SNAKE! (or How I Spent My Afternoon)

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 08:17 pm
Oh, you've met Craven, then?

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 08:34 pm
Heh heh....Noddy, I understand that the Everglades are THE choice of Hell's Angels and other such types for disposing of bodies...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 12:39 am
cavfancier- Oh, the gators are fierce there.......after awhile, no evidence! And besides, New Jersey is full! Laughing
0 Replies

Anti-simple

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:21 am
Lettuce Lake article
Very Happy Good story on Lettuce Lake. My wife and I were married there 5/6/88 on the boardwalk- small ceremony with a preacher and about 8 people- it was beautiful. We were attracted by the beauty yet wild nature around us.

We lived in Tampa then and loved LLP. Now we live in the Tennessee mountains.

Best to you!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:34 pm
Anti-simple - Welcome to Able2Know! Very Happy .

That was so nice about your wedding. Hmm. I am going to the doctor on Fletcher Avenue tomorrow, and will pass Lettuce Lake Park. Perhaps I will go there again!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:40 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Soz- This guy had GUTS!

sozobe wrote:
Did he have an Australian accent and keep referring to Terry?

In Australia, this fellow'd be called a fool, idiot, etc., and a likely a DEAD one at that!

I don't know how poisonous your snakies are - but here....arrrrggghhh!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:50 pm
According to people who should know, Florida venomous snakes are not aggressive unless cornered. I am loath to test out the hypothesis!

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/herpetology/fl-guide/venomsnk.htm
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:54 pm
The FOOL, IDIOT description does NOT exclude wildlife presenters! They give such a bad, dangerous example
0 Replies

Jesusgirl22

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 01:58 pm
Hmm...I suspect the young photographer may have been high on something besides adrenalin.

With human encroachment ever pushing into wild areas, human must learn to live with wildlife. That does not mean we should hand feed, caress, stalk, or be face-to-face cozy with wild critters. It does mean we need to respect them and make whatever precautions we need to be sure that both sides of the domestic fence are safe.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 02:03 pm
Jesusgirl22 - Does that mean that I have to stop stalking alligators in the lake? Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 02:05 pm
Well, maybe just leave the camera crew at home... more maneuverability that way. Wink
0 Replies

Jesusgirl22

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:18 pm
Phoenix,
If you really think you can outrun a rambunctious alligator, stalk away.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:31 pm
A long time ago a young boy spent the summer at
Agate Fossil Beds
where they were building the infra-structure for the National Monument.
During those days it was not uncommon to kill 15 to 20 Rattlers everyday. This young boy used to have a quart jar full of rattles.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:42 pm
when i first moved to a very southern new mexico town (very close to texas) in the winter before letting the dogs out in the morning I would have to climb up on the roof of the house walking the perimeter with my 22 rifle shooting the rattlers that came up to the foundation of the house for warmth during the night.
0 Replies