LCD TV's Dropping In Price.

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:28 am
I just purchased an extra TV for my bedroom from Dell. It is their newest LCD at 23" and the price is astounding, only $849.00 after an instant rebate. Excellent picture, especially (of course) in hi-def, and pretty good sound (with SRS simulated surround). It is Dell's marketing structure to wait until the time is right and then direct market a better price product. Will this drive the price down on the newest sets by other manufacturers? I'd like to eventually replace my Mitsubishi 44" rear projection for an 50" LCD. I still think the LCD is the wave of the future even with plasma taking a good share of the market. Big feature: LCD isn't subject to stationary "burn-in" of images. Plasma is, although DLP (a projected LCD image) is not. It's going to be between LCD and DLP for my next big screen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 805 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:32 am
Sounds like an awesome tv you got there. I just bought a new computer with Dell and I'm very impressed with it!
I think I'll be waiting for the plasma tv's to go way down in price before I start replacing my tv's, though.
0 Replies