The Passion of Moshe the 3rd
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:43 pm
I like Purim cookies, especially with the poppy seeds.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 03:09 am
So what is your point?
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:26 am
Green Witch wrote:
I like Purim cookies, especially with the poppy seeds.

Smile Hamantashen.
Named for Haman's three corner hat.
Yes... I like the poppy seeds best too. Smile
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:26 am
chris2a wrote:
So what is your point?

Laughing Confused Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:34 am
Nice story Moishe- well written! Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 08:06 am
Hey Moishe, good yontif to you and yours. I think I'll make hamentaschen this weekend. Thanks for the reminder and the story.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:18 pm
Hey, shall I start writing about ancient Greek words and their secret meaning? How about I tell you the time I saw a conspiracy right in front of my eyes when two flies forced a bee to fly down my shirt. Man that was cosmic!

Besides, it's not the Jews, Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist, Christians or any other sect that is the problem today. It's that damn human psyche we left back in the caves almost 2 million years ago. Yeah, that is the REAL problem. We are so tribal.

So tell me where this strange word comes from and what it means:

νιψονανονιματαμινονανοψιν
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 01:08 pm
Chris 2A--

Quote:
Hey, shall I start writing about ancient Greek words and their secret meaning? How about I tell you the time I saw a conspiracy right in front of my eyes when two flies forced a bee to fly down my shirt. Man that was cosmic!

Besides, it's not the Jews, Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist, Christians or any other sect that is the problem today. It's that damn human psyche we left back in the caves almost 2 million years ago. Yeah, that is the REAL problem. We are so tribal.

So tell me where this strange word comes from and what it means:

νιψονανονιματαμινονανοψιν

Do you need help starting your own thread? Instead of clicking on "Reply" just click on "New Topic".

0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 03:56 pm
Re: Purim
great story and narration... could not stop reading.

one mistake though.

Moishe3rd wrote:
The first Gulf War was the only occurrence in Israel's history where Israel did not retaliate against an enemy that attacked them; an enemy who had sworn to annihilate Israel.
And, this is the only instance in the history of the world where a stronger nation, Israel, was attacked by a weaker nation, Iraq, and the stronger nation did not defend itself or retaliate, even as the weaker nation was totally defeated.

so far i know, Israel did retaliate - their sqadron of F16's were called back from mid air, because USA promised to retaliate and do the needful (usa knew that if israel involved itself, then things would go from bad to worse... all arab nations would join the war)

as for only instance in the world when a stronger nation did not react to a weaker nation.... well thats happened many times.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 04:18 pm
Re: Purim
brahmin wrote:
great story and narration... could not stop reading.

one mistake though.

Moishe3rd wrote:
The first Gulf War was the only occurrence in Israel's history where Israel did not retaliate against an enemy that attacked them; an enemy who had sworn to annihilate Israel.
And, this is the only instance in the history of the world where a stronger nation, Israel, was attacked by a weaker nation, Iraq, and the stronger nation did not defend itself or retaliate, even as the weaker nation was totally defeated.

so far i know, Israel did retaliate - their sqadron of F16's were called back from mid air, because USA promised to retaliate and do the needful (usa knew that if israel involved itself, then things would go from bad to worse... all arab nations would join the war)

Thank you. And, I did not know that.
Are you sure?
As I happen to believe in my own story, this is important to me, if true.
Although, even so, they didn't attack...
Still, I would love to get some corroboration for that, if you could.

Quote:
as for only instance in the world when a stronger nation did not react to a weaker nation.... well thats happened many times

Now, this one I'm pretty sure about.
Specifically, I do not believe that a weak nation has ever attacked a stronger nation; the weak nation was totally defeated, as in crushed, and the stronger nation that had been attacked did absolutely nothing to the weaker nation (that was obviously crushed by other forces).
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 04:48 am
that israel did launch an F16 counter offensive (which were called back in mid flight) is mentioned in "the fist of god" by Fredrick Forsyth.
0 Replies