can some people see the future?

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 11:55 am
i've just sat with a psychic who seems to have been able to give me a reading that to my mind seemed very accurate. who has views on the subject?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 936 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 12:47 pm
My view is that she was probably quite good at making people think she can tell the future. There are a plethora of tecniques they use. Mostly smoke and mirrors type psychology.
I believe there is a million dollars up for grabs to anyone that can prove they can do something like this. To my knowledge the money is still sitting unclaimed.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 12:59 pm
Well, we do make guesses about what will happen. I guess some people might be so good at it that they can recognize the probability of their forcast's reliability.
I predict, with near certainty, that something's gonna happen.

Whoa... I was right.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:12 pm
There is a guy in the U.K called Derren Brown who has a show called 'Trick of the Mind' maybe? Anyway, he does some very weird things, the psychology of the brain and mind is immense stuff. When someone knows how another person is thinking better than that person themselves and is in a position to use a variety of technical techniques, you get some amazing results it seems.

Quote:
i've just sat with a psychic who seems to have been able to give me a reading that to my mind seemed very accurate. who has views on the subject?

I think this is the part were they excel. ^

Derren Brown

His work links in with psychics really, indeed in one of the shows he convinced a large crowd that he was a psychic using the stuff he knows. That specific show was about demonstrating the fraudulence that has existed for such a long time.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:11 am
Im going to see derren brown on the 28th of april...
im gonna make a big sign saying 'pick me' so that i will get experimented on. how cool.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:26 am
Sooo lucky, apart from the fact that I'd probably freeze on stage or something stupid, that'd be a blast I'm sure. Have a great time. Oh and see if you can somehow hypnotise Mr Brown himself, just for the hell of it...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:45 am
I saw Derren Brown a couple of years back.e was fantastic.

The odd thing was that afterwards I couldnt remember about 95% of it.
I then saw a programme he did about a yera later and at the end he said 'dont be worried if you cant remember any of the show, Ive beenshowing flashed up subliminal messages to make you forget it'.
He may have done that to us.

Anyhoo, he is a great believer in frauds, he shows its not a gift, you just have to learn how to read people.
He even explained that the Victorians saw a money making scheme in making money off the bereaved.

But , yes I believe some people are psychic.Ther was a show on recently wittling down people to reveal the best psychic among them.

Im not saying Im psychic but last year I had a feeling someone important wouldnt be at a friends wedding.That turned out to be his best man who was rushed into hospital with a blood clot to his brain.
Just before Christmas i had such a strong feeling, something really bad was going to happen.
A guy I know was involved in a car crash on New Years Eve and died a couple of weeks later.

I think some people are just tuned into intuition, some people call it being psychic.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:49 am
material girl wrote:
I think some people are just tuned into intuition, some people call it being psychic.

But aren't they broadly same? I mean frequent successful intutions make you a psychic.... don't they?
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:53 am
I tend to think of it being a bit more mathematical and calculated than mythical or spiritual, but that's me. I do however get the feeling that the human brain is capable of quite a considerable amount more than what most of us currently experience. Again though, that's an almost, ridiculous hunch, as much as anything else.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:19 am
vinsan wrote:
material girl wrote:

But aren't they broadly same? I mean frequent successful intutions make you a psychic.... don't they?

Am I psychic then???

Another thing, around June last year I had an image of a woman in a dark room, with a light shining on her using all rainbow colours.
In November a singer I like(give you 3 guesses who)brings out an album.The accompanying photo shoot is of her in a dark roo with rainbow colour lights on her!!It took me a while to realise that one.
0 Replies

homersguru

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:31 am
this woman was able to tell me things that happened in the past,that were going on now that were so specific that it's hard to ignore. the stuff for the future will be proved right or wrong with time but the past and present stuff WOW! it uas uncanny
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:43 am
Does she only tell you good things?
I think Id be sacred if anything bad was said.

Would you be willing to share the things she got right from your past?

Id love to see a psychic.
0 Replies

homersguru

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:59 am
she will tell you whatever she sees good or bad. she said that she saw me in a uniform ( not military so no weird haircut), she said that there was two different version of me in uniform but i had changed 5 years ago ( a separation ). she could tell me that a loved one had just crossed water and that they didn't know if they would be back(true). she said that i was supposed to start my own bossiness with this person but I had chickened out(true)
for the future she says that the traveler will return and the bossiness will begin and thrive (can't comment on the accuracy of this one)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:59 am
material girl wrote:
vinsan wrote:
material girl wrote:

Am I psychic then???

Another thing, around June last year I had an image of a woman in a dark room, with a light shining on her using all rainbow colours.
In November a singer I like(give you 3 guesses who)brings out an album.The accompanying photo shoot is of her in a dark roo with rainbow colour lights on her!!It took me a while to realise that one.

I said, One intuition in 10 months... isn't frequent, Material Girl.

..... and if you have been having it frequently then they better be successful. Razz

If you meet these criteria, then you should be a psychic. Cool
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:06 am
vinsan wrote:

I said, One intuition in 10 months... isn't frequent, Material Girl.

When did you say that?

Homersguru, what was the business you were going to start?
0 Replies

homersguru

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:27 am
it was a training and development bossiness.

STOP PRESS!
she told me that the next call from the traveler would be about a property. just got off the phone after been told that she found a house to rent this minute ?????
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:58 am
These are incredibly vague predictions.

Your next call will be about the weather. See what I mean? These are pretty obvious things and anyone can interpret them any way they please. If this person really had an insight, they wouldn't use a vague term like "property", which could mean a house, a vacant lot, or a material good - they would say, a house, at 345 Main Street in Charleston, or whatever.

I know you want to believe, but this person isn't giving you any sort of a real insight -- they are, it seems, giving you vague assurances and you are filling it all in with what you want to believe can be so.
0 Replies