, so that we can see exactly what you think I meant by my text, but by referring me to your prior post of which I read with some interest a few times.

Again it is quite plain that your prior post in question shows you misunderstood my post by some margin.

Until and or unless you quote me and place specified comments and arguments after each quote, as to how you came to your conclusion that I am bigoted it will be rather impossible for me to see exactly what you think I meant by my text.

Notes:

a) My reference to multiculturalism was as to government interventionism and the implications theretofore as per PC and not as to the spirit or intent of multiculturalism as a realty or idealization or goal.

As to les habitants I did not use that phrase although may well have alluded to such, so I again request that you quote me in full context, in my phrasing, and wording, and in the spirit of this thread and then by placing specified comments and arguments as to how you came to your conclusion that I am bigoted so that we can see exactly what you think I meant by my text.

I have to get back to work, I'll check in later.
Cheers,

Chum.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
I may, another day, if i have the time. However, you should note that you are already changing the terms, as for example with your reference to government intervention. As for referring to les habitants, you apparently understood the reference, so whether or not you had used it was not relevant. Maybe later, i'll respond, but don't bet on it. If you can't see, i see no profit to either of us getting in a pissing match over the details or remarks about cultural drivel.

Say, CJ, did it bother you to have your snotty remarks about Spanish-speakers criticized . . . awwww . . . wahh waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
I may, another day, if i have the time. However, you should note that you are already changing the terms, as for example with your reference to government intervention. As for referring to les habitants, you apparently understood the reference, so whether or not you had used it was not relevant. Maybe later, i'll respond, but don't bet on it. If you can't see, i see no profit to either of us getting in a pissing match over the details or remarks about cultural drivel.

In fact I did not "apparently understood the reference" (sic) as per "les habitants". I have never used that phrase before at any time nor am I sure what your definition of it might be. All I did say was that "I may well have alluded to such". My reason for saying this is that you have concluded that I alluded to "les habitants". I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. No more, no less.

As such I make four points:

a) You appear to be reading into my text things which are not there.

b) I am not "changing my terms" as per so-called "government intervention". As such I will quote me
Chumly wrote:
Why should that be presumed to be validation for the government's nosey interventionism vis-a-vis the Official Languages Act and the Multiculturalism Act?

c) I remind you of the tittle and hence apropos context of this thread "Name your political correctness peeve".

d) Perhaps before jumping in with both feet you might wish to see if there is water in the pool.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:29 pm
Setanta wrote:

Say, CJ, did it bother you to have your snotty remarks about Spanish-speakers criticized . . . awwww . . . wahh waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Less and less the more I know who I'm dealing with here. Here you are playing PC police in the anti-PC thread. Everyone watch out! Set might give you a timeout!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:51 pm
Re: Name your political correctness peeve
Gala wrote:
Okay, this PC thing has been annoying for a while, but now it's reached a new low. They've just put up a sign "Clothing Care Center" on the door of what was formally the laundry room. Laundry is a comforting word. What was wrong with Laundry Room? This is not good.

If this is the premise of this thread, the whole thing is stupid, anyhow.

Who the hell is offended by the term "Laundry Room"? The dirty clothes? Isn't stamping out language offensive to some people what PC is supposed to be about?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:54 pm
Well, some laundry can be pretty damned offensive.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:56 pm
Chai...I grew up calling retarded people 'family'.
Mentally challenged is for anyone else. Gawd, I've spent too much time around social workers! Laughing

LordE, that was a brilliant way to deal with that retarded situation. Made me laugh.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:36:24