UNHEALTHY FOOD COMPANIES AT RISK(UK/GB)

Badboy

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 07:45 am
A goverment healthy eating campaign means some unhealthy food companies may go bankrupt.

Already MACDONALD'S has closed 25 `restaurants' and possibly 2 companies may go bankrupt.(Canterbury foods and RKM foods)

Sales of fizzy drinks have gone down(they properbly won't be helped by the fact BENZENE has been found in some fizzy drinks!.)

The government has plans plans to ban vending machines in schools by september.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 922 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:29 am
My wife has banned all fizzy drinks in her school already. They still have vending machines, but they only dispense fruit juice and bottles of spring water.

She is now working on the school menus.

I reckon she'll be lynched by September. I must up her insurance cover.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 05:16 am
i SEE YET AGAIN that unhealthy food sales are being hit.

How long before another food company is bankrupt.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 06:08 am
So, GB will return to its traditional menu of boiled tastelessness, served with a side helping of unidentifiable mush.
0 Replies

southerngentleman

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 10:18 pm
I don't think British food is that bad- not like it was when I was much younger! There's been a lot of influences in their cooking- much like the States!

I was just thinking about Badboy's comment about the benzene in fizzy drinks- if you're not drinking a TON of soda, then I can't imagine a bit of benzene would hurt too much- considering all the other chemicals a normal person eats/come in contact with throughout a day.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:18 am
That study about benzene levels in soda was using the benzene standard for water - which assumes you're drinking a ton of it all day long. If you're eating healthy, and having sweets/soda in moderation like you should be the benzene is certainly not an issue, imo.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 07:09 am
scolarest, WHO DO turkey twizzlers HAVE FOUND THEIR CONTRACT FOR SCHOOL FOOD under pressure because of the JAMIE OLIVER' effect after his campaign for healthier school meals.
0 Replies