Isaac Hayes and the silly wackos

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:45 am
Issac quits South Park silly wackos because he is a silly wacko scientologist himself.
Quote:
"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," Hayes said in a statement after he announced he had been asked to be let out of his contract.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honoured," he added. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

A recent episode of the programme sent up Tom Cruise and Scientology, which is also Hayes' religion, although he did not specifically mention that show in his statement.

However 'South Park''s co-creator Matt Stone declared that the episode - 'Trapped In The Closet' - was the reason behind Hayes' move, suggesting his respect for religious beliefs was narrow.

"This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology," Stone told the Associated Press. "He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of cheques - with our show making fun of Christians."

Producers have yet to decide whether the Chef character will be axed or re-voiced.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 721 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:48 am
"He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of cheques - with our show making fun of Christians."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:48 am
It would be cool for chef to have a laryngometcomy and have to use a voice box with a Chef accent.

ok ok

how bout chef gets whacked and a note is pinned to his body saying
"You shoulda given me treefiddy"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:49 am
cheques?? are they , (gasp) CANADIAN?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 05:46 am
You know, I always thought they were Canadian, but then I suddenly received some information that seemingly contradicted it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 05:52 am
Bloom. Are you the messiah?

You said it.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:08 pm
I'll bet they can't resist the urge to kill him off (Chef) in the most sacrilegious way they can....(at least, that's what I'd do). Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
the return of the succubus
0 Replies