Thoughts on Dreams

Ray

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:07 pm
I don't know what your dream experience is like, but in at least some of mine, I expected what will happen or had a sense of what's going to happen in the dream when I was dreaming it, but didn't really think of it much. It was like, I expected it or sensed it to happen, but then a second later when it was happening I put the thought aside. Weird. It's hard to explain. Anyone had the same experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 933 • Replies: 16
No top replies

eoe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:42 pm
Sure. I have recurring dreams and sometimes, when the dream is shaping up to be the same as before, I'm conscious of that fact but do nothing to prevent it or avoid it. Perhaps if the dreams had horrible outcomes, I'd try and shift them but my dreams are usually quite pleasant.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 01:45 pm
i do that all the time. after all i think dreams are mutable. like when i dream i think of something then it happens then i have a sense of deja vu.
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:24 pm
Definately I have done that. Sometimes, I have an experience, where I experience an image in my mind, then I see that image, and I get all exited. Then I totally blank out, and forget about what I was doing.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:19 pm
Thanks all for the comments, ideas, and insights. Smile

Dreams are weird. We are in a sense creating and not creating the dreams. Sometimes we control the events of our dreams, sometimes we forget to change the events of our dreams.
0 Replies

Shadowbayne

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:30 pm
yum. I think that dreams are made up of any of the subliminal information in our brains that we can't acess when we're concious. I think, for some reason, when we're sleeping we have acess to it.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:18 pm
Yes, most call it deja vu.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
BTW, you're far more likely to remember your dreams if you wake up in the middle of them rather than in between cycles. The only problem is that it really sucks doing so because you feel groggier.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:34 pm
I remember having dreams when I was younger that seemed like I was traveling back to another lifetime. It had became a craze after "Bridy Murphy" I wondered about that power of suggestion driving dreams.

I would sometimes have the tidal wave dream and found out that it meant I had some life problems that were overwhelming. Which I did not have.

Not sure if there is any real science to explain dreams other that the psychiatrist's conjectures.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:29 pm
I studied this a bit (long time ago though) and I've had a lot of success interpreting dreams. Here's the trick...ask people what they felt about the things, people, etc in the dreams and they do all the interpretation for you - and when you nail it, they know it and don't dream it anymore.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:32 pm
I've got the book about dreams in my library -- lost somewhere in my collection. I'll try to drag it out tomorrow morning. We could have fun using it to analyze some of the dreams we've all had.

(I always actually thought the tidal waves dream meant I have to get up and pee).
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:34 pm
Hey LW,

How did the wave make you feel...? What happened exactly?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 09:39 pm
I was sometimes be in the lower floors of a high rise, like in countless tidal wave movies. The wave would hit and I would begin running upstairs. If I didn't make it, I would just wake up. I think it is movie suggestion. I've had dreams about movies I've seen many times.

Another would be in Laguna Beach where waves would begin coming over the houses by the Pacific Coast Highway. I'd sometimes be in one of those houses, escape and get to higher ground. Or I'd be observing from atop the hill where I lived over the main village.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:17 pm
Are you into the drama of it? Do you enjoy watching mass destruction type scenes in movies, love a good storm, etc? and can you tell me more about how you feel in the dream? Scared, awed, panic, alone,..?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:28 am
I feel convinced in the dream that despite the big wave coming in, I will escape. I guess that could mean it doesn't matter what is thrown at me in real life, I will be able to survive it. I just heard my favorite bartendar at The Daily Grill in Fashion Island, OC, had broken his neck snow boarding. Tried to reach him but he was asleep. A really nice guy, always rapping about golf, snowboarding or some other sport. He's in rehabilitation as he has limited use of his limbs (not as bad as Christopher Reeve). We had become very good friends -- there's another tidal wave!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:33 am
Ack! Sorry to hear that LW. Tell him even people in Australia are wishing him well.

On the dream thing...yeah see, people always seem to work it out themselves when you ask enough questions.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
I will do that. He's so tied up with all the rehab that our mutual friend said he was hard to get hold of and he is clear up in Northridge at a hospital. He had just recently broken up with his girlfriend who he had thought could become his wife so he wasn't exactly in the best frame of mind. I was playing reverse bartendar and listening to his troubles! He is really well liked by the clientele at the restaurant and even though I have recently had issues with one of the managers of the restaurant (over a rude take-out order incident and a prima donna snit on his part) and had begun avoiding patronizing the place, I happened to wonder why I hadn't seen him through the front window on my way to my car. The gallery is actually quite nearby (although Fashion Island has a lot of fine restaurants, probably more than any mall I can think of).
0 Replies